• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

No one gets turned away from an emergency room. Got a cold? go to Rite-Aid :rolleyes:

One of the big problems with our healthcare system. The Emergency Department is used as an alternative to the Doctor's office for people who aren't insured. It would be cheaper to give everyone free healthcare in the long run. (see the article i posted a couple days back).

This is what I don't understand. For such a powerhouse of a nation, I don't understand why medical health care isn't a right in the U.S. Can someone explain to me how/why you have to pay so much? Who exactly decided that, unless you have insurers, you're pretty much fucked with your health?

By no means is the NHS all sunshine and smiles, but, shit, if I need it, it's there and it's free. I couldn't believe it when my mother's friend had to pay for a visit to a walk-in clinic in Florida just to see what was hurting her back. I think it cost something like $500. In Britain that would be about...£7-8. With medication. You have an exemption card, then it's free.

Bonfire Night?

:D

I'll try to answer this question. Eight years of Republican rule? Granted, we didn't have healthcare for all before, but the attempts were made by Hillary Clinton (i'm sure it was a fight that needed an Army to win just the first battle). It was never on the Bush agenda (only war and oil made that list). Actual American humans received no consideration.

We are a selfish nation who don't think the poor or middle class "work hard enough" and so they don't deserve what should be considered a basic human right. The fact that we are the only nation still in such a crisis with uninsured people should tell us something. Since we elected Doofus Bush twice, it's not that we are smarter than anyone else...

and healthcare costs are out of control because of Insurers and Pharmaceutical companies more than any other reason. Sorry to say these people need more government regulation just as much as Wall Street does.

Why? Why can't he just pay them money, with which the employee can use to figure their own health care? Why should all the responsibility be forced on the employer? It makes no sense. He has other thigns to worry about. If he/she wants to include healthcare into their employees paychecks, then go for it. I'm all for it. But if they don't want to, then why should they have to? The people who want their company to do that can go somewhere else for a job.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. I don't like how federal employees have their healthcare paid for them by the government. To me, that's wrong. But it's not shocking to me, since it's been happening for a while now.

hearin lies the problem...many employers do not pay their employees enough to cover health insurance...i think we are getting close here wannabe...i agree he can just pay him the money, but the problem is he's not...employers have been given the chance to pay a "living wage" without a government mandate for a long time and they are not jumping at the chance...kudos to the employers that are...they will have no problem with any future government mandate......afterall, healthy employees can only increase productivity and public health is in the interest of anybody who steps outside their door...

and as far as you not being shocked by healthcare for federal employees "since it's been happening for a while now"...i am sure you will feel the same way after everyone has healthcare "for a while"...cheers wannabe

Yes, I'm aware my sample is hardly scientific...still, I'm hearing from other

people from across the country who report similar disillusionment with McCain/

Palin and the craven Rovian campaign they have chosen to run.

I'm disillusioned with the entire political process, Republicans and Democrats alike. I'm usually excited on election day, but today I just feel sick. I think I'm going to vote Libertarian for the first time ever.

:lol:

We'll wait and see. And BTW, he's half white. Not that it matters. ;)

that one has been bothering me lately...are they saying that the black race is dominant over the white race since that seems to take presedence in a biracial person?

(my ranger buddy in basic was biracial and would alternate between checking caucasian and african american on every other form we had to fill out...pretty funny!)

that one has been bothering me lately...are they saying that the black race is dominant over the white race since that seems to take presedence in a biracial person?

(my ranger buddy in basic was biracial and would alternate between checking caucasian and african american on every other form we had to fill out...pretty funny!)

If a person has ANY black in them, they are automatically considered "black". At least that's been my observation. Whatever, makes no difference to me.

That reminds me of a "Seinfeld" episode where Elaine thinks her boyfriend is black, but doesn't have the guts to ask because she's unsure. :lol:

If a person has ANY black in them, they are automatically considered "black". At least that's been my observation. Whatever, makes no difference to me.

That reminds me of a "Seinfeld" episode where Elaine thinks her boyfriend is black, but doesn't have the guts to ask because she's unsure. :lol:

saw that one...oh seinfeld...those were the days!!!

it doesn't make a difference to me either...just that it appears to give more weight, therefore an implied superiority to the black man...does it not?

saw that one...oh seinfeld...those were the days!!!

it doesn't make a difference to me either...just that it appears to give more weight, therefore an implied superiority to the black man...does it not?

I hear what you're saying. As if it's some kind of special distinction.

I wonder if he would be considered "white" in Kenya? :huh:

It always seems to - look at Bob Marley - no-one ever mentions his white ancestry, and Halle Berry made a whole deal out of being a black actress winning an Oscar. The white parentage doesn't seem to count.

Archived