Vocalist Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot Found Dead in Vegas

The Pagemeister

Vocalist Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot Found Dead in Vegas

Kevin_DuBrow.jpg

Quiet Riot vocalist Kevin DuBrow was found dead at his home in Las Vegas on Sunday. Friends reportedly went to his home and found the singer. The musician was 52.

DuBrow started the heavy metal band Dubrow in 1980 and later changed the name to Quiet Riot. The group released an album “Mental Health” that took them to the top of the charts. They were the first metal band to receive number one status on their debut album.

Their latest album “Rehab” was released in 2006. Most recently, the group performed in July at glam metal festival “Rocklahoma” and at a free concert in mid September for service members at Kessler AFB in Biloxi, MS. - Source: Bitten and Bound Copyright

A story on Kevin DuBrow published in Rock Confidential writes that "In 1980, DuBrow formed a band he named DuBrow. That band later became Quiet Riot and with the release of Metal Health they stormed to the top of the charts. Quiet Riot was the first metal band to achieve number one status on their (U.S. release) debut album. Songs like “Cum on Feel the Noize” and “Metal Health (Bang Your Head)” launched them into national fame."

aww.. thats too bad. :(

I was never much of a Quiet Riot fan, but I did see them warm up for

ZZ Top in the mid-80's and I though they put on a pretty good show.

A buddy of mine from back in those days likes to tell the story of the time he was a busboy in a swank southern california seafood restaurant when Kevin Dubrow came in and sat down with some friends. My buddy walked by their table and acted as though he'd accidentally walked into a pillar across from the table. He put his hand on his forehead, looked at Dubrow and wryly said "owww.. I .. banged my head". He says Dubrow politely chuckled at his antics. He was a good sport.

^_^

This one's for you, Kevin.

:beer:

QR_78.jpg

art.dubrow.gi.jpg

Sorry to make fun of the dead but I have a funny story here....I saw Jason Bonham at a bar in LA....well my friend and I kept seeing this guy walking around that we reconized....so we finally went to him and asked who he was....well he puts his arms around our shoulders and leans in..."Well boys, I used to be in a small band you might have heard of"......long pause.....shifts his eyes....."...Quiet Riot"......we both just kinda said okay and started laughing.....he was pissed...the rest of the night he was eye-balling us from across the room....I guess we were supposed to be blown away by his response...too funny....RIP!!!

Classic QUIET RIOT Broadcast To Re-Air Today - Nov. 27, 2007

The CMS Radio Network will honor the passing of QUIET RIOT vocalist Kevin DuBrow by featuring a classic broadcast of the band on Tuesday, November 27 at noon EST. The hour-long broadcast was professionally recorded in 1983, just as the group was breaking big with its "Metal Health" release.

To tune in and remember QUIET RIOT in its prime, go to this location.

QUIET RIOT's latest studio CD, "Rehab", was released on October 3, 2006. The lineup on the album was Kevin DuBrow, Frankie Banali, Tony Franklin and Neil Citron.

QUIET RIOT was the first metal band to top the Billboard chart and is perhaps best known for its cover of SLADE's "Cum on Feel the Noize".

In 2004, DuBrow recorded a collection of cover versions for his first solo album, "In for the Kill".

Hi:

I heard Kevin and Quiet Riot in 06 at Rock the Park in London Canada. It is a great event that raises money for a child who passed away from a rare disease..The money goes toward research at The University of Western Ontario in London

My condolences to his family, bandmates and all those who knew and loved him..

Juliet

RIP KEVIN

• 2 weeks later...

QUIET RIOT Singer Died Of Cocaine Overdose

The Associated Press reports that the death last month of Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for the 1980s heavy metal band QUIET RIOT, has been ruled an accidental cocaine overdose.

Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles confirmed the cause Monday (December 10) after toxicology results were received.

Dubrow was found dead Nov. 25 at his Las Vegas home. He was 52.

QUIET RIOT was perhaps best known for its 1983 cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize". The song, featuring Dubrow's powerful, gravelly voice, appeared on the band's album "Metal Health" — which was the first by a metal band to reach No. 1 on the Billboard chart.

DuBrow recorded a solo album in 2004, "In for the Kill", and the band's last studio CD, "Rehab", came out in October 2006.

QUIET RIOT Singer Died Of Cocaine Overdose

The Associated Press reports that the death last month of Kevin Dubrow, lead singer for the 1980s heavy metal band QUIET RIOT, has been ruled an accidental cocaine overdose.

Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles confirmed the cause Monday (December 10) after toxicology results were received.

Dubrow was found dead Nov. 25 at his Las Vegas home. He was 52.

QUIET RIOT was perhaps best known for its 1983 cover of "Cum on Feel the Noize". The song, featuring Dubrow's powerful, gravelly voice, appeared on the band's album "Metal Health" — which was the first by a metal band to reach No. 1 on the Billboard chart.

DuBrow recorded a solo album in 2004, "In for the Kill", and the band's last studio CD, "Rehab", came out in October 2006.

Kinda saw that one coming.

Archived