Monty Python-Zeppelin Connection

anita1967

I got to see the great play "Spamalot" today, and during one of the songs, a character breaks into "STH" and it triggered something I had read long ago. Did Zeppelin help bankroll "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", or am I mistaken?

I got to see the great play "Spamalot" today, and during one of the songs, a character breaks into "STH" and it triggered something I had read long ago. Did Zeppelin help bankroll "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", or am I mistaken?

Yes they did. :D

It's great that all those people helped with financing...had to help with financing!

Can you imagine going to the studio and trying to explain that Movie?? :D

Yes, except for the part about the holy hand grenade. That would have made total sense.

The Life of Brian has some hilarious moments in it and I think that had some help from George Harrison and others also.

Favorite moment: when the guards are trying not to crack up after hearing the name "Biggus Dickus".

It was Life Of Brian that Harrison was behind. Monty Pythin couldn't get it made so Harrison made Handmade Films and put up the money, he also briefly appears in the film.

Another reason GH was my favorite Beatle :D

• 2 weeks later...

Plant also said at one gig *disclaimer, I haven't heard it in ages, so I'm paraphrasing* something about Eric Idle and Monty Python, and how the gig could get silly. And that they could actually be in the audience.

And I close with:

Nailemupguy.jpg

Manacles! Ooh oooh oh oh.

My idea of heaven is to be allowed to be put in manacles... just for a few hours. They must think the sun shines out o' your arse, sonny.

BRIAN:

Oh, lay off me. I've had a hard time!

BEN:

You've had a hard time?! I've been here five years! They only hung me the right way up yesterday! So, don't you come 'rou--

BRIAN:

All right. All right.

BEN:

They must think you're Lord God Almighty.

BRIAN:

What will they do to me?

BEN:

Oh, you'll probably get away with crucifixion.

BRIAN:

Crucifixion?!

BEN:

Yeah, first offence.

BRIAN:

Get away with crucifixion?! It's--

BEN:

Best thing the Romans ever did for us.

BRIAN:

What?!

BEN:

Oh, yeah. If we didn't have crucifixion, this country would be in a right bloody mess.

BRIAN:

Guards!

BEN:

Nail him up, I say!

BRIAN:

Guards!

BEN:

Nail some sense into him!

JAILER:

[cough cough] What do you want?

BRIAN:

I want you to move me to another cell.

JAILER:

Ha! [ptoo]

BRIAN:

Aah!

BEN:

Oh, look at that! Bloody favouritism!

JAILER:

Shut up, you!

BEN:

Sorry!

JAILER:

Huhh. [cough cough]

BEN:

Now, take my case. They hung me up here five years ago. Every night, they take me down for twenty minutes, then they hang me up again, which I regard as very fair, in view of what I done, and, if nothing else, it's taught me to respect the Romans, and it's taught me... that you'll never get anywhere in this life, unless you're prepared to do a fair day's work for a fair day's pay!

BRIAN:

Oh, shut up!

[clank]

JAILER:

Ehhh.

CENTURION:

Pilate wants to see you!

BRIAN:

Me?

CENTURION:

Come on!

BRIAN:

Pilate? What does he want to see me for?

CENTURION:

I think he wants to know which way up you want to be crucified.

BEN:

Oh, ha ha ha haa! Ha haa! Nice one, Centurion. Like it. Like it.

CENTURION:

Shut up!

BEN:

Right. Right. Terrific race, the Romans. Terrific.

Archived