What Zeppelin Memorabilia do you Collect?

I'd be very interested in any feedback on an item that my friend is about to put up for sale on EBay. It's a pair of jeans signed in 1980 by John Bonham. Here's a couple of pics.

Bonzojeans001.jpg

Bonzojeans004.jpg

Obviously, they wouldn't really be wearable - they are a very small female-sized pair of Levi's, very worn and patched on the rear. They are a collector's item. There is ample evidence of their authenticity.

Any feedback at all would be nice - and anyone with a genuine interest or offer can be connected with the seller under the right circumstances.

Cheers.

Cheers to you, Knebby!

Any way your "friend" could describe the situation in which the autograph was obtained?

(Historical purposes) When,where,random,pre/post concert?

I also look forward to a book you hopefully one day write.

I hope the autographed denims fetch a tidy sum,a sure centerpiece for an avid collector.

Anything that would be of interest to a serious archive with the bands best interests in mind. I don't collect for profit. Only for history's sake and or setting the record straight

WOW! That's one fantastic piece of memorabilia. John's signature has held well considered the length of time that has past. Your friend definitely took great care of that, which meant it was special to them. Just out of curiosity Knebby, what made them sell it?

(It's OK to not answer if it is too personal of a question to answer, I was just curious that's all)

:)

WOW! That's one fantastic piece of memorabilia. John's signature has held well considered the length of time that has past. Your friend definitely took great care of that, which meant it was special to them. Just out of curiosity Knebby, what made them sell it?

(It's OK to not answer if it is too personal of a question to answer, I was just curious that's all)

:)

Hi there - she just lost her job when the company she worked for folded. It seemed a sensible time to sell them since she doesn't have them on display.

In answer to the earler question - the autograph was obtained on 4th March 1980 when Bonzo was interviewed in Tyne Tees TV studios in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, [by Billy Connolly], for the TV show "Alright Now". The interview can be seen on YouTube. Bonzo spent a lot of time with fans in the studio during taping and then when he was told there were fans outside who hadn't been able to get tickets,he went outside to speak to them all.

Hi there - she just lost her job when the company she worked for folded. It seemed a sensible time to sell them since she doesn't have them on display.

In answer to the earler question - the autograph was obtained on 4th March 1980 when Bonzo was interviewed in Tyne Tees TV studios in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, [by Billy Connolly], for the TV show "Alright Now". The interview can be seen on YouTube. Bonzo spent a lot of time with fans in the studio during taping and then when he was told there were fans outside who hadn't been able to get tickets,he went outside to speak to them all.

That's such a lovely gesture he did - going out to speak to fans who couldn't get into the show. What a great surprise and treat for them. Makes the item even more special :)

That's such a lovely gesture he did - going out to speak to fans who couldn't get into the show. What a great surprise and treat for them. Makes the item even more special :)

:yesnod:

Bonzo also looks great in those pictures!

Edited by Zanadu

Here's a couple of pics from the day - Sam also has another one in the timeline.

BonzoTyneTeesTV.jpg

BonzoTyneTeesTV2.jpg

BTW, it isn't a "friend" nudge nudge - this item DOES NOT belong to me.

Who's the dude getting his jacket signed? I swear I went to school with that guy! (I think we all did!) :lol:

Sorry about your friend's company folding.I would like to see an end to this recession soon as I have parted with a few items of significance to me. :(

I have an assload of Levi's but I'd trade them all for that pair... I wish that I could afford those Levi's.I hope your friend gets a decent price for them.

Maybe the Rock HOF will give her a pretty penny for them.Or is it just a donation thing?

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear that your friend lost their job. :( If must be hard for them to part with such a fantastic piece of memorabilia. I hope they get a fair amount for this item. I'll have a look out for this on Ebay.

It was great to have Bonzo go outside to meet the fans. I can only imagine the look on their faces when he showed up in front of them.

I hope she get's a decent price as well. I'm sure it will very tough for her to give the item up. Hope her work situation get's better too. Good luck with the sale :)

I'd be very interested in any feedback on an item that my friend is about to put up for sale on EBay. It's a pair of jeans signed in 1980 by John Bonham. Here's a couple of pics.

Bonzojeans001.jpg

Bonzojeans004.jpg

Obviously, they wouldn't really be wearable - they are a very small female-sized pair of Levi's, very worn and patched on the rear. They are a collector's item. There is ample evidence of their authenticity.

Any feedback at all would be nice - and anyone with a genuine interest or offer can be connected with the seller under the right circumstances.

Cheers.

Wow, Knebby! As a long time collector my feedback would be that those jeans are one hell of a piece to own. As you know, I own Bonzo's hat but I don't broadcast what I paid for it so if you wanna PM me, I can let you in on that. maybe that will give your friend an idea on how to price the jeans. Big difference being that the jeans weren't owned by Bonzo BUT my hat isn't signed so possibly an offsetting issue.

Rick Barrett would also be a fantastic resource as well. He may even make an offer. I can put you in touch if you or your friend would like. You may even know Rick.

I wish I were in better financial straits because if I were, those jeans would be in the air and on their way to the US! LOL

Make sure your friend sets a nice reserve price on Ebay.

In all honesty, I personally would suggest your friend keep the jeans regardless of their financial situation. That's temporary but these jeans are a once in a lifetime deal and they may regret selling them. I was put to the test about a year ago when I was laid off and never even considered selling the hat though I knew it would get me out of the hole but I couldn't part with it.

I actually chose bankruptcy, eviction and giving my car back instead of selling the hat. Am I a hardcore fan or what (or an idiot)? LOL

Just wondered if many people collected stuff? I collect Programs, Key rings, Badges, Cuff links and Bootlegs and other stuff. If so whats your prized possession as well?

My prized one is my Original 75 Earls Court Program that my Sister gave me that was my Late Brother-in-Laws.

How's it going "No1ZeppelinFan?" To be truthful with you, I own SO MANY ZEPPELIN memorabilia that I would not even know where to start. If you have heard of Rick Barrett who is the BIGGEST authority on LED ZEPPELIN memorabilia in the ENTIRE WORLD and who is also a good friend of mine and will be joining our family here on the ZEPPELIN Forum soon, ask him about ZeppFanForever and the memorabilia that he owns, he'll tell you how much ZEPPELIN memorabilia I own. ROCK ON!

Photographic books, magazines, music (I have the all the 70's music,)...Not all 80's or 90's...

interested in Yardbirds with Jimmy Page....(I love their music of the 60's)...

...as for signatures, No, ....I value personal feelings attached in the time-frame/circumstances given to me,

I also will keep all of these items for my kids...as a historic reference

:D :D :D

Edited by PlanetPage

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest acquisition: Led Zeppelin tour manager Phil Carlo's Tour Over Europe 1980 bag:

Here's one side of the bag:

Inbag9ac.JPG

Here's a close up of the tour logo on the bag:

Inbag9bag.JPG

Here's the reverse side of the bag:

Inbag8ac.JPG

Phil's initial's are in pen ink and have bled through onto the bag:

Inbag5ac.JPG

Considering what the bag has been through it has remained in good shape. There are stains on the bag but they do not detract from the piece.

Robert

• 7 months later...

Thank you Timothy for the kind words. Recently I was able to pick up an example of the Japanese promotional notepad for my ITTOD focus (sorry the images are a little blurry). It came packaged in a brown paper bag! ;)

notepad7c.JPG

notepad6c.JPG

notepad5c.JPG

I'm gearing up for my next major piece of Zeppelin history which should be arriving soon. I'm not sure if I'm going to post an image or images of it.

Robert

Edited by Sems Fir