What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

• 4 weeks later...

I saw Zappa Plays Zappa last night, they were simply amazing! From the opening instrumental of Black Napkins to Muffin Man the last song played (chosen over Willie the Pimp). Ray White, Dweezil and the band were very tight and were great, solos by everyone. Dweezil stayed after the show to sign autographs, I thought that was very nice of him.

I highly recommend you seeing them.

2 and a half hours of sheer musical bliss, great concert!

Edited by Rock N' Rollin' Man

I saw Zappa Plays Zappa last night, they were simply amazing! From the opening instrumental of Black Napkins to Muffin Man the last song played (chosen over Willie the Pimp). Ray White, Dweezil and the band were very tight and were great, solos by everyone. Dweezil stayed after the show to sign autographs, I thought that was very nice of him.

I highly recommend you seeing them.

2 and a half hours of sheer musical bliss, great concert!

That's great! I have heard really good things about them and I keep my eyes out for them to play near me.

That's great! I have heard really good things about them and I keep my eyes out for them to play near me.

You won't be disappointed if you see them.

They have a couple more dates in California then its off to Japan, Australia, then a good number of dates in Europe and they will be back in the U.S. in the summer touring with Dream Theater.

You won't be disappointed if you see them.

They have a couple more dates in California then its off to Japan, Australia, then a good number of dates in Europe and they will be back in the U.S. in the summer touring with Dream Theater.

Good to know they'll be back in the summer. I'll keep my eyes open for the dates!

• 4 weeks later...

Saw the Pogues at 9:30 Club on the 18th. Couldn't understand one single work spoken or sung. Shane MacGowan looked like he'd just rolled out of bed and needed help getting up the 5 steps to the stage.

I had a fabulous time!!! They do know how to put on a show!

Eric Sardinas, two nights ago.

It was just amazing, those guys really enjoyed playing! At first, Eric played his guitar and sang a bit without any amplification, just raw sound, so we all had to be very quiet so we could hear him. He also played a Robert Johnson tune without his band-mates and without any microphones (Hellhound on my trail) and that bit kicked ass.

The chemistry between the band is incredible, it was like I was watching a different incarnation of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, or even The Jimi Hendrix Experience.

The bass player (Levell Price) and the drummer (don't know his name) had their moments too. Levell must've had fingers made of wood or smth, he was just amazing, tearing that bass down.

Eric kept on telling us to enjoy and go crazy, cuz it was a party and there was no stage and no audience, just a room full of people. And the public seemed to listen to him...

And at the end of the show, he set his guitar on fire. That was probably my favorite moment :). His guitar must have been 'flamed up' many times before, judging from the way it looked. But after putting the fire out, he picked it up and started playing again. Too bad the show ended just then, I could've stayed there all night and watch him play.

I hope I'll see him again soon enough :D .

Edited by Xtazy

Eric Sardinas, two nights ago.

It was just amazing, those guys really enjoyed playing! At first, Eric played his guitar and sang a bit without any amplification, just raw sound, so we all had to be very quiet so we could hear him. He also played a Robert Johnson tune without his band-mates and without any microphones (Hellhound on my trail) and that bit kicked ass.

The chemistry between the band is incredible, it was like I was watching a different incarnation of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, or even The Jimi Hendrix Experience.

The bass player (Levell Price) and the drummer (don't know his name) had their moments too. Levell must've had fingers made of wood or smth, he was just amazing, tearing that bass down.

Eric kept on telling us to enjoy and go crazy, cuz it was a party and there was no stage and no audience, just a room full of people. And the public seemed to listen to him...

And at the end of the show, he set his guitar on fire. That was probably my favorite moment :). His guitar must have been 'flamed up' many times before, judging from the way it looked. But after putting the fire out, he picked it up and started playing again. Too bad the show ended just then, I could've stayed there all night and watch him play.

I hope I'll see him again soon enough :D .

He's a great guitar player! I saw him open for Steve Vai a few years ago. Truthfully I enjoyed him more than Vai :ph34r::D

He's a great guitar player! I saw him open for Steve Vai a few years ago. Truthfully I enjoyed him more than Vai :ph34r::D

He sure is. Too bad that most of his work is made after that standard blues template. He has some songs which are a bit different and I personally like them more than the others. His 'softer' songs are awesome!

He sure is. Too bad that most of his work is made after that standard blues template. He has some songs which are a bit different and I personally like them more than the others. His 'softer' songs are awesome!

Agreed. Did he have a band with him? When I saw him, he played alone which was really cool but wondering what he's like live with a full band behind him.

Agreed. Did he have a band with him? When I saw him, he played alone which was really cool but wondering what he's like live with a full band behind him.

Yeah, he did. And it was a great band too! Bernie Pershey on drums and Levell Price on bass.

And I've just found this videos on youtube (they've got a pretty decent quality):

I've got a couple to talk about,

on January 31st I saw one of my favourite bands, a local band called Josephine Collective.

It was their drummer's last show with them.

It was totally awesome, but the two opening acts, also really good local bands (Revolution 21 and Black Oxygen) took so much time, Josephine only had half an hour to play <_<

and then a couple weeks ago, on March 14th, I went to Taste of Chaos at the Beaumont Club in Kansas City.

That was totally amazing.

Six hours long.

First band - Renae. Some Chicago band that won some battle of the bands thing and got to play a couple shows on the tour. They were generally pretty good, but their guitarist had a really… odd… stage presence. He looked like he was jigging or something, and they were playing metal. He also did this creeper stare thing every so often. Awkward.

Second band - Cancer Bats. Hadn't really listened to them much before. Their name alone kinda puts me off, it's just a generally bad band name haha. They were pretty decent live though. Liam, their vocalist dropped his microphone on my face though, and I had no idea what that metal thing that hit my face was at first, ha so I grabbed it and then was like… oh shit. haha. So I threw it back at him.

Third band - Pierce the Veil. Hadn't listened to them at all, but they're a little too pop punk for me. Their guitars were awesome though, they were really bright colours - bright green, red, and orange. But the singer had a really girly voice, ha so he sounded silly when he was yelling into the microphone "When I ask you a question, you say FUCK YEAH!"

Fourth band - Four Year Strong. Hadn't ever listened to them, but I actually really liked them. THey had a great stage presence, were relaly fun to watch, and the music was great. [by the way, i was 2nd row, which was more like 1 1/8th row because of how close we were pushed together] I almost gave up on trying to keep a good spot during their performance though cuz some really large guy kept pushing me back, and it was kind of painful, but I did eventually get in front of him.

Fifth band - Bring Me the Horizon. They are my very favourite band. I thought I was going to have a heart attack, haha. I was really pissed at first because while we were waiting for them to get onstage, I kept getting pushed farther and farther back, and I was actually really scared I was gonna end up in the mosh pit, ahha. But as soon as they got onstage and started The Comedown I got shoved all the way to the freaking front row. :D It was totally insane. TOTALLY insane. I was kind of disappointed because BMTH only got to play 6 songs though :( (if you know bring me the horizon at all, they played chelsea smile, the comedown, pray for plagues, football season is over, diamonds aren't forever, and death breath). I got some really great pictures though :)

Sixth band - Thursday. I left the front for this one cuz I wanted to wash my face and stuff because I was insanely sweaty after four hours trying to stay standing in a fucking sea of people. I hate Thursday's recordings, but I was so surprised because they were completely amazing live. Like whoa haha. Pretty greatttt.

So yup. That's it lately. Here's a few BMTH pictures:

P3140098.jpg

P3140095.jpg

P3140071.jpg

P3140036.jpg

P3140014.jpg

Hello:

A week ago I made a spur of the moment decision to go and see the Canadian group GREAT BIG SEA...I thought it might be interesting to see and hear this well known East coast group. The group that opened for them was called SPIRIT OF THE WEST.

The music is folk/Celtic/foot stomping/hand clapping or whatever word is used to describe the genre.

To make a long story short....I sat through SOTW..one of their tunes was an ode to a friend who lost family members...it was too sad and didn't match the rest of the material..I heard 3 GBS tunes and got up and left...I guess I just wasn't in the mood for those kind of tunes and the wild respone it gets from the beer chugging crowd....They also had a flashy set and light show..including a curtain that fell to reveal a large picture of the cover of one of their CD's...

There sure was a big crowd..'cause alot of people love this group....

Juliet

I've just returned from a Led Zeppelin Tribute concert (at one of the Hard Rock Cafes), and the band was awsome. They rearranged most of the songs but they still sounded good, although I think it was a bit too soft and there was not too much guitar going on. But man, the harmonica player was incredible! And they didn't play Stairway... :)