What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

New Kids On The Block on Saturday night in Manchester... :slapface: .... It was my girlfriends birthday, so I had no choice!!! What did brighten the evening up for me was when Donnie Walhberg came out to sing 'Cover Girl' in a Led Zeppelin T-shirt!!! Hopefully that will save me some of my street cred!!!

I would go through serious withdrawal not seeing a live show for 12 years :o

I mainly listen to blues and folk nowadays folks and the truth of it is there are not too many current bands I'd cross the street to see.In my time though I have been to gigs by the likes of the Who,Rory Gallagher,The Sensational Alex Harvey Band,The Pirates,Dr.Feelgood,Patti Smith,the Cramps,Queen(when they were good),Status Quo(ditto),the Stranglers and Led Zeppelin.However if Blind Willie Johnson,Mississippi John Hurt,the Rev.Gary Davis or Blind Willie McTell ever come back over to the U.K. I'll really be up for it! ;)

I saw Robert Plant with, who else? in June, Radiohead in August, man was that show packed! Some Zep fans there too (saw a couple of shirts) .. and in March, it's off to Fleetwood Mac. I hope they play in the spirit of the 70s, you know, not some uptempo version, but good old rock style.

I mainly listen to blues and folk nowadays folks and the truth of it is there are not too many current bands I'd cross the street to see.In my time though I have been to gigs by the likes of the Who,Rory Gallagher,The Sensational Alex Harvey Band,The Pirates,Dr.Feelgood,Patti Smith,the Cramps,Queen(when they were good),Status Quo(ditto),the Stranglers and Led Zeppelin.However if Blind Willie Johnson,Mississippi John Hurt,the Rev.Gary Davis or Blind Willie McTell ever come back over to the U.K. I'll really be up for it! ;)

You've seen some great bands! The Cramps were great except I got caught in the mosh pit and being rather short, it was a bit scary :lol:

You've seen some great bands! The Cramps were great except I got caught in the mosh pit and being rather short, it was a bit scary :lol:

The Cramps show was one of the best I ever went to and I think that they are still a great band.I fell for them as soon as I heard the 'Gravest Hits' 12" EP.The album they were pushing when I saw them was 'A Date With Elvis' and I honestly think that if they hadn't fallen out with the I.R.S record company when they did,and with all the ensueing legal trouble that they had,then they would have been huge.They certainly should have been.

The Cramps show was one of the best I ever went to and I think that they are still a great band.I fell for them as soon as I heard the 'Gravest Hits' 12" EP.The album they were pushing when I saw them was 'A Date With Elvis' and I honestly think that if they hadn't fallen out with the I.R.S record company when they did,and with all the ensueing legal trouble that they had,then they would have been huge.They certainly should have been.

I don't remember what it was that happened between them and I.R.S. Records? I thought the show was great too and I liked them a lot. Minus the mosh pit :D

The Gourds

w/ Ramsay Midwood

Friday, January 23rd

Cat's Cradle

Carrboro, NC

Great turnout as well as a wonderful opening set from Ramsay who was joined onstage by all of the Gourds except for Kevin Russell.

Cat's Cradle is my favorite venue...it's had some great bands.

I went to my guitar teacher's concert last night, the band is called Adi Manolovici Syndicate (Adi Manolovici being my teacher :) ). They were freakin' awesome, as usual, and they played lots of Hendrix and Satriani tunes.

I don't remember what it was that happened between them and I.R.S. Records? I thought the show was great too and I liked them a lot. Minus the mosh pit :D

If I remember it right,there was a severe breakdown in the relationship between band and label.Basically the Cramps wanted to leave I.R.S. and the label didn't want to let them go.I think the band then refused to record any new material for the label,I.R.S then sued in court citing a breach of whateverthehellitwas and the band found itself in a hell of a financial mess.For about a year and a half the Cramps were virtually in limbo.Eventually I.R.S let them go,but part of the out of court settlement meant that neither band nor label were ever allowed to comment on what fully went on.I've got to say that I still love them and they are still the dirtiest,sleaziest rock and roll band on the planet. :P

If I remember it right,there was a severe breakdown in the relationship between band and label.Basically the Cramps wanted to leave I.R.S. and the label didn't want to let them go.I think the band then refused to record any new material for the label,I.R.S then sued in court citing a breach of whateverthehellitwas and the band found itself in a hell of a financial mess.For about a year and a half the Cramps were virtually in limbo.Eventually I.R.S let them go,but part of the out of court settlement meant that neither band nor label were ever allowed to comment on what fully went on.I've got to say that I still love them and they are still the dirtiest,sleaziest rock and roll band on the planet. :P

Somehow I missed that but thanks for the details!

Three Mile Pilot on January 19th at the Casbah in San Diego.

:flying:

"Reunion" gigs (though they never formally broke up... just stopped playing and recording for 10 years and splintered into Black Heart Procession and Pinback) - sold out 3 nights in a row. They're a true local legend. B)

Edited by Gegenschein

Metallica: Tuesday, January 13th, 2009

Missed the second day of day to see it, but damn was it fucking kickass B)

Did you know that you can buy a download of the concert that you were at from their web site?

My son has the one from the Columbus concert and it keeps the memories alive.

He played it for me and it was fantastic. :)

Jeff Beck last night.

First of all what a player and a a kick arse band backing him.

The sound and lighting were brilliant in a small venue.

He played all instrumental pieces covering his solo career, and that's the rub.

As good as his playing, the sound and tightness of the band were there was something missing, vocals.

I was hoping he would play some of the old stuff from the Yardbirds like Shapes of Things etc.

I now know who Eddie "borrowed" some of his tricks from!

It was a good gig but not great and I am grateful I finally got the opportunity to see and hear a true guitar legend in action.

If you get the chance go see him.

Jeff Beck last night.

First of all what a player and a a kick arse band backing him.

The sound and lighting were brilliant in a small venue.

He played all instrumental pieces covering his solo career, and that's the rub.

As good as his playing, the sound and tightness of the band were there was something missing, vocals.

I was hoping he would play some of the old stuff from the Yardbirds like Shapes of Things etc.

I now know who Eddie "borrowed" some of his tricks from!

It was a good gig but not great and I am grateful I finally got the opportunity to see and hear a true guitar legend in action.

If you get the chance go see him.

Great! I saw him a few years ago in a small club and he was amazing then too. He was promoting his then released album so did a bit more from that but he delved into the archives quite a bit too :D I'm hoping he will take this tour stateside so I can see him again.