What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Hello:

I did not attend a concert but I tried to watch a Mariah Carrey concert being broadcast on Much More Music last eve...

I heard some tunes but then I switched to another station..I switched back to her concert and heard VISON OF LOVE..there appeared to be something wrong with her ear piece..I remember hearing her sing this soon after it was released. She had an edge then that is somewhat still there...I also heard HERO and WE BELONG TOGETHER...

Juliet :coffee:

Went and saw Classic Albums Live: Led Zep - Physical Graffiti this past Sat. night and it was very good. They had up to 9 musicians playing at any given time, but they recreated the songs perfectly (even fading them out, when required). Four guitartists were used for Ten Years Gone. Then they did encores after: Moby Dick, How Many More Times, The Lemon Song, Communication Breakdown, Rock and Roll, and Whole Lotta Love. Very nice.

Samantha Crain and the Midnight Shivers

CD Release of Songs of the Night

Saturday, April 18th

Record Store Day

Schoolkids Records

Raleigh, NC

7th Annual Shakori Hills

Grassroots Festival

Silk Hope, NC

SATURDAY, APRIL 18TH

The New Familiars

Grove Stage

The Horse Flies

Meadow Stage

Donna the Buffalo

Meadow Stage

SUNDAY, APRIL 19TH

Grassroots Songwriters Circle

Grove Stage

Shannon Whitworth

Meadow Stage

Preston Frank

Dance Tent

Ralph Stanley

Meadow Stage

Glad I finally made it out to Shakori Hills. I've been meaning to go for quite some time now but for various reasons have never made it. It was such wonderful weather here Saturday and now that I'm closer to that location there was no way to turn it down. It happens twice a year (Spring and Fall) and started as an off shoot of the original Grassroots Festival that is put on by Donna the Buffalo in upstate New York.

Shakori Hills Grassroots Festival of Music & Dance

Edited by Jahfin

• 2 weeks later...

Both of these were part of Slim's 10th anniversary celebration.

The ViBeKiLLeRs

Friday, April 24th

Slim's Downtown Distillery

Raleigh, NC

The Yayhoos

Saturday, April 25th

Slim's Downtown Distillery

Raleigh, NC

Tim Easton

Tuesday, May 12th

Berkeley Cafe

Raleigh, NC

Great show last night with Tim backed by a full band (including Alex Livingstone on bass from Grand Champeen). This was my first time seeing him with a band so it was quite the different live experience. We still got some some acoustic numbers from him with and without the band, including an encore done from down in the audience.

:beer: MIKE SANCHEZ AND THE PORTIONS ,

at the Robin club last night. Usual high energy performance from Mike and the band, who will be touring Germany and Switzerland next week.

Any of our members who are in those localities could do a lot worse than go along and see how early rock n roll should be done :wave:

:beer: MIKE SANCHEZ AND THE PORTIONS ,

at the Robin club last night. Usual high energy performance from Mike and the band, who will be touring Germany and Switzerland next week.

Any of our members who are in those localities could do a lot worse than go along and see how early rock n roll should be done :wave:

:thumbsup:

Don Dixon solo and Mitch Easter's four piece combo followed by the duo Jews & Catholics at the Garage in Winston-Salem. All of this was proceeded by a discussion of the recording of R.E.M.'s Mumur by co-producers Don Dixon and Mitch Easter moderated by Parke Puterbaugh from Rolling Stone.

Busy night last night but unfortunately I only caught the last 7 or 8 songs of the Gourds' set due to night classes. A little Gourds is better than no Gourds at all.

The Gourds

Thursday, May 28th

The Berkeley Cafe

Raleigh, NC

The Names

Thursday, May 28th

Tir Na Nog

Raleigh, NC

Bloodkin

Thursday, May 28th

The Pour House Music Hall

Raleigh, NC

Edited by Jahfin

Busy night last night but unfortunately I only caught the last 7 or 8 songs of the Gourds' set due to night classes. A little Gourds is better than no Gourds at all.

The Gourds

Thursday, May 28th

The Berkeley Cafe

Raleigh, NC

The Names

Thursday, May 28th

Tir Na Nog

Raleigh, NC

Bloodkin

Thursday, May 28th

The Pour House Music Hall

Raleigh, NC

Looks like you have a great local music scene there in the Triangle!

Looks like you have a great local music scene there in the Triangle!

Yes, we do. Believe it or not, those three shows just barely scratch the surface. The National were also playing in town last night as well as Bonnie "Prince" Billy who was in Carrboro. I feel fortunate that there's usually no shortage of music to hear. I just hate it when there's so much going on at one time that it makes it impossible to catch it all. Thankfully that only seems to happen once in a great while.

Yes, we do. Believe it or not, those three shows just barely scratch the surface. The National were also playing in town last night as well as Bonnie "Prince" Billy who was in Carrboro. I feel fortunate that there's usually no shortage of music to hear. I just hate it when there's so much going on at one time that it makes it impossible to catch it all. Thankfully that only seems to happen once in a great while.

I couldn't imagine living in an area that didn't have a strong music scene as far as opportunities to see stuff. Does the area have a good local scene with bands from there?

I couldn't imagine living in an area that didn't have a strong music scene as far as opportunities to see stuff. Does the area have a good local scene with bands from there?

Humph. :angry: Also poop. :angry: Sometimes you gotta live in these places if you need a job. And it makes me totally INSANE. :wacko:

I think so. The music scene here actually goes back quite a ways which you can read about on this blog. Growing up and living most of my life in more rural areas of the state I didn't always have access to so much great live local music so I feel very fortunate to be in the Triangle area (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) these days. Previously I always found myself having to travel a pretty fair distance to hear music whether it be a local artist, national touring acts or up and coming artists. Now, I'm right in the center of it.