NO LED ZEPPELIN REUNION PLANNED

solar

After reading a bit, go tell that to this Electrophile. She just wants to fight.

Jaws,

There are some people here such as the one in question, who delight in attacking newbies for the slightest misstep. I wouldn't give too much worry to a twenty something college graduate working part time at a retail store and still living with mommy and daddy.

I hope you find that information useful. Call it a gift.

I'm Del Zeppnile. Head Bull-Goose Loony, Thunderchief and American Superhero.

Welcome to my nightmare!

B)

Lake, There is an element on this forum that seems to think that every newbie is someone young. You seem to be amoung the misinformed. I doubt you were even of age to see Zeppelin let alone inform us about who we should listen to. Nice try but, it don't wash with me. Keep your little social group going though. I've got mine too

I'm 49... and in 1975 would've happily given my boyfriend's left nut to see Zep. Luckily for said boyfriend, it was to no avail.

I don't assume every newbie is young. I don't assume every person new to computers and the internet is new to Zep, and vice versa. I don't think I go around telling y'all (however you define the 'us' you refer to) who they should listen to. I sometimes share my opinion of a band, or an album, or whatever. Perhaps you are the one who is misinformed.

My little social group? You have no idea who/what my little social group is.

For those who chastise me or others for the tiresome comments of old-time posters long ago, etc... my comments along that line have been in response to statements or insinuations that some poster has a poor post count, their 'unimpressive posting history', etc. By itself, all that means nothing... folks new to the site and/or the band may be great folks with insight and fresh perspective, etc. and some 'old-timers' are and were assholes. I see nothing wrong with stating that someone's comment about another's history is based upon limited information or that *gasp* I disagree with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ally, you, medbh, and some others have made several posts beseeching us all to make nice, move on, give peace a chance, etc. etc. Unfortunately, the way y'all seem to think that should be done is to not challenge assertions made by SAJ if we think he is incorrect or mistaken, don't defend ourselves against his unkind remarks, that we should accept as fact his assertion that his credibility is sacrosanct, that he can refer to his long-time posting, reading, lurking, whatever as evidence of his sterling credibility, but we shouldn't make any reference to anything anyone said, did, archived, wrote, or dreamt before November 2007. Perhaps y'all should've just told us to pass the vaseline... it would've saved time and keystrokes.

This place used to be fun... and I was looking forward to having a little bit more time to peruse the forum, etc. ... but what's the point.

You, medbh, and whoever can congratulate yourselves on your peacekeeping skills and your stalwart defense of all things SAJ. That probably is the smart thing to do... he does seem to think it's his forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was busy making up a new hitlist of folks he wants banned. I'm sure I'll be on it unless I'm too far beneath his notice, but y'all will get a few kudos.

Congratulations... y'all have done a very good job.

~~~~~~~~~~

Solar, I apologize for derailing your thread even further. I have this odd notion that I can, and sometimes should, respond to posts directed to or at me, even if it means i"m just furthering the derailment.

Good luck with it.

Jaws,

There are some people here such as the one in question, who delight in attacking newbies for the slightest misstep. I wouldn't give too much worry to a twenty something college graduate working part time at a retail store and still living with mommy and daddy.

Welcome to my nightmare!

B)

How about twenty something university UNDERgraduate who lives with mommy and daddy?

Eh?

Jaws,

Welcome to my nightmare!

B)

Yes you are a nightmare Del, and a hypocrite too :D

I seem to remember when I was a newbie, and I made a comment about America giving up its guns, you fucking unleashed fire and brimestone upon me right from the start, because you didn't like my opinion. And that's why we've never ever gotten along and why I've never treated you with any respect. You are incredibly guilty of "attacking newbies for the slightest misstep."

But of course if Electrophile says something she's a "twenty something college graduate working part time at a retail store and still living with mommy and daddy."

But if you do it, oh no, man, it's like the holiest of holy shits if you open your mouth, and what are you again? One of the saviours of Judaism or one of the chosen people or something? And God knows I think you honestly believe you are...I think you honestly believe that all of us mere mortals can only benefit when you open your mouth and unleash that pungent staleness that you call your opinion.

I've never seen Electrophile attack a newbie for the 'slightest misstep', I have, however, seen her very quickly cut right through the bullshit of certain members on this board who have a tendency to speak shit and classify it as fact, and who have a tendency to suffocate us with their over-inflated ego and opinions.

I've seen her cut through that crap loads of time.

And the trouble is when egos and opinions are over-inflated, it's very easy for other people to burst them, so I understand why you're pissed Del :)

How about twenty something university UNDERgraduate who lives with mommy and daddy?

Eh?

But you are still IN SCHOOL Kat. I don't expect that after you are finished with school that you will be hanging around with the folks forever.

Besides, you are a hottie so I would cut you some slack regardless of your situation.

The other one is just big pain in my ass.

:D

But you are still IN SCHOOL Kat. I don't expect that after you are finished with school that you will be hanging around with the folks forever.

Besides, you are a hottie so I would cut you some slack regardless of your situation.

Oh God, excuse me while I vomit...

I wouldn't advise you hitting on girls that were born when you were in your 30's Del... It makes you look like a pervert

Ally, you, medbh, and some others have made several posts beseeching us all to make nice, move on, give peace a chance, etc. etc. Unfortunately, the way y'all seem to think that should be done is to not challenge assertions made by SAJ if we think he is incorrect or mistaken, don't defend ourselves against his unkind remarks, that we should accept as fact his assertion that his credibility is sacrosanct, that he can refer to his long-time posting, reading, lurking, whatever as evidence of his sterling credibility, but we shouldn't make any reference to anything anyone said, did, archived, wrote, or dreamt before November 2007. Perhaps y'all should've just told us to pass the vaseline... it would've saved time and keystrokes.

This place used to be fun... and I was looking forward to having a little bit more time to peruse the forum, etc. ... but what's the point.

You, medbh, and whoever can congratulate yourselves on your peacekeeping skills and your stalwart defense of all things SAJ. That probably is the smart thing to do... he does seem to think it's his forum, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was busy making up a new hitlist of folks he wants banned. I'm sure I'll be on it unless I'm too far beneath his notice, but y'all will get a few kudos.

~~~~~~~~~~

Solar, I apologize for derailing your thread even further. I have this odd notion that I can, and sometimes should, respond to posts directed to or at me, even if it means i"m just furthering the derailment.

Good luck with it.

Brilliant Lakey. You are one of the sweetest and most level-headed posters here and you have a real way with words. Thanks. :cheers:

Yes you are a nightmare Del, and a hypocrite too :D

Hey look everybody! Gainsbarre is calling down the thunder.

:lol:

I seem to remember when I was a newbie, and I made a comment about America giving up its guns, you fucking unleashed fire and brimestone upon me right from the start, because you didn't like my opinion. And that's why we've never ever gotten along and why I've never treated you with any respect. You are incredibly guilty of "attacking newbies for the slightest misstep."

Let's make a clear distinction here Gainsbarre; I do not hang out in the newbie threads waiting to pounce on poor unsuspecting noobs for aksing redundant questions or seemingly misinformed comments on Led Zeppelin as your friend Lizzy does (a well documented fact). The whole reason for the newbie threads are for the very reason that some new fans, or new to the forum, just might not be as up to speed as the rest of us ON THE TOPIC OF ZEPPELIN. So why some people (like your buddy) choose to bully them there, only sheds some light on her.

Your complaint that I unleashed on you was because you made a comment in a political thread (not in the newbie threads) on a subject that people were debating. Had nothing to do with Led Zeppelin, and you obviously should have known full well that your comments; which BTW were slanted and overtly anti-American in their tone, would be cause for a likewise response. You called down the thunder and I jumped on you with both feet as you had it coming. But not because you were a newbie, and not over something like, "what does Stairway say backwards?"

A little honesty would go a long way if you ever tried it Gainsbarre. And playing the victim all the time certainly is getting old around here.

But of course if Electrophile says something she's a "twenty something college graduate working part time at a retail store and still living with mommy and daddy."

A newbie with less than 24 posts made a comment and observation that Lizzy was being rude to him/her as is in my opinion her typical modus operandi. I only affirmed the observation by the newbie as I have seen her do the same to others in the past. The info I gave to the newbie was a gift as I said. Hopefully so that the noob at least knows what they are up against with Lizzy, and hopefully so that the noob also knows that there are others here who are watching and willing to come to their defense. Real fans, older folks who have actually seen Led Zeppelin (prior to 1979) and who actually aren't threatened by their sometimes misinformed or redundant questions. Veteranos as they say in the barrio.

But if you do it, oh no, man, it's like the holiest of holy shits if you open your mouth, and what are you again? One of the saviours of Judaism or one of the chosen people or something? And God knows I think you honestly believe you are...I think you honestly believe that all of us mere mortals can only benefit when you open your mouth and unleash that pungent staleness that you call your opinion.

I've never seen Electrophile attack a newbie for the 'slightest misstep', I have, however, seen her very quickly cut right through the bullshit of certain members on this board who have a tendency to speak shit and classify it as fact, and who have a tendency to suffocate us with their over-inflated ego and opinions.

I've seen her cut through that crap loads of time.

You are entitled to your perspective; however, you have not been around here as long as I and others have either. My battle with Lizzy began on the old board when I objected to her posting of a photo of a retarded child in which she used it to make fun of someone else. A very biggoted and cruel photo it was. And when she was asked by me and several other 'old guard' members here (from a wide range of political and spritual points of view), to remove the photo... Lizzy became indignant and instead went to the mods playing the victim. These are the facts and they are not disputed. So come to her defense if you must, that is your right. But I am not making this stuff up, and obviously the newbie who just complained about her isn't making it up either.

And the trouble is when egos and opinions are over-inflated, it's very easy for other people to burst them, so I understand why you're pissed Del :)

If you want to come after me Gainsbarre, you don't need the excuse of defending Lizzy buddy boy. Your problem here is that you have continued to piss off the wrong people.... on both sides of the battle lines.

Real fans, older folks who have actually seen Led Zeppelin (prior to 1979)

Hey redneck! Why does it have to be prior to 1979 to make you a real fan? Knebworth and Over Europe don't count?

Fucking Americans. :rolleyes:

:P

Brilliant Lakey. You are one of the sweetest and most level-headed posters here and you have a real way with words. Thanks. :cheers:

Yes Knebby, but I prefer to think of Lakey as "sweet and sour" but in a good way.

Besides, she has bestowed many 'an award' on this Superhero over the years. So many in fact that I should probably be in the Guiness World Record Book for 'most asshat awards' in a rock and roll forum.

Now where is Evster's shotgun because I've got this other little problem I need to deal with one of those pesky dissenters.

:lol:

Hey redneck! Why does it have to be prior to 1979 to make you a real fan? Knebworth and Over Europe don't count?

Fucking Americans. :rolleyes:

I believe Zep had more concerts in the US than Britian if I'm not mistaken.

And I don't think it was because they were kidnapped by George Bush.

English tart

:wub:

If you want to come after me Gainsbarre, you don't need the excuse of defending Lizzy buddy boy. Your problem here is that you have continued to piss off the wrong people.... on both sides of the battle lines.

I continue to piss off the wrong people, do I?

So who are the right people?

Beautiful Solar. Great post.

As were yours Ev - and keep on posting because I'm among many who want to keep reading your words. B)

Much appreciated, Knebby. There are a lot of excellent off-topic posts here, so....

It's now June 30, 2008 and no announcement of plans for a reunion/concert/tour. B)

You know, I would rather come to this forum and find a new 'rumor' every day than see a post saying ' nope, still no announcement today'. The rumors are usually interesting and they help to keep the dream alive. 'Still no announcement today' is just a depressing waste of time. Although it does seem to bring out the 'best' in people.

I remember a post some time ago about some 'secret' band meeting that had supposedly taken place. When I asked how the poster knew that, did I get a response saying 'Oh, a friend of mine knows someone' or 'Oh, she has a great track record and is usually right, and you can trust her, ' or something similar to give the poster some credibility? No, the response I got was 'Who the hell are you to question her report? How dare you question her! She doesn't need to give proof to you! She doesn't need to dignify that with a response". Totally hostile response to give a newb like me. But that seems quite common around here.

I for one don't think it matters if you have seen them at all, let alone prior to 1979. A Zeppelin fan is a Zeppelin fan, regardless of whether they have seen them live or not.

It also doesn't matter if your 2 or 92 - if you love Zeppelin that is all that should matter (as I had already mentioned in my post a few pages back...)

:beer:

I'm 49... and in 1975 would've happily given my boyfriend's left nut to see Zep. Luckily for said boyfriend, it was to no avail.

I don't assume every newbie is young. I don't assume every person new to computers and the internet is new to Zep, and vice versa. I don't think I go around telling y'all (however you define the 'us' you refer to) who they should listen to. I sometimes share my opinion of a band, or an album, or whatever. Perhaps you are the one who is misinformed.

My little social group? You have no idea who/what my little social group is.

For those who chastise me or others for the tiresome comments of old-time posters long ago, etc... my comments along that line have been in response to statements or insinuations that some poster has a poor post count, their 'unimpressive posting history', etc. By itself, all that means nothing... folks new to the site and/or the band may be great folks with insight and fresh perspective, etc. and some 'old-timers' are and were assholes. I see nothing wrong with stating that someone's comment about another's history is based upon limited information or that *gasp* I disagree with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck with it.

Lake, how many times do you think it is necessary to tell us that you have a problem with Steve ? You do not simply disagree. You attack. Do you think that everyone on this forum is stupid ? Do you really think that anyone here thinks that any of our resident contributors are "Gods" ? You insult us all when you feel that you have to set the record straight. I will say that you are not alone with this need to educate everyone about all things Steve. There are a number of people here that I don't like but I don't feel the need to educate others because of it. I also don't jump into a thread just to have a go at them. I think that you'll find that I will defend anybody when the level of hate get's out of hand. That is not something that is extended only to Steve.

I really don't know what to say in regards to your comments about Medhb and myself trying to hand out a little peace offering. I guess as alway's with these bloodlettings we all too often find ourselves disagreeing with people we really do care about. It is not a good feeling when this happens. My friendships on this site cover a wide range of people so from time to time there is going to be disagreement but when the level get's out of hand then I think most mature adults want to put an end to the hostilities.

Sorry if you aren't enjoying the site much. If I've contributed to that then..........

Archived