Jimmy Page awarded honorary doctorate

The Pagemeister

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page awarded honorary doctorate

jimmypage_75dpi.jpg

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Surrey.

Page was made a Doctor of the University for services to the music industry.

The ceremony took place at Guildford Cathedral on June 20.

Page was awarded an OBE in 2005 for his charity work with the children of Brazil's slums, and was also made an honorary citizen of Rio De Janeiro.

Paging Dr. Page! Doctorate of what, Riffology? Has he discovered the lost chord? God, I never thought I'd see the day he'd go from wearing Saturn's rings wrapped around his ass to wearing a University cap and gown. There's nothing left for him to do now... except go on tour with his mates, one last time.

Paging Dr. Page! Doctorate of what, Riffology? Has he discovered the lost chord? God, I never thought I'd see the day he'd go from wearing Saturn's rings wrapped around his ass to wearing a University cap and gown. There's nothing left for him to do now... except go on tour with his mates, one last time.

:lol:

No - Doctorate in Kick Ass Riffology...

jimmypage_75dpi.jpg

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the University of Surrey.

Page was awarded an OBE in 2005 for his charity work with the children of Brazil's slums, and was also made an honorary citizen of Rio De Janeiro.

thats wonderful. any other pics around?

Oh my! That is so wonderful. I kind of wish he'd do something crazy too. It's so fun to see him in that robe. Reminds a little of A Man for All Seasons. Congratulations Jimmy! You've long deserved this!

Edited by aen27

Thanks for the photos.

Ever since reading this news, I've had Little Feat's "Rock and Roll Doctor" playing in my head. "If you wanna feel real nice, just ask the Rock and Roll doctor's advice."

"Two degrees in be-bop, a PHD in swing

He's the master of rhythm he's a rock and roll king"

jimmypage_75dpi.jpg

WOW! :o