TGIF

Dancin'Days

For me, the tetanus shot hurts like crap and makes the injection site swell up like a goose egg, with muscle soreness and swelling lasting for several days. (However, tetanus would be worse!) If you can't remember, you really might want to get a booster just in case.

Why? could something bad happen? :blink:

Yes.

Unlike many infectious diseases, recovery from naturally acquired tetanus does not usually result in immunity to tetanus. This is due to the extreme potency of the tetanospasmin toxin; even a lethal dose of tetanospasmin is insufficient to provoke an immune response.

Tetanus can be prevented by vaccination with tetanus toxoid. The CDC recommends that adults receive a booster vaccine every ten years, and standard care practice in many places is to give the booster to any patient with a puncture wound who is uncertain of when he or she was last vaccinated, or if he or she has had fewer than 3 lifetime doses of the vaccine. The booster cannot prevent a potentially fatal case of tetanus from the current wound, however, as it can take up to two weeks for tetanus antibodies to form. In children under the age of seven, the tetanus vaccine is often administered as a combined vaccine, DPT/DTaP vaccine, which also includes vaccines against diphtheria and pertussis. For adults and children over seven, the Td vaccine (tetanus and diphtheria) or Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis) is commonly used.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus

Yes. It could.

As the toxin spreads, it can be deadly. It can cause problems with your blood pressure and heart rate. It can cause severe and painful muscle spasms in your neck, arms, legs, and belly. If spasms continue and get worse, they can break bones, including the spine.

Yes. It could.

As the toxin spreads, it can be deadly. It can cause problems with your blood pressure and heart rate. It can cause severe and painful muscle spasms in your neck, arms, legs, and belly. If spasms continue and get worse, they can break bones, including the spine.

:o :o

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend will be pretty laid back: tomorrow I'm going out for lunch, catching a matinee then going shopping. I was originally gonna go to a ball game but not anymore because it's supposed to be 100 degrees out. :o Sunday I'll probably just stay home. 4th of July weekend is what I'm really looking forward to because I'll be spending the entire weekend at the beach! Hell yeah. :D

Do you go out and party, stay home and party or is it quality couch and T.V. time? :drunk::beer:

Now, most of the time I enjoy staying home. Growing up in New Orleans thru the 70's and 80's were enough..it was a fun time back then before gangs took over. The town was built on a reputation to party, and we did...literally 6 nights a week. So now I never feel like I am missing anything when I stay home.I still enjoy a great concert, but it has to be someone I really want to see again. I have everything I need at home and value to quiet time:-)

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone! Right now, its another one of our daily potlucks! And not just our unit potluck either, its a first annual whole section potluck! This is one big party buffet! I might go out dancing tonight depending on how the day progresses today. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER everyone!

The clock on the wall click 5:00.

Somewhere in the back of my brain a whistle is going off.

YABA-DABA-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I slide down the dinosaur tail and into my little red go mobile.

I'll have a beer and grinder sandwich when I get home and hopefully watch the Angels beat the Yankees.

I'm home with my youngest 2 kids; in my fuzzy slippers, fighting off a cold. My oldest is at her HS Homecoming football game and hubby is refereeing another game. Too cold for me; I am all out of sick leave for the rest of the year :freezing:

Well, the wife and her girlfriend are away to Vegas. My son's are both working and what is Ally doing tonight ...... looking after the dog :slapface::lol:

Wow, you really are in the dog house man! So did she come back yet? I always heard... What happens in Vegas....

Just kidding there guy. :D

Archived