Red Or White?

Jimmy's A Legend

As long as it comes in a plastic bladder packaged inside of a box that you can fashion into an easy-pour spicket, its fine by me!

lmao, stupid americans.

We call it 'goon' where I come from. A great trick we have is to peg it onto a rotating clothes-line, you spin it and whoever it stops on has to drink. Great game, it's called goon-of-fortune.

goonbag2.jpg

Red, Burgundy.

The only white I can stand is Champagne B)

Champagne made with white Chardonnay OR red Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes, usually combination of all three of them, but could made only a one grape variety.

So that´s why Champagne is only "white" wine you´d like :D

Red´s good and white too, it depends.

Champagne made with white Chardonnay OR red Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier grapes, usually combination of all three of them, but could made only a one grape variety.

So that´s why Champagne is only "white" wine you´d like :D

Well that's exactly right because most cuvées are, as you said, are a blend of grape varieties. Which is why I like champagne because, being a Burgundy drinker, I prefer the pinot noir element to counter the sweetness of the chardonnay. I can handle a refined Blanc de blancs, but it has to be rather elegant for me to get away from the full bodied chardonnay.

Well that's exactly right because most cuvées are, as you said, are a blend of grape varieties. Which is why I like champagne because, being a Burgundy drinker, I prefer the pinot noir element to counter the sweetness of the chardonnay. I can handle a refined Blanc de blancs, but it has to be rather elegant for me to get away from the full bodied chardonnay.

I love you for putting the accent mark on cuvées. </end French major geek-out>

I'm enjoying a lovely petit shirah even as we speak (or type as it were). I love red, especially Italians. I'm not fond of chardonnay, but love a crisp sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio.

And, of course, champagne...

I love wine.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived