Blow Up

well i rented blow up yesterday, and most of it came back to me. i really had forgotten about this movie. i gotta say, i dont think much of the acting. seeing jimmy was my favourite part! ( no surprise ), but my, my david hemmings was a fine looking young guy, wasn't he? very enigmatic, and lovely eyes. i thought the idea of the story was good, but could have been done better, imo. i thought the ending was quite rediculous.

:lol:

I do too, personally (that isn't actually a great picture of him), but I suppose I can see some points of comparison with the younger version.

Aqua, Did you watch the movie, Alice's Restaurant! Mmmph what about Hair!

Performance fan.

Edited by Cecil.

Aqua, Did you watch the movie, Alice's Restaurant! Mmmph what about Hair!

Performance fan.

I did indeed watch the movie, I loved both the movie and the song. Well, I'm an Arlo fan I guess. :) And a Performance fan. Do you mean did I see the movie of Hair (is there one?) because I didn't, though I did see the show in the West End in about 1970, not keen.

I did indeed watch the movie, I loved both the movie and the song. Well, I'm an Arlo fan I guess. :) And a Performance fan. Do you mean did I see the movie of Hair (is there one?) because I didn't, though I did see the show in the West End in about 1970, not keen.
Blow up & Performance had a story and a good director, Alice's Restaurant well bit of

a curate's egg....I think Hair the film is worth a look. You know who blame if not.. :D

Blow up & Performance had a story and a good director, Alice's Restaurant well bit of

a curate's egg....I think Hair the film is worth a look. You know who blame if not.. :D

I loved the movie Hair! I've never seen a stage version though I know it's been done. I also love Arlo Guthrie (and Woody) and Alice's Restaurant was a staple song growing up :D

It's fun to watch, and a pretty decent movie (if perhaps not one of Antonioni's best). Jeff Beck hates it, and still thinks the director was pretentious and boring. Antonioni asked them to copy The Who's antics on stage, which is why the movie has Jeff smashing that cheap ass guitar in it. The Yardies normally never did that, and Jeff probably would rather smash guitars in a rage - just in front of his band mates..... because that's exactly what he did a few weeks later, on tour in the U.S.

yeah, the who's managers kit lambert and chris stamp were involved early on and that spot was to have been the who but they passed on it....

Yeah, Alice's Restaurant wasn't a great film like the others, but it was a lot of fun, even if all over the place! I'll take a look at Hair if it comes my way, though I must admit everything about the stage show (which came before the film, in fact) grated on me. Maybe the movie was better and if not, I will indeed know who to blame. . . :D

Edited by Aquamarine

• 4 weeks later...

Back in the pre-video days and the internet era you had to wait your ass to see this film. This movie was rarely show on television then. It must have been around 1975 and I had wait until 3:00 a.m. to catch the Yardbirds scene. That wasn't quite as bad as sleeping out overnight to cop Zeppelin tickets. Cool footage of them but all too brief.

Ordered Blow Up the film with David Hemmings and the Yardbirds in. Seen loads of clips over the years but never watched the film. I do know it has some great shots of Pagey, Anyone seen it? Is the actual film any good? Doesn't matter if not really, Lets face it. Jimmy's in it ! :D Oh BTW, Only £5 Post free from Play.com :)

The film is pretty well known and is great time piece for the scene in England. It received two Academy Award nominations for best director and screenplay. I think it's a great movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060176/awards

• 3 years later...

I saw a sealed copy (album) of the Blow-Up soundtrack at the record store today for $15.00

Anybody know how rare this is? I'm sure it's easy to find, yet I'd never ran across it untill today. I read the back cover- music was conducted/performed by Herbie Handcock with the last song credited to The Yardbirds.

I saw a sealed copy (album) of the Blow-Up soundtrack at the record store today for $15.00

Anybody know how rare this is? I'm sure it's easy to find, yet I'd never ran across it untill today. I read the back cover- music was conducted/performed by Herbie Handcock with the last song credited to The Yardbirds.

Not heard of it before, that might be a bit of a find? Edited by Cecil.

So , I'm assuming is not all that "rare" then. Yeah, maybe I'll pass on it. Not worth the money for one song...Thanks for the info fellas.

Are you fucking nuts? You're not just getting "one song"..you're also getting one of the great soundtracks of the 60s featuring a talented group of musicians: Herbie Hancock, Freddie Hubbard, Joe Henderson, Jim Hall, Ron Carter, Jack DeJohnette, and others.

$15 is a bargain.

Are you fucking nuts? You're not just getting "one song"..you're also getting one of the great soundtracks of the 60s featuring a talented group of musicians: Herbie Hancock, Freddie Hubbard, Joe Henderson, Jim Hall, Ron Carter, Jack DeJohnette, and others.

$15 is a bargain.

C'mon now Strider, I'm not nuts! Calm down.... Honestly, Im not interested in the other artist (even if you may be). Sorry. Other than having it as a collectors item for the Yardbirds stuff, I can probably find the music online-If Im that determined to ever hear it. I'm on a tight budget at the moment. Soon, that money will be used for baby diapers, so I can't be selfish. Now if someone was to tell me this record is very hard to find/rare and is worth a bunch more than it's selling for-I may reconsider, but that doesn't sound like the case.

Edited by Rock Historian