Not Going to Say

kiss of fire

As was pointed out earlier, he's worried about what HE thinks, not wanting to feel like a parody of his earlier self, not what other people think about him. I think that's clear from the quotation.

Also, coming back to the age thing, although I agree it's all about the music, some people DO expect the band to be who they were forty years ago. Look at all the shock/horror posts about Jimmy with grey hair, for instance. Or those who think Robert shouldn't sing Zeppelin songs because he doesn't have that upper register any more and thus can't sing them exactly as he did then. Or JPJ--actually, I can't think of a JPJ example. :lol:

Shock that JPJ doesn't wear that jacket with the hearts and things hanging off it <_< Okay I can't think of one either :lol:

As was pointed out earlier, he's worried about what HE thinks, not wanting to feel like a parody of his earlier self, not what other people think about him. I think that's clear from the quotation.

Also, coming back to the age thing, although I agree it's all about the music, some people DO expect the band to be who they were forty years ago. Look at all the shock/horror posts about Jimmy with grey hair, for instance. Or those who think Robert shouldn't sing Zeppelin songs because he doesn't have that upper register any more and thus can't sing them exactly as he did then. Or JPJ--actually, I can't think of a JPJ example. :lol:

I thought about what you said last night and it does make a lot of sense.

I think that Robert, Jimmy, JPJ and Jason could bring Led Zeppelin to the present and it would be awesome....and screeeeeeeeeeeeeew what some people think or say.

I was one of those who defended Robert's voice. I think Robert still has a beautiful voice. Too much is put on how he can't hit the high notes anymore. :rolleyes: He can still send chills down my spine and I know he has plenty of fans of all ages who agree.

I love Jimmy's silver hair. I love every inch of him. :wub:

I think there is a lot of talent in all of them.

For me it's not about 40 years ago. To me, I'd like to see what they could do today and I think it could be amazing! It doesn't have to remain in the past.

I don't think I am the only one who can see this.

I hope that Robert can see it one day too and will stop thinking that he will parody himself by doing so.

I can understand his reluctance to stay in the past but it doesn't have to stay there.

It was good then and it can still progress to the present.

I'm probably not making much sense. I haven't been up long and have not had much caffeine yet and I am waiting for Metallica tickets to go on sale.

I hope that some of what I am saying is making sense.

Nevertheless, I have seen performers go through midlife crises during their sixties. When it happens, it is very real, and it factors in to every aspect of life. Even so, he is wonderful and naturally concerned about quality, as before.

Have you talked to him recently? I have. He sounds (and looks) fine to me. Blissfully unaware (I hope) that his fans are psychoanalyzing him on message boards.

Have you talked to him recently? I have. He sounds (and looks) fine to me. Blissfully unaware (I hope) that his fans are psychoanalyzing him on message boards.

Good for him. I don't need to talk to him. He would know if I were talking to him. I don't talk to men who I have to think this hard about. I'm glad he is doing well, but I will talk to him only if he is being nice.

A midlife crisis is understandable.

Are you sure it's not a past life issue haha!

It's funny how each person seems to come away from that article and pieces of words with a different outlook which I think is still base on each person's personal feelings on the Led Zeppelin reunion topics. It's interesting how much passion and a bit of anger people can feel just from the threads or comments from the former members of the band.

It's also interesting how so many people seem to over look or not even note that O2 happen and with it happening it does give a bit of hope because it did show that the magic and energy is still there. And that it could be done on a tour level.

I do agree with the thoughts that it would be hard to please everyone but in this sense I don't think that's even an issue since I doubt even the naysayers would pass up a chance to see all 3 former members of Led Zeppelin perform and I honestly believe that since Robert is where he is now we'll just have to see where the road leads him and of course we will all follow...

I'm still on the hopeful side of this...There are so many experiences that each person could bring to the musical mix now that they are older, wiser, and more season to the game...they are all different and there is no way those men could be seen as parodies since most people only have respect for them and the mark they left on music history...that was shown by the O2 turn out and the continuing requests and wishes for more...what's funny is with what Robert Plant is doing now he's probably closer to the sound Led Zeppelin was toying with during its blues and rock moments.

and I've been playing in this Led Zeppelin garden for long enough to know that "No" doesn't mean "No" and that anything is possible and that we're all old enough to know it would not be a Led Zeppelin reunion since as many LZ fans stated before many number of times Led Zeppelin was a band that consist of four members John Bonham, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant

Since Mr. Plant noted in the interview that he is a "different guy" I feel that's more of a reason to team up with his former Led Zeppelin band members and see what new magic might be wishing to be born-- what ever were to happen with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Robert Plant and Jason Bonham would be something fresh and new and should be worth exploring...

With patience anything is possible

I know I'm open for something with the 3 Js and different singers...I'd love to see a cd come out with different guest singers playing with Jimmy, John Paul Jones and Jason...I even have a list haha

So, let the piper go off exploring I'm sure he'll find his way back home he has before B)

"You're not going to say are you?

"I'm not, but you know, this is where I'm at," he points to Alison.

So maybe no more Zep for a while, but Raising Sand Volume 2? I think that's probably much more likely."

He didn't say...yes and he didn't say no...the interviewer added the last part haha

The song remains the same...

captianhook.gif

Tick tock tick tock

I'd actually bet large sums of money, if I had them, that he is 100% aware that his fans are psychoanalyzing him on message boards! ;)

Note worthy quote haha!

I wouldn't bet with you since friendly spies are everywhere-- Robert Plant stormtroopers...Plant knights of the round table haha

I always think how lucky some people are to get free therapy, advice and suggestions from adoring fans haha

Sure beats the magic 8 ball :)

Ha ha - has Honey talked to him lately? Apparently not since his bodyguards told her to get lost in the 70s. :lol:

I was bursting into laughter the very moment I read the subject of this thread. Man, Robert keeps us entertained! That must have been so funny to watch. I look forward to more details about his plans regarding the second album with Alison (using the lyrics from his "Manic Nirvana", just the opposite: "Maybe you won't?....".) :) But never mind, we shall love to hear whatever you have to say.

I don't have time to talk to Robert Plant as we don't really run in the same circles, especially if he is not being nice, but I imagine this was amusing. I never had a problem with his bodyguards during the seventies. Mostly during the seventies I was around the nice people in the audience.

He had a show to do and I was part of the audience. That's how it worked actually. It's not my fault if he is too busy or not being nice. I prefer to spend my time in the company of nice gentlemen who have my best interests at heart, as I should. If that is not him, then I pay attention to who it really is. Sure he attracts me on some levels but we are each free to choose the one we need.

I don't have time to talk to Robert Plant as we don't really run in the same circles, especially if he is not being nice, but I imagine this was amusing. I never had a problem with his bodyguards during the seventies. Mostly during the seventies I was around the nice people in the audience.

He had a show to do and I was part of the audience. That's how it worked actually. It's not my fault if he is too busy or not being nice. I prefer to spend my time in the company of nice gentlemen who have my best interests at heart, as I should. If that is not him, then I pay attention to who it really is. Sure he attracts me on some levels but we are each free to choose the one we need.

He is being very nice. Of course, I am not an obsessed stalker bothering him on private property. And for the record, we have a fairly low tolerance for stalking behavior in Nashville. We have many celebrities that choose to live here and raise families, so everyone stays in "auto-protect" mode. Just a FYI.

He is being very nice. Of course, I am not an obsessed stalker bothering him on private property. And for the record, we have a fairly low tolerance for stalking behavior in Nashville. We have many celebrities that choose to live here and raise families, so everyone stays in "auto-protect" mode. Just a FYI.

Then you talk to him. I don't have time to visit Nashville. He needs someone. It may as well be you.

sounds like you bump into him on a regular basis (on public property...of course~)

why don't you ask him if he can do one zep show, down here in biloxi? tell him you hate to bother him (again), but you have to ask.

don't worry...you're "auto-protected".

Archived