Led Zeppelin NOT doing For Your Life?

"According to Plant, Zeppelin spent their second and third days together working on "For Your Life", a never-played-live track from their 1976 album Presence. "Then we jettisoned it - but that was the mood of the thing."

Okay, so that sounds like they aren't doing the song live on December 10th. If not, what's the new song they will be doing?

Okay, so that sounds like they aren't doing the song live on December 10th. If not, what's the new song they will be doing?

Well, if they're reading boards and taking requests please consider "Here We Go Round

The Mulberry Bush" as performed in San Francisco 1969. A seque into "Do You Know

The Muffin Man" would be a bonus.

Well, if they're reading boards and taking requests please consider "Here We Go Round

The Mulberry Bush" as performed in San Francisco 1969. A seque into "Do You Know

Steve, I enjoy your posts; you are definitely an odd bird. :D

Since the In through the Outdoor Album tour was canceled I believe something will be played from that. I like Fool In the Rain alot. But I think In the Evening may be a good bet.l

As, it's supposed to be a track never played live before, it can't be In The Evening because it has. If they've jettisoned FYL perhaps they've scrapped the whole idea of playing a 'virgin live' song.

I'm actually with Steve here in all honesty. I love their version of Here We Go 'Round The Mulberry Bush (4/27/69) and would totally freak if they played it during a medley of sorts.

I have a boot from mid 70's where they do "What's That Sound" by Jefferson Airplane and it was un believable. I would love to hear that live!
Don't you mean "For what it's worth" by the Buffalo Springfield .........It was played during the medley part in WLL.

It has already been said that it will be "Good Times, Bad Times" which I think is sad that they are only doing one new song for this show from their past. I assume that it is o.k. for me to say this as my last enlightening post mysteriously has no disappeared!

It has already been said that it will be "Good Times, Bad Times" which I think is sad that they are only doing one new song for this show from their past. I assume that it is o.k. for me to say this as my last enlightening post mysteriously has no disappeared!

It is rumored that the opening song will be Good Times Bad Times, as quoted from Jason. It has been preformed live before by the band. You are confusing the subject.

The song is For Your Life, As stated by Jimmy.

December. It's in the book stores on the east coast.

Thanks, I'll look for it. I live in the middle of nowhere, but I'm hopeing to find it, if not I have family on the East Coast who may be wiilling enough to get it for me if I send some money.

"According to Plant, Zeppelin spent their second and third days together working on "For Your Life", a never-played-live track from their 1976 album Presence. "Then we jettisoned it - but that was the mood of the thing."

The track they are playing is In The Light, Plant really can't sing many of the primal tracks of Zeppelin.

Plant for some years now has had to sing second rate Barber Moroccan gurgles and low toned moans.

There is only one section/spot in the track of In The Light where Plant wouldn't be able to reach the one etched in history on the LP of this track.

Of coarse there are only a few lucky people in rock who can put out as they did in the past such as Paul Rodgers who still has a fantastic voice, like it or not he still can sing becuase he took care of his vocal chords.

Hats off to Roy Harper would be an interesting pick in a controlled manner but its

IN THE LIGHT from my contacts at Atlantic who said this was the surprise track they will play.

I've seen Zeppelin play 11 times at various venues and I personally hope they don't tour, this will

be a big flop. You can't bring it home again once it's been gone for years. Yes a few tracks or recordings here and there, but they would be smart to leave their own history alone.

Not that it matters, but the critics are going to eat them alive.

Hell Jimmy hasn't done a thing in years and he says he's a bit rusty, how about rusty and dusty with spider webs.

I hope it goes well for them on the London show, but best See The Light and shut it off.

With all of Jimmy's love of the famous acoustic players - he should put together an instrumental record! Something that shows he had grown as a musician.

blackers44

The track they are playing is In The Light, Plant really can't sing many of the primal tracks of Zeppelin.

Plant for some years now has had to sing second rate Barber Moroccan gurgles and low toned moans.

There is only one section/spot in the track of In The Light where Plant wouldn't be able to reach the one etched in history on the LP of this track.

Of coarse there are only a few lucky people in rock who can put out as they did in the past such as Paul Rodgers who still has a fantastic voice, like it or not he still can sing becuase he took care of his vocal chords.

Hats off to Roy Harper would be an interesting pick in a controlled manner but its

IN THE LIGHT from my contacts at Atlantic who said this was the surprise track they will play.

I've seen Zeppelin play 11 times at various venues and I personally hope they don't tour, this will

be a big flop. You can't bring it home again once it's been gone for years. Yes a few tracks or recordings here and there, but they would be smart to leave their own history alone.

Hell Jimmy hasn't done a thing in years and he says he's a bit rusty, how about rusty and dusty with spider webs.

I hope it goes well for them on the London show, but best See The Light and shut it off.

With all of Jimmy's love of the famous acoustic players - he should put together an instrumental record! Something that shows he had grown as a musician.

blackers44

A flop?? Really? Are you serious? I disagree with almost everything you just wrote. Have you seen Page/Plant post Zeppelin? I thought Plant's voice was stronger than ever. Rock criticism has changed since Rolling Stone refused to take them seriously in the 70's. Those reviews ticked off a lot of people. I do think the show will be a critical success and I think the band is going to be overwhelmed by the adoration they recieve from the fans. Even though I am not going to see the London show, I can't wait for this event!!

blackers44

That was unneccesarily negative. Thanks.

Hello fellow Zep heads ,first post here,just discovered ithe place.

I agree this is dicey for the boys given that much of their aura was based on the extreme power they could deliver in their youth,and Bonzo is gone.Jonesy will be spot on,Jimmy can summon it up if he really wants to and Jason will give it everything.The question is Robert and thats no slight against him.No one who used his voice as such a powerful instrument and risked losing it it by being so over the edge coud be expected to retain that voice after so long . However,he can still sing (may not be able to deliver orgasms with a wail anymore) ,they are lowering the keys and tech is such today that I believe he can pull this off.As a one off deal it will probably be just the 4 of them which might be tough.If they do tour ,I really hope they add a few players to round out the sound especially to adequately cover Jimmy's multi-tracking and possibly aide the vocals.This isn't sacriledge.Everybody does it.Who,Stones .Floyd really were unashamed to add the necessary players to give the audience what they wanted to hear and the results were brilliant.Unfortunately Robert wasn't blessed /cursed with an ordinary voice like Jagger's that would allow him to retain his level of excellence. It may be controversial but if they did add a couple of players the Wilson sisters might be a good choice.Don't laugh,they know all the shit and can pull it off :D Just a thought

In the Light is a good choice. I would like to hear The Rover, which they rarely did. Wearing and Tearing would be a pleasant surprise.

blackers44

You're new here, aren't you? :rolleyes: