which zeppelin album for which season of the year

Hey guys!

I was always wondering which Zeppelin album fits best to the four seasons of the year. I can only say that houses of the holy is the summer album for me...but which one could be spring, autumn and winter

Ever thought about it? (don't mind if not...)

Cheers

Winter - II

Spring - Houses Of The Holy

Summer - Physical Graffiti

Fall - III

Winter - II

Spring - Houses Of The Holy

Fall - III

Never thought about this much. Spring will be in all choices, since it's so fitting there. Not sure about winter choice. Could put IV there.

Spring - Houses of the Holy

Fall - III

Winter - IV

Well were in agreement, but not that this sort of thing matters all that much. Houses is the only definitive seasonal album. It could be summer or spring. Although Robert said in Long Beach in 1972, when introducing "Dancing Days" and talking about the new album said "...it's like a summery album..."

Fall-Led Zeppelin II-"Leaves are fallin' all around...."

Winter-Led Zeppelin III-"We come from the land of the ice and snow..."

Spring-Houses of the Holy

Summer-Fourth album,because it's the perfect one for windows down/volume up driving.(Especially Side 2)

Fall-Led Zeppelin II-"Leaves are fallin' all around...."

Winter-Led Zeppelin III-"We come from the land of the ice and snow..."

Spring-Houses of the Holy

Summer-Fourth album,because it's the perfect one for windows down/volume up driving.(Especially Side 2)

This is a great way to look at it. Makes a lot of sense.

Spring - Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin I, Physical Graffiti

Summer - Led Zeppelin II, Houses Of The Holy

Autumn/Fall - Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin III, Presence, Led Zeppelin I

Winter - Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin III, Presence

Either season, all albums works fine to me. I often get the feeling of the seasons by looking into album covers. All of them are kinda cold. LOL As for music, it works always. When looking into Led Zeppelin IV cover, especially back side, it makes me think of autumn/fall but the music is warm.

Spring - Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin I, Physical Graffiti

Summer - Led Zeppelin II, Houses Of The Holy

Autumn/Fall - Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin III, Presence, Led Zeppelin I

Winter - Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin III, Presence

Either season, all albums works fine to me. I often get the feeling of the seasons by looking into album covers. All of them are kinda cold. LOL As for music, it works always. When looking into Led Zeppelin IV cover, especially back side, it makes me think of autumn/fall but the music is warm.

So which season does In Through The Out Door fit in? You omitted that one. Don't think you can include Coda, since it's a compilation.

So which season does In Through The Out Door fit in? You omitted that one. Don't think you can include Coda, since it's a compilation.

Yes, I didn't know just where to put them. I would put In Though The Out Door in either Winter or Summer. I won't omit Coda this time, it fits in Winter for me.

Hey guys!

I was always wondering which Zeppelin album fits best to the four seasons of the year. I can only say that houses of the holy is the summer album for me...but which one could be spring, autumn and winter

What throws things off for me is when they were released, as I can remember most of their release and what times of the year they were, but here goes...

I and II always felt like autumn to me (especially I's orange title and II's brown cover, plus 'Babe I'm Gonna Leave You' as a summer fling is over, and 'Ramble On's fall reference

III feels like spring ... the farmer's wheel cover (to help plant seeds), "just walk down a country lane..." -- but yeah, Immigrant Song could mean, "Hey, we came from the ice 'n' snow, dudes & dudettes. It's a little warmer here. Mind if we come a-pillagin' and sample your women-folk??"

Houses -- definitely summer. I got my flower I got my power ... singing songs 'til the night turns into day. But then again, ya got No Quarter throwing things off lyric-wise...

None of them feel like winter to me. :huh:

Zeppelin I and II is probably more fall or winter because of the blues influence. You get more blue when it gets colder. But I can see a few songs working in the Summer or spring.

III is more of Fall to me.

IV is more winter.

HOTH is easily Spring. You have songs about Dancing Days being here again and a song about Rain which is around in the Summer the most.

PG is Summer, although there is an eclectic mix because it is some stuff from early in the decade.

Presence is Summer

ITTOD is Fall

Winter=LZI, LZIII.

Spring=LZII and presence.

Summer=Houses and ITTOD.

Fall=LZIV and PG.

I guess it really boils down to what kind of mood you're in though.

Yes indeed, and besides everyone perceives things differently.

Always the season I heard this album first (or the most intensive)

-February: I

-Eastern: IV

- June: III

-July: HOTH

-August: Presence

- October:II

- December: Coda

- After christmas: ITTOD

No matter in which situation I hear an album, I am instantly back to the place were I heard it first, I know all the smells and feelings I had then.

You know what the funny thing is, I try to fit this question in regarding other bands, and I can't. For some reason, Zep seems to be the only band where this question really fits or makes sense. I always thought of different Zep material cooresponding to different seasons, and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

For me:

Winter- none really(maybe ITTOD if I was pressed to pick one)

Spring- IV(not quite sure why but that is the feeling I get)

Summer- definately HOTH(with the exception of NQ), followed by Phys. Graff.

Fall-II or III

For all those people who bought the studio albums on the days of release Autumn and Winter for them all apart from Houses were released in those seasons and Houses was Spring :)....just a different slant on things.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys!

Ever thought about it? (don't mind if not...)

Cheers

spring: Led zeppelin 2 ( what a whole lotta love, living loving maid)

summer: houses of the holy, especially The Ocean, the crunge and dancing days

autumn: Led Zeppelin 1 ( especially communication breakdown)

winter: Led Zeppelin 4 (especially stairway to heaven and misty mountain hop)

• 2 years later...

Archived