most over looked zeppelin song  

222 members have voted

1. 1. most over looked zeppelin song

• night flight
    • south bound saurez
    • hot dog
    • for your life
    • hots on for nowhere

Wanton Song has always been a favorite of mine. They performed it for a few early shows on their 1975 tour, but dropped it. Then P & P performed it (as well on their opening song on their 1998 tour).

The energy of that one is amazing. :)

R B)

Tea For One & For Your Life

You got that right.

Add to that Your Time Is Gonna Come & Out On The Tiles, though I could name about 10 more.

If you can get past the hollow/tinny sound, there's quite a few good tracks on CODA that no one ever mentions. Obviously the 2 tracks from Royal Albert Hall are killer, but other than that Wearing And Tearing comes to mind...

I always thought many songs from III were kind of overlooked.

III is tied with Presence for their best album as far as I'm concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I love every album.., but those two are the only ones I can listen to on a daily basis w/out wanting to skip tracks...

You got that right... Christ, I could listen to the solo in For Your Life on an endless loop for eternity and not get tired of it. Actually, I don't think there's been a time I've played it where I didn't play it back at least once before I let the song end.

Add to that Your Time Is Gonna Come & Out On The Tiles, though I could name about 10 more.

If you can get past the hollow/tinny sound, there's quite a few good tracks on CODA that no one ever mentions. Obviously the 2 tracks from Royal Albert Hall are killer, but other than that Wearing And Tearing comes to mind...

Wow. Sorry about that folks, I meant to edit my original post but hit the "quote" button on accident.

Triple Post FTW!

I had to choose "Night Flight", because Percy's voice is very emotional...although "Hots On For Nowhere" easily comes a close second. The 'fuck' is probably the reason I've never heard it on the radio before.

I love a nice slow blues, so I think that "Tea For One" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" deserve more attention than they seem to get.

I don't really know how the majority of the fan community stands on "How Many More Times," but that one's always been a favorite. What a perfect way to conclude the first album.

I agree with you that "Tea For One" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" deserve more praise than what they get. But relating to this poll, then I'm going with "For Your Life".

I don't like Night Flight. It sounds too much like a church hymn.

I wish my church played music like that... <_<

The first time I heard Night Flight, I knew it was gonna be "one of those songs". Love at first listen.

I think far too many awesome Zep tunes are overlooked. No Zeppelin song deserves to be overlooked, and a lot of their best stuff is never played on the radio or anything!

People irritate me...

:rant:

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived