new soundboard

ohjimmy

I have an Onkyo and I prefer "All Channel Stereo" which may be similar to your matrix mode. I think most good receivers when given a stereo source on a surround sound mode tries to figure out where each sound should go more and I think sometimes they tend to throw too much sound into the center channel, especially vocals. Which for movies is great.

But nothing beats the clarity I get from good headphones (I used Sennheiser HD280 Silvers for this one)

I think this is done on every 75 soundboard (I first noticed it with Days Confused (03-05-75)). How it is done, I do not know, Im sure someone will come along with the correct explanation and make me sound stupid, but my theory was that there was a mic on separate drums (for left and right) and when this affect is turned on it automatically does the panning to the side Bonzo hits. Otherwise someone would indeed have to be sitting with there fingers on the balance dial doing it manually every time.

I asked the same question on Dazed bow section which switches from left to right. I always though the 2nd hit was an echo affect and the affect is only played in the opposite side.

Id love to know the truth.

EzyEric,

Thanks for the headphones recommendation. I need a new pair. had a decent Sony pair in the 80's. I wa in the Bose store checking out some of their headphones. They sounded great. Enjoy the show.

Just downloaded the EVSD version. Another hot show! Amazing how many times they can play these songs with a unique take, they always sound so fresh and different. A really hot OtHaFA, nice Time of Dying, nice TSRtS into an excellent Rain Song plus a very strong Stairway. The band keeps the high energy throughout the whole show. Plant's voice is typical '75 but I'm over that, he is full of humorous, off-the-wall Plantations on this night for sure! The sound quality is very good, clear seperation between instruments but I felt like there was too much high hat so I turned the treble way down. Jones is a bit low in the mix but what bass there is is clean if boosted, I turned it up as far as my amp would go! If you already have MSG, Vancouver, Seattle, and Dallas '75, this would be a great addition to your collection.

• 3 weeks later...

My copy is on the way and I hope it gets to me before Christmas!! I listed this show as one of the most underappreciated in that thread and cannot believe that a soundboard version has FINALLY surfaced. Love the vibe that Percy and the boys had going that night - last night in NY or LA were always soem of the best for the vibe. Happy holidays everyone! :thumbsup:

Has anyone received or heard this title/show yet? I have,like most of you, the audience recording but this soundboard sounds like it might be very interesting.

Led Zeppelin - St. Valentine's Day Massacre (2/14/75 Nassua, NY SB) 3 CD EV

cheers

listening to it as i speak great show

yes, just recieved this for xmas. like all the '75 sdbs from EV, this sounds fantastic!

very well mixed with all the instuments coming thru clearly!

these '75 sdbs from EV are about the best you can get of Led live, official or bootleg! IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Got a copy of this show, finally in soundboard version, and lovin' it!! What is Bonzo yelling about after "Sick Again"? I assume it is him, but I can't make out what he is saying......

Peace.

Thanks for tip on this show, read this post and hunted it down, fun ass show, sounds great, also enjoying Houston 77 which I just got, great info on this forum!!!!!

Yah the Houston 77 is another great SBD. Two of the Landover 77 gigs are SBDs as well, as well as San Diego 75 and Vancouver 75!

I am also in the process of getting the complete Seattle 77 pro shot on DVD...

What a time to be a Zep bootleg collector! I remember all the years when all we had were shitty audience tapes and the occasional SBD or great-sounding AUD (6/21/77, for example)...

I finally heard this recently and agree it's fantastic. Love the Plantation, "If I ever need a bra, I'll come to the United States".

No ! :slapface:

He says 'if i ever need a bra i wont be coming to the States!'

Get it!

He meant if he got man boobs the dream would be over!!!

• 2 weeks later...
What does it mean, Sir!? Any explaination please!

He's talking about the audience recordings, not soundboards which we'd expect to see released on your label. After communicating with him and yada-yada.....

That's how new recordings are found people!

Has anyone received or heard this title/show yet? I have,like most of you, the audience recording but this soundboard sounds like it might be very interesting.

Led Zeppelin - St. Valentine's Day Massacre (2/14/75 Nassua, NY SB) 3 CD EV

cheers

I've just downloaded it, AWESOME!!! 22 minutes of No Quarter.... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived