What are your fears?

JethroTull

I'm talking about the deep dark things that keep you awake at night.

For me, it's dying at a young age. I just turned 53, but I feel like if I don't live until I am in my late 80's or early 90's, I will have had an incomplete life.

How about you....fear of growing old alone, always living paycheck to paycheck, discovery of a crime you commited (or are currently commiting) or never seeing a live Led Zeppelin performance.

Nothing keeps me up at night, but my worst fear would be something happening to my children.

Other than that, I am mildly uneasy with heights, flying and long bridges/bridge tunnels, but I do them anyway. Still afraid of snakes and bats, though. :(

No longer afraid to speak in front of a group, although I used to be when I was younger.

I'm talking about the deep dark things that keep you awake at night.

That would be my kids. I constantly worry about them and "what if" something happens to one of them. They're all grown now, but from the moment I found out I was pregnant with each of them until today, and every single day in between, I have worried.

I shared this with my mom, and she said "guess what, I worry about you too, it never stops no matter how old they get!" I don't know, maybe I'm just an obsessive/compulsive worrier.

Sign to the cockroach haters club right now! One day, I saw one crawling aroung in a mall, I was short before screaming an throwing up...

Call me crazy, but I am horribly afraid of pantomimes and clowns...really don't know why, maybe an early Jack-Nicholson-as -joker-trauma.

And I have this fear of not getting a guitar solo right...

Besides of that it is the usual: death of my loved ones, war, making faults, not being loved, etc.

But I don't think I am a very fearsome person in public...

Hmm... well, to be honest, I generally don't dwell on things I have little or no control over, but for the past few months I've noticed a personal fear of an international economic implosion that makes getting by (let alone getting ahead) harder than it should be (but keeping my fingers crossed that a steady stream of corrections will soften the doom & gloom probabilities).

And then of course, there's:

never seeing a live Led Zeppelin performance.

I'm 58 and never saw LZ live either.

I used to live in a place that had so many roaches that I would go to sleep with a Roach Motel under my pillow.

My biggest fear is spiders. To me they are like poisonous snakes with 8 legs.

:o

Cancer drugs can pretty cure the cancer if at an early stage cancer.

Scared of snakes - due to my brother chasing me with a garter snake when I was a kid. Even when I see a garter snake, I freeze since I have them in my yard due to my pond. Can't trust snakes! Worms not a problem.

Sign to the cockroach haters club right now! One day, I saw one crawling aroung in a mall, I was short before screaming an throwing up...

Call me crazy, but I am horribly afraid of pantomimes and clowns...really don't know why, maybe an early Jack-Nicholson-as -joker-trauma.

And I have this fear of not getting a guitar solo right...

Besides of that it is the usual: death of my loved ones, war, making faults, not being loved, etc.

But I don't think I am a very fearsome person in public...

I forgot about clowns, :dont: they do creep me out. So do guys on drywall stilts (darned X-Files...)

Ditto. I'm a mess over that one.

Agreed man. The fact that something could ravage me from the inside without any warning and kill me dead in months scares the hell out of me. Especially at 18, I freak out about it..I actually want to get a full body test done to make sure there's none in me

I fear being poor again. Not because I couldn't handle it or that it's the worse thing in the world but because it will likely be due to economic collapse, no fault of my own. The thought of starting over and possibly not being able to care for my dogs is a scary and real possibilty. The last few months have been very unnerving.

I fear clowns...not having a home to come back to...and death.

D:

All because of my abusive childhood.

I'm very saddened you needed to go through that,

but if you need to release these inhibitions, due to your experiences, I am willing to listen and console you because I also went through childhood abuse.

I don't fear death. Not that i'm brave or anything. I just don't believe in an afterlife and my theory has always been that what you believe in after death is what will happen. I have apprehension about how or when I may die, but not really fear. Like someone said here earlier, why worry about something you can't control. I think that is so true. One thing I have always feared, and still do, is getting injured seriously, or having a serious medical condition that leaves me paralyzed. I don't think I could deal with that, and I've known people that have lived entire lives and it never stopped them. I salute them. Don't know what i would do if I lost use of my limbs

Archived