What instrument do you play?

Matt Harris

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm...been playing for 20+ years, guitar (including bass), drums and singer. Drums is my main instrument.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/ra...letrGuitars.jpg

Part of my drum kit (not set up).

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/ra.../Gear/Drums.jpg

That room was a mess! Equipment all over! It's all in proper storage now. Except my acoustic, I keep it here with me at the house.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing the drums for 4 years, and I've loved every minute of it. I tried out a bunch of different instruments before that, but none of them worked. And when I tried the drums it just...clicked. :) I don't think I could ever part with my drum kit; not even for a million dollars. :D It's a litttle kit I bought with my own money, it's a five piece groove percussion and I bought a Ludwig floor tom.

Bonzo really drives me forward. When I listen to Led Zeppelin and Bonzo's drumming I just think "I gotta do that". He's really been an inspiration. I've been told I have a playing style like his, though it's more similar to his early years. I just attack the drums and hit as hard as I can. I know it doesn't show off any skill and it just shortens the lifespan of the skins, but I can't help it! I try and play softer and use more accents, but once I get into it, I really just go full out and get excited and just smash it up, man. xD

Is it bad that I play like that?

I did 10 years Piano lessons when i was younger, followed up by 2 years Flute (traversa) and another 2 years drums (guess who was my idol....)

I had 2 bands but io am to shy to perform on stage so that went noway.

Now i have fun sometimes arranging music by sampling on the computer (if that counts), and i still try to figure out my K2000 that i own 6 years now...

I sing with the music i listen to when i am alone/in the car -- Chat Baker is my favourte to sing to (and they say i am good in that jazzy stuff)

• 5 months later...

I've been playing the drums for 4 years, and I've loved every minute of it. I tried out a bunch of different instruments before that, but none of them worked. And when I tried the drums it just...clicked. :) I don't think I could ever part with my drum kit; not even for a million dollars. :D It's a litttle kit I bought with my own money, it's a five piece groove percussion and I bought a Ludwig floor tom.

Bonzo really drives me forward. When I listen to Led Zeppelin and Bonzo's drumming I just think "I gotta do that". He's really been an inspiration. I've been told I have a playing style like his, though it's more similar to his early years. I just attack the drums and hit as hard as I can. I know it doesn't show off any skill and it just shortens the lifespan of the skins, but I can't help it! I try and play softer and use more accents, but once I get into it, I really just go full out and get excited and just smash it up, man. xD

Is it bad that I play like that?

I feel you man! I am a heavy hitter too, I'll sometime's lose a stick but that don't stop me from playing how I do. Keep on jamming! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Piano (badly) and Guitar. Had a guitar bought for me for my b'day 12 years ago and never looked back but as a child I was forced to play the piano every Sunday. I hated it. Now that my mum has died and left me her piano I am determined to catch it back up. Been making my mother turn in her grave for about a year now. (Damn I wished I paid more attention)

Piano (badly) and Guitar. Had a guitar bought for me for my b'day 12 years ago and never looked back but as a child I was forced to play the piano every Sunday. I hated it. Now that my mum has died and left me her piano I am determined to catch it back up. Been making my mother turn in her grave for about a year now. (Damn I wished I paid more attention)

My grandmother was a piano teacher all her life, by the time I came along she was old and I don't even remember her ever playing the grand piano that sat in the front room of there house.

The few time's I tried to play the keyboard's I'm sure she was turning over in her grave too, I did have fun with synth's when they became popular in the early 1980's. But that is about it, I can play the guitar and the drum's but I'm not to good at piano. B)

I aspire to to be a quarter of how good Jimmy Page is.

Same here, except you are further on your quest than I am (have only been playing for about a year). My acoustic is a Washburn D-112S and my electric is a honeyburst epiphone les paul w/ a standard plus top. hopefully I'l be able to save up enough money to either buy this:

31-fHoKkHAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

or this:

DSV3WECH1_.jpg

Archived