Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Harris

What instrument do you play?

Been playing guitar for about 9 years, looking to pick up a 58 RI Les Paul soon, played one the other day and it was divine. :)

I'm just asking, so what instrument do you play?

ive been playing guitar since i was 7 and im 13 now. jimmy page inspired me through them 6 years and he still does long live page

I play the guitar only the best instrument ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been playin for three years now

i've been playing for five years

Ummm...been playing for 20+ years, guitar (including bass), drums and singer. Drums is my main instrument.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/ra...letrGuitars.jpg

Part of my drum kit (not set up).

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/ra.../Gear/Drums.jpg

That room was a mess! Equipment all over! It's all in proper storage now. Except my acoustic, I keep it here with me at the house.

I've been playing the drums for 4 years, and I've loved every minute of it. I tried out a bunch of different instruments before that, but none of them worked. And when I tried the drums it just...clicked. :) I don't think I could ever part with my drum kit; not even for a million dollars. :D It's a litttle kit I bought with my own money, it's a five piece groove percussion and I bought a Ludwig floor tom.

Bonzo really drives me forward. When I listen to Led Zeppelin and Bonzo's drumming I just think "I gotta do that". He's really been an inspiration. I've been told I have a playing style like his, though it's more similar to his early years. I just attack the drums and hit as hard as I can. I know it doesn't show off any skill and it just shortens the lifespan of the skins, but I can't help it! I try and play softer and use more accents, but once I get into it, I really just go full out and get excited and just smash it up, man. xD

Is it bad that I play like that?

Edited by LaughingAtTheMoon

I did 10 years Piano lessons when i was younger, followed up by 2 years Flute (traversa) and another 2 years drums (guess who was my idol....)

I had 2 bands but io am to shy to perform on stage so that went noway.

Now i have fun sometimes arranging music by sampling on the computer (if that counts), and i still try to figure out my K2000 that i own 6 years now...

I sing with the music i listen to when i am alone/in the car -- Chat Baker is my favourte to sing to (and they say i am good in that jazzy stuff)

Edited by Friedix

I've been playing the drums for 4 years, and I've loved every minute of it. I tried out a bunch of different instruments before that, but none of them worked. And when I tried the drums it just...clicked. :) I don't think I could ever part with my drum kit; not even for a million dollars. :D It's a litttle kit I bought with my own money, it's a five piece groove percussion and I bought a Ludwig floor tom.

Bonzo really drives me forward. When I listen to Led Zeppelin and Bonzo's drumming I just think "I gotta do that". He's really been an inspiration. I've been told I have a playing style like his, though it's more similar to his early years. I just attack the drums and hit as hard as I can. I know it doesn't show off any skill and it just shortens the lifespan of the skins, but I can't help it! I try and play softer and use more accents, but once I get into it, I really just go full out and get excited and just smash it up, man. xD

Is it bad that I play like that?

I feel you man! I am a heavy hitter too, I'll sometime's lose a stick but that don't stop me from playing how I do. Keep on jamming! B)

I play the e guitar for about one year. I started to learn it very late but that´s better than never.

Trying to learn guitar. Finding it awful hard to keep strings on it though. Picking a little too aggressively I suppose.

Piano (badly) and Guitar. Had a guitar bought for me for my b'day 12 years ago and never looked back but as a child I was forced to play the piano every Sunday. I hated it. Now that my mum has died and left me her piano I am determined to catch it back up. Been making my mother turn in her grave for about a year now. (Damn I wished I paid more attention)

Piano (badly) and Guitar. Had a guitar bought for me for my b'day 12 years ago and never looked back but as a child I was forced to play the piano every Sunday. I hated it. Now that my mum has died and left me her piano I am determined to catch it back up. Been making my mother turn in her grave for about a year now. (Damn I wished I paid more attention)

My grandmother was a piano teacher all her life, by the time I came along she was old and I don't even remember her ever playing the grand piano that sat in the front room of there house.

The few time's I tried to play the keyboard's I'm sure she was turning over in her grave too, I did have fun with synth's when they became popular in the early 1980's. But that is about it, I can play the guitar and the drum's but I'm not to good at piano. B)

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

I aspire to to be a quarter of how good Jimmy Page is.

Same here, except you are further on your quest than I am (have only been playing for about a year). My acoustic is a Washburn D-112S and my electric is a honeyburst epiphone les paul w/ a standard plus top. hopefully I'l be able to save up enough money to either buy this:

31-fHoKkHAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

or this:

DSV3WECH1_.jpg