can they do it?

I can't imagine the pressure they're under.. i get nervous myself just thinking about it.. all

that expectation!!! talk about stage fright!!! gawd!!!

jimmy looks fit.. robert voice is good.. i think you can always count on JPJ.. jason can carry

on well... but when they walk out onstage.. oh man.... i'd be shakin'...

what'll do ya think?

I can't imagine the pressure they're under.. i get nervous myself just thinking about it.. all

jimmy looks fit.. robert voice is good.. i think you can always count on JPJ.. jason can carry

what'll do ya think?

[i think you are right.The media will want them to fall on their faces.I hope they prove that they

were and still are a force to be reckoned with.I saw them at Kneb on the 11th,Still remember arriving at the campsite at 1AM and hereing TSRTS being played out of the back of a van.Still remember how hot it was and my friend having an epileptic fit during New Barbarians.I'm sure they have been rehearsing hard,but its all down to on the night i'm afraid.Zepp are more popular than ever with a million wannabe copy acts which just dont cut it wanting to take their crown.No one will ever come close.If Jimmy is on form,everybody look out,Percy will be fine,Jonesy too and JB,I saw him with Foreigner last Friday in MAN UK.They played WLL,great.Just hope for more gigs 2008,would love to see them at MSG NY,they could sell it out for a month

what'll do ya think?

I'd be even worse for them if it was being televised. ;)

I can't even imagine all the pressure; I don't know how they're feeling right now, but I know I would be living my life in complete terror until the second I walked on stage. Jimmy must be extra nervous right now because of his finger!

ill be there to witness it !

id pay to watch them play cards !!!!!!!!!

come on boys !

Guys, when Page came to NY for the Ronnie Lane's Appeal for ARMs show back in 1982, which was the first time since John Bonham's demise that Jimmy was peforming publicly on stage in NYC, the venue even though all three original guitarists (Eric, and Jeff) of the Yardbirds were there together for Ronnie(and all incredible in their own right)...the place didn't errupt like it did when James Patrick Page took the stage! B)

I was there for both nights, and the roar was so intense and so long.....it was deafining! (no exageration...) Jimmy joked after playing Prelude (off Deathwish2 soundtrack) that was his going to his only number for the night...yeah right!!!...Well we know the rest and it was great! A much much better performance than the Royal Albert show gig...where Pagey was a bit rusty...but hey when you haven't picked up a guitar or played live in over two years in front of huge audiences what can you expect! All I know is Jimmy was totally ON for the ARMS show in NYC and he even mentioned it in Kerrang's interview shortly after or around the time of The FIRMs formation.

I am sure that without any doubt ....the O2 audience will be louder and more intense than anything we've ever heard!!! When Jimmy, Robert, John Paul Jones, and Jason walk on stage and the lights come up!!!! London will be echoing with the sounds of thunder....not just from the PAs/Amplifiers but from the ROAR of the Fans!!!!! 27 long hard and musically deprived years without the Magnificent Zeppelin performing!!!! Wish I was going...I know my voice would be lost in the first fifteen minutes!!!! :D

Make this a Memory that will never be forgotten!!! To all those on and around the stage!

Thank you for bringing it back for One more TIME! :rolleyes:

DieHardZepFan (aka Vic)

Can they do it?! :unsure: Oh, can they do IT. Of course. :)

"People were coming up to me before the gig asking is it on? Is it gonna be on?

For a moment I wondered about my anatomy but then I realized they meant

because of the weather. Isn't wonderful that it snows? Doesn't it change the

vibe of the city? This next one is for the Keeper of Seasons, whomever and

where ever he is". -- Robert Plant, New York City, February 1975

I think they'll pull off on a good start and get through the show...

Sure it may have been more than twenty years since they've played, but I think there won't be any kind of pressure on them. They just have to go out there and do their thing and that's what people want to see. Whatever affection the audience will get comes naturally. That's how Zeppelin works it and always will......

They will do it.

I doubt that I'll be disappointed but I'm afraid that some critics might expect so much that no matter how good they are it can't be good enough for them. :( But personally I believe it will be great!

Who cares what the critics think? The bottom line is as long as we (meaning the fans) enjoys it, then it will be great!!! :thumbsup:

The REAL nervous person will be Jason... Can you imagine? These men who he probably once looked to as 'uncle' types are now his friends, his co-workers and on a level of sorts, his peers. Can you imagine what his thoughts are? Doing this for dad, not wanting to mess up, the world will be listening and comparing him to his father and then of course, will he please the original three members?

He won't need anything for constipation...that is for sure!

And on the other 'end' of the spectrum...can you imagine how relaxed he will be at the aftershow party?

The REAL nervous person will be Jason... Can you imagine? These men who he probably once looked to as 'uncle' types are now his friends, his co-workers and on a level of sorts, his peers. Can you imagine what his thoughts are? Doing this for dad, not wanting to mess up, the world will be listening and comparing him to his father and then of course, will he please the original three members?

He won't need anything for constipation...that is for sure!

And on the other 'end' of the spectrum...can you imagine how relaxed he will be at the aftershow party?

I would think that he is the only one that doesn't really care. I mean every few years there is a Zep reunion rumor....and he is pretty much the afterthought...right?? Yet his whole life he has been around it....he knows that comparisons will be thought of....but they(our band , led zeppelin) arent selling bonzo....or bonzo jr....they are selling Led Zeppelin....Jason is already older than his dad when he died...think about that.....kid was always "baby bonzo"...blah blah blah....

nah , that cocky fucker will have no trouble here...

I doubt that I'll be disappointed but I'm afraid that some critics might expect so much that no matter how good they are it can't be good enough for them. :( But personally I believe it will be great!

Led Zep has always had a love/hate relationship with the critics, why would it be different now? If people look for something and it's not there, they get dissapointed. Go with an open mind and who knows what it will be?

I would think that he is the only one that doesn't really care. I mean every few years there is a Zep reunion rumor....and he is pretty much the afterthought...right??

Are you kidding?

L

Are you kidding?

You're right... afterthought is a harsh term......my apologies...my point was (and i dorked it in my last post) is....he is so ready to do this....clearly the last one in the band that should feel any pressure...

You're right... afterthought is a harsh term......my apologies...my point was (and i dorked it in my last post) is....he is so ready to do this....clearly the last one in the band that should feel any pressure...

I can't imagine he would be able to get away without thinking of the legacy of his father, the magnitude of the show. But you know the difference between confidence and arrogance - ability. Bonham Jr. can play.

I can't imagine he would be able to get away without thinking of the legacy of his father, the magnitude of the show. But you know the difference between confidence and arrogance - ability. Bonham Jr. can play.

yes he can ...and will , sir....

Led Zep has always had a love/hate relationship with the critics, why would it be different now? If people look for something and it's not there, they get dissapointed. Go with an open mind and who knows what it will be?

I hope they won't care then and rather concentrate on the fans opinion :) And as I said I am sure it will be great, no matter what critics say.

Obviously they will be stoked and more than a little nervous...but I think they know what they have to do and they will come out with pride and overwhelming power. Once it all settles down - if ever that night - they will prove why they are simply the greatest band to rock any stage period.

The will power they have combined is simply amazing and whomever attends is in for one hell of an experience!

I remember seeing Page and Plant during the Unledded tour and when the Arabic music started Robert walked out from one side of the stage and Jimmy from the other (long black coat and Gibson in hand) - and the crowd went beserk! The vibe in the arena was like no other. I've been to lots of great shows but this moment was insane...They took the stage and broke into the Wanton Song and basically fried the place within moments. Wow - O2 and London will never see the likes of this show again.

Obviously they will be stoked and more than a little nervous...but I think they know what they have to do and they will come out with pride and overwhelming power. Once it all settles down - if ever that night - they will prove why they are simply the greatest band to rock any stage period.

The will power they have combined is simply amazing and whomever attends is in for one hell of an experience!

I remember seeing Page and Plant during the Unledded tour and when the Arabic music started Robert walked out from one side of the stage and Jimmy from the other (long black coat and Gibson in hand) - and the crowd went beserk! The vibe in the arena was like no other. I've been to lots of great shows but this moment was insane...They took the stage and broke into the Wanton Song and basically fried the place within moments. Wow - O2 and London will never see the likes of this show again.

well said........thank you cuz i couldn't put these thoughts into words. ditto ditto ditto (though my concert experiences and locations may be different)

Jimmy always reminds me of a Jessee James of rock n roll when he's in the long coat,,,and then he has this wild side but seems to always just hold back just a bit. and robert the mystical one,,,,,like a wizard then Jason will be the powerhouse like his dad whom I miss soooooooooo much and loved so much, and JPJ well,,,,he's my personal fave the quiet one with the killer bass lnes and keyboard/syth sounds like NO ONE else. I think he'd love to go into like the Westminster Cathedral and have a go on those boards :) i say this about stage presence...then i think if they were to be in back of you in the line at the market you wouldn't recognize them because they have stayed pretty grounded considering all.

i think nce the lights go on 12.10.07 and he first notes start they will all get into a "zone" and it will be over before they know it. I think having more tham one show planned would also take some pressure off. (and wiould be the fans dream come true).

ust hope they are living breathing eating rehearsal like Jimmy said they would (well he didn't say it that way exactally he just said they would be rehearsing so as to avoid the last couple of outcomes)...rehearsing and just hanging together will be key thing. Just like any group if they aren't together much or haven't rehearsed it will show.

hope all side projects are on hold just for now.

The band has already said a million times that they wouldn't be doing this gig if they weren't confident in their abilities to pull this off to the nth degree. They've also all said that the rehersals have been incredibly 'on' so this whole discussion is moot. They will rock...Jimmy already said so. And it shall be...it's written in stone.

Archived