The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

16 hours ago, slave to zep said:

R.I.P.  Bernard Fox.

Great character actor best known for his role as Dr Bombay on Bewitched and Colonal Crittendon on Hogans Heroes.

That guy was still alive? Wow, he looked  old as hell in 1965 so I figured he took the big dirt nap around the same time Zeppelin were playing the Whiskey. Just found out he was in his late 30's during Bewitched and I thought he was in his 60's at the time. Then again I thought Ann B Davis from Brady Bunch was around 60 as well and she too was in her late 30's early 40's. I guess they aged faster back then.

Rest in Peace Dr. Bombay

Jesus Christ! Andrew Sachs has also died this year?! Fuck!!! Manuel was hilarious! One of my favourite characters in Fawlty Towers! :( 

As it is, I was feeling so bloody cut up about the death of Bernard Fox. What a perfect moment to find out about Andrew Sachs! <_<

I found out about this just today, thanks to that horrific and creepy looking montage of 2016 (along the lines of the Sgt. Pepper album cover) that has been posted on this thread, of not only all the famous people who passed on, but of also Brexit and Trump's victory. Ugh!

bobcoburnrip_638.jpg

Bob Coburn, the influential DJ and longtime host of the syndicated radio program "Rockline", passed away earlier today after a battle with stage four lung cancer. He was 68 years old.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/160884/legendary-klos-los-angeles-personality-bob-coburn- target=

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/legendary-rockline-host-bob-coburn-dies-after-battle-with-cancer/

Personally I have missed Rockline since it went off the air. I looked forward to it and really enjoyed the program. I got to talk with many famous musicians on the program including California Breed, Them Crooked Vultures, Bad Company, Van Halen, Roger Glover and more. Many very memorable appearances by Jimmy Page and Robert Plant too throughout the years on the program. RIP Bob Coburn.

Edited by luvlz2

Saddened to hear about Bob Coburn. His "Rockline" radio program, which aired coast to coast, was a very unique listening experience. He had a great radio voice and was very adept at getting the most out of an interview for fans and artists alike. 

Edited by SteveAJones

"Icebergs dead ahead, sir."

That was Bernard Fox's line in "A Night to Remember", the 1958 movie about the Titanic.

And maybe someone should have shouted that warning December 31, 2015. Because that is what 2016 has felt like...hitting iceberg after iceberg.

Calling Dr. Bombay!

I spent a good chunk of my childhood doing my school homework to "Bewitched" and "Hogan's Heroes", two shows I still get a kick out of watching today. 

I have not listened to radio regularly since the 1990s but growing up in Southern California in the 1970s and '80s, listening to the rock radio stations KMET 94.7 and KLOS 95.5 was a part of my daily life, and the distinctive voice of Bob Coburn and his Rockline interviews are a fond memory of those days.

http://www.955klos.com/tribute-to-bob-coburn/

Finally, I have always been a Los Angeles Lakers fan and therefore have watched the NBA for decades. After Pat O' Brien on CBS in the 1980s, TNT's Craig Sager had been the best sideline reporter in the NBA. He was certainly the most colourful...nobody flaunted colour like Craig Sager. He wore colour combinations most of us didn't know existed. The NBA will be a lot more drab without him.

So, a fond farewell and rest in peace to Mssrs. Bernard Fox, Bob Coburn, and Craig Sager. Thanks for the memories.

Man this year has truly sucked!

RIP Bob Coburn.  Loved Rockline.  Still have a number of them on tape.

RIP Zsa Zsa Gabor.  Loved her growing up.  She was such an original.  No one will ever be like her again.  Classic.

RIP Craig Sager.  What can I say that hasn't already been said.  He was a sports icon, without actually playing.  He'll be missed greatly.

On to 2017, and whatever that has in store for us....

On 12/16/2016 at 0:35 AM, Reggie29 said:

There's still two weeks to go.

Image may contain: 41 people, people smiling, people standing and flower

why is there a Donald Trump hat in that photo what id that supposed to represent?  and the Brexit thing too btw, both Brexit and  Trump were positive things and having that in a sad picture about all of those famous people who died this year just seems disrespectful to those people in my opinion.

8 hours ago, kipper said:

why is there a Donald Trump hat in that photo what id that supposed to represent?  and the Brexit thing too btw, both Brexit and  Trump were positive things and having that in a sad picture about all of those famous people who died this year just seems disrespectful to those people in my opinion.

Lack of respect ? Depends which way one voted, anyway don't take things so seriously man