Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
apantherfrommd

Jimmy Page Vs Robbie Williams

Amazing house that Jimmy has owned since the early '70s which in itself is amazing. Jimmy seems to really draw a lot of inspiration from the house. Good on him for fighting the good fight.

Go Jimmy.

The fact that Page is also fighting similar plans from his other neighbour Harvey McGrath shows that this is not some personality / music clash, but that Page genuinely cares about the house.

Also remember that it's officially a Listed Building – Grade I, 'Heritage at Risk' by the government.

I was at Tower House earlier this week. Not only is Robbie Williams home having renovations done but the home to the left is covered in scaffolding. 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/robbie-williams-believes-he-may-have-asperger’s-syndrome/ar-AAzjIhh?ocid=spartandhp

Are yes he's back in the news again! Not content with ruining the opening ceremony of the World Cup and Jimmy's life, Mr Blobbie is now a fully trained medical professional with his "self diagnosis" of Asperger's or Autism. Unfortunately neither of these is terminal and the world waits to read what he has next. As befits many who, when move to London, suddenly find out that they are gluten intolerant and can only drink "raw water" and specially prepared vegetables , Blobbie opens the pages of a medical journal to find on the first page Aspergers and Autism and reckon he has one or the other. They are many words beginning with A to describe him, Arse, Twat, Talentless etc. I know the last two begin with T but I'm Dystletic (sic)

So what next for the poor deluded individual? Lyme Disease perhaps or Alzheimer's?? We can only wait to find out from Dr Blobbie MD. 

Posted (edited)

I really do not get why this is even going on. I would think the city council would be compelled by either shire, county, or country law in such matters unless no statue on historical buildings / sites is clear. If Jimmy's house is a Grade I, Heritage at Risk building, it seems common sense that all structures surrounding said structure (plus the structure itself) would be prohibited from certain types of renovation / excavation to prevent damage or change the original historical design and / or architecture. Why even designate something a Grade I building if there are no real regulations to protect it? Does this mean if some wealthy asshole decides to purchase a building next to Shakespeare's house in Stratford-upon-Avon they can do the same thing William's is doing and the only mechanism to potentially stop them would be a legal challenge by the current owner, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust?

Edited by IpMan

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

I really do not get why this is even going on. I would think the city council would be compelled by either shire, county, or country law in such matters unless no statue on historical buildings / sites is clear. If Jimmy's house is a Grade I, Heritage at Risk building, it seems common sense that all structures surrounding said structure (plus the structure itself) would be prohibited from certain types of renovation / excavation to prevent damage or change the original historical design and / or architecture.

Because as I understand it, the old quango (National Heritage) used to to step in and deal with these things. The new one (Historic England), leaves these to local councils, saying they're planning matters. This is according to JP himself in the Mail article linked to above.

Hence why Jimmy is having to take his luck with Kensington & Chelsea council planning dept.