Let's just say THANKS to the Boys!

:D

There have been thousands of posts covering hundreds of issues. Please use this tread to simply say thank you to Led Zeppelin, the boys who have given us a great sound track for our lives.

I'm 49 years old, husband, father, grandfather, business executive, and most who know me at work had no idea how much a Zeppelin fan I am! To attend the concert in London was such a very special gift for me. To be with so many who share my love of this band and their music was more wonderful that I can express.

The music of Led Zeppelin is incredible, special, unique, powerful, meaningful, sad, happy, passionate, loving, erotic, playful, deep, mystic, therapeutic, calming, exciting, bright, complex, diverse, etc. etc. etc. It has helped me through many good times and bad. You can hear the influence in so many other bands over the many years since Zeppelin first landed on our planet.

So, it's difficult to fully express the joy and happiness that their music has brought to so many people. Think about it, 30 years after their last tour of the United States, there were millions wishing to get the opportunity to see them, at great expense, in London.

Led Zeppelin owes us nothing, we owe them so much...

Thank you Jimmy! Your vision and those magical fingers...

Thank you Robert! A voice without compare...

Thank you John Paul! Diverse yet constant, key to the LZ sound...

Thank you John and Jason! Thunder and lightening of 2 generations...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanku:

You said it all I totally agree...I was at the concert also ......there are no more words to express the joy they have given me......

• 5 weeks later...

AndyW said it all for me with the very first post on this subject,totally marvellous words.Jimmy Page,Robert Plant,John Paul Jones and John Bonham,when the gods were with them,created magic and we will never see there likes again.All of the musicians who I really like(The Beatles,Rory Gallagher,Blind Willie McTell,etc)WERE.Led Zeppelin however ARE.Thanks gentlemen.

led zeppelin are a really important part of my life. i just can't imagine life without their wonderous music. if that sounds melodramatic, then i don't care. it is simply the truth as far as i am concerned.

as others have said, i try to listen to other music, but always come back to zep. no other band comes close to zep imo.

zeppelin have every emotion, every style covered. fast, slow, blues, rock etc ....... there is a song for every occasion.

i don't need any other band.

my kids ( and others! ) often say to me : " for gods sake, can't you listen to someone else for a change?" and i answer : "why?" then they tell me they think i am obsessed. and i just say : " and your point is........?"

thankyou led zeppelin, just for "being".

xoxoxo

I have had a love afair with led zep music starting back in 1975 ,and continues til this day.Ilove all kinds of music ,but always go back to zep. Ilisten to them everyday!!!!Thank You So Much [Jimmy,John , JPJ,Robert ]!!!!! :notworthy: Words can not explain how i feel,Jimmy you are my hero, and my secret love :wub::wub: THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!

Thank you Jimmy for staying alive and giving us your sweet music all these years, and thank you John Paul for playing bass so smooth and effortless, and thank you Robert for... um...well... wearing nice boots, and thank you Jason for keeping the sound of Led Zeppelin in your heart.

Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by.

My love is strong, with you there is no wrong,

together we shall go until we die. My, my, my.

An inspiration is what you are to me, inspiration, look... see.

And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles,

Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one.

Happiness, no more be sad, happiness....I'm glad.

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.

When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

Anyway, this sounds like an end of day's thread. 3 Zep members i expect to be active and strong in 09.

The good blimp never dies.

thanks to robert the greatest frontman and my favorite lyricist (one who is greatly underappreciated for his lyrics unfortunately)but thanks jimmy the greatest guitarist and producer .. jpj so versatile and the brains of the group.. and bonzo what can i say..just a guy who was born to play the drums.. and zeppelin is a huge part of my life.. i listen to them every day and cant go a day without them.. maybe not even a hour most times.. i rarely listen to anyone else and today i listened to van halen and someone other than zeppelin for a rare time i love van halen but quickly i went back and listened to black dog from bbc sessions disc 2 haha.. on my ipod of course

• 2 weeks later...
:D

There have been thousands of posts covering hundreds of issues. Please use this tread to simply say thank you to Led Zeppelin, the boys who have given us a great sound track for our lives.

I'm 49 years old, husband, father, grandfather, business executive, and most who know me at work had no idea how much a Zeppelin fan I am! To attend the concert in London was such a very special gift for me. To be with so many who share my love of this band and their music was more wonderful that I can express.

The music of Led Zeppelin is incredible, special, unique, powerful, meaningful, sad, happy, passionate, loving, erotic, playful, deep, mystic, therapeutic, calming, exciting, bright, complex, diverse, etc. etc. etc. It has helped me through many good times and bad. You can hear the influence in so many other bands over the many years since Zeppelin first landed on our planet.

So, it's difficult to fully express the joy and happiness that their music has brought to so many people. Think about it, 30 years after their last tour of the United States, there were millions wishing to get the opportunity to see them, at great expense, in London.

Led Zeppelin owes us nothing, we owe them so much...

Thank you Jimmy! Your vision and those magical fingers...

Thank you Robert! A voice without compare...

Thank you John Paul! Diverse yet constant, key to the LZ sound...

Thank you John and Jason! Thunder and lightening of 2 generations...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanku:

How's it going "AndyW" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? GREAT THREAD! I am going to be 48 years old this year and if I were to die tomorrow, I can die knowing that I lived life to its very fullest and saw the mighty LED ZEPPELIN twice during the 1977 Tour. Bands like THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES, LED ZEPPELIN, THE WHO, THE KINKS, PINK FLOYD, JIMI HENDRIX, FLEETWOOD MAC (The Peter Green Era.) and THE BEACH BOYS to name a few, only comes once in a lifetime. These legendary bands ARE ROCK ROYALTY! Every one of these bands contributed something great to the Rock world which would result in making each band bigger than Rock n' Roll and life itself. Rock n' Roll has a bigger musical and artistic identity thanks to every one of these legendary bands.

As for the mighty LED ZEPPELIN, they gave a lot to Rock n' Roll's glorious history. With a mighty thunderous explosion, Hard Rock would be played at a different and higher level from the hands and voice of Guitarist Jimmy Page, Vocalist Robert Plant, Bassist John Paul Jones and Drummer John Bonham thus lifting Rock n' Roll to a much higher level unimagined. Rock n' Roll is a much better sounding world thanks to LED ZEPPELIN. LED ZEPPELIN DID AND ALWAYS WILL, MAKE A DIFFERENCE! I would like to personally thank all of the members of LED ZEPPELIN, Jimmy, Robert, John Paul, the late great John and John's son Jason for being more than they were by going beyond themselves in order to create one of Rock n' Roll's most magical sounds. And because of this achievement, LED ZEPPELIN WAS BIGGER THAN ROCK N' ROLL AND LIFE ITSELF. But sadly, as the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." Even if LED ZEPPELIN never performs again, lets just all be thankful and feel blessed that we are left with a dozen or so, of LED ZEPPELIN albums to listen to and remember them by. Everytime someone plays a LED ZEPPELIN album, their spirit and musical sound will never be forgotten. I have said this before, everytime a new and curious music listener hears the sounds of LED ZEPPELIN, a new fan is born meaning that LED ZEPPELIN is reborn all over again. The evidence lies here on this very LED ZEPPELIN Forum. There are ZEPPELIN fanatics here on the Forum that range from ages 11 to 65. I have conversed with many of you that are in your teens and still have your whole life ahead of you. It really makes me feel great that there are so many young people here on the Forum that were not even born yet during LED ZEPPELIN'S incredible reign and love the same music that I grew up listening to when I was younger. I would really like to thank all of you young people here on the Forum who contribute in keeping LED ZEPPELIN'S lifeforce breathing and keeping their spirit and legacy alive. Thanks to all of you. ROCK ON!

How's it going "AndyW" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? GREAT THREAD! I am going to be 48 years old this year and if I were to die tomorrow, I can die knowing that I lived life to its very fullest and saw the mighty LED ZEPPELIN twice during the 1977 Tour. Bands like THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES, LED ZEPPELIN, THE WHO, THE KINKS, PINK FLOYD, JIMI HENDRIX, FLEETWOOD MAC (The Peter Green Era.) and THE BEACH BOYS to name a few, only comes once in a lifetime. These legendary bands ARE ROCK ROYALTY! Every one of these bands contributed something great to the Rock world which would result in making each band bigger than Rock n' Roll and life itself. Rock n' Roll has a bigger musical and artistic identity thanks to every one of these legendary bands.

As for the mighty LED ZEPPELIN, they gave a lot to Rock n' Roll's glorious history. With a mighty thunderous explosion, Hard Rock would be played at a different and higher level from the hands and voice of Guitarist Jimmy Page, Vocalist Robert Plant, Bassist John Paul Jones and Drummer John Bonham thus lifting Rock n' Roll to a much higher level unimagined. Rock n' Roll is a much better sounding world thanks to LED ZEPPELIN. LED ZEPPELIN DID AND ALWAYS WILL, MAKE A DIFFERENCE! I would like to personally thank all of the members of LED ZEPPELIN, Jimmy, Robert, John Paul, the late great John and John's son Jason for being more than they were by going beyond themselves in order to create one of Rock n' Roll's most magical sounds. And because of this achievement, LED ZEPPELIN WAS BIGGER THAN ROCK N' ROLL AND LIFE ITSELF. But sadly, as the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end." Even if LED ZEPPELIN never performs again, lets just all be thankful and feel blessed that we are left with a dozen or so, of LED ZEPPELIN albums to listen to and remember them by. Everytime someone plays a LED ZEPPELIN album, their spirit and musical sound will never be forgotten. I have said this before, everytime a new and curious music listener hears the sounds of LED ZEPPELIN, a new fan is born meaning that LED ZEPPELIN is reborn all over again. The evidence lies here on this very LED ZEPPELIN Forum. There are ZEPPELIN fanatics here on the Forum that range from ages 11 to 65. I have conversed with many of you that are in your teens and still have your whole life ahead of you. It really makes me feel great that there are so many young people here on the Forum that were not even born yet during LED ZEPPELIN'S incredible reign and love the same music that I grew up listening to when I was younger. I would really like to thank all of you young people here on the Forum who contribute in keeping LED ZEPPELIN'S lifeforce breathing and keeping their spirit and legacy alive. Thanks to all of you. ROCK ON!

Just wow! Your unbridled enthusiasm never ceases to amaze.

Thanks ZFF for a great post.

John Paul, Jimmy, Robert and John:

I first discovered your band in 1997, when a 12 year-young version of myself happened across a plain black and white album entitled BBC Sessions. Hunched down in the back seat of my parents' car on the way to god-knows where with a portable CD player that skipped twice as much as it played and a set of blown-out headphones, something happened.

Since then I've nearly doubled in age, yet I don't know, nor do I spend time wondering what happened on that day. That something is mine and mine own, and hardly needs justification. Occasionally, when I'm at my lowest, I still find myself grasping that well-worn album... and I can't help but look back and smile.

You fellas may well never know the lengths to which you have influenced my life, but by the slimmest of chances one of you might stumble across this post, thank you.

Regards,

Kevin Jacobs, 23.

Thank you.I can't express how much I love the music of Led Zeppelin.Ask anyone who knows me.My first major concert was at age 13 seeing Robert Plant on the Now and Zen tour with my best friend and his parents.Since then,I have seen every incarnation that the remaining members have been involved in.My greatest night was Oct 27th 1995 at MSG in NYC.Last nite of the Page/Plant tour.That still to this day is my ALLTIME favorite concert.HANDS DOWN.Being born in 73 I was never able to see them in their heyday.I would love to see a reunion tour but it just isn't meant to be.Thats ok Robert.I do understand believe it or not.Ever Onward gentleman.

Thank you again,Robert,Jimmy,John Paul John and Jason.

Zeppelin was the first band I wanted to know every member's name and what they were up to. That say's it all for me. Other bands were just rock music to me. At least when I was younger. They made me love music & musicianship !!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you.I can't express how much I love the music of Led Zeppelin.Ask anyone who knows me.My first major concert was at age 13 seeing Robert Plant on the Now and Zen tour with my best friend and his parents.Since then,I have seen every incarnation that the remaining members have been involved in.My greatest night was Oct 27th 1995 at MSG in NYC.Last nite of the Page/Plant tour.That still to this day is my ALLTIME favorite concert.HANDS DOWN.Being born in 73 I was never able to see them in their heyday.I would love to see a reunion tour but it just isn't meant to be.Thats ok Robert.I do understand believe it or not.Ever Onward gentleman.

Thank you again,Robert,Jimmy,John Paul John and Jason.

That was such an awesome show. I was there, but in the back. I was there the night before too, but in the closing nite they had bellydancers come out on stage and they played rock and roll at the end which they didn't the nite before. Several people threw roses on stage. it was awesome. I just posted somewhere recently that this was my favorite of all of the p/p shows. I saw five that tour. and you are right, HANDS DOWN the best!!! I've got a boot vhs video. pm me if you've never seen it.

Many years ago, I find CDs with that GREAT group. I was so amaze,- before I don't think that music ... can be various. When you hear it, you feel unknow sense.... if you hear another treck- you can also feel various sense.... But I like LZ, firstly- because genious songs...

And I think that never will be another group like Led Zeppelin!

Thank You! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You Led Zeppelin !!!

I'm 64 now and have been watching since day One.

Saw you everytime you came to SanFrancisco area.

My late wife passed in `1980 and road the "Stairway To Heaven".

We loved you then and still and allways will.

congratulations on all the Great work you did then and the Great works you are doing Now !

Keep gettin' them Grammy's !

Hello Mr. Gas:

Welcome to this site. Thank-you for the beautiful tribute to your late wife and sharing your feelings...

Your post sums up the importance of Led Zeppelin.

Thanks to Led Zeppelin for their music..it's been part of my life from my teen years...

This forum is amazing...it has brought us together to share our thoughts, show our appreciation and encourage the remaining members of LZ to keep making the music they chose at this stage of their lives..

Thank-you

Juliet xo

• 2 months later...

It's great to see this thread active still... the thanks continue!

My only hope is that an official DVD of the show will someday be available. The bootlegs are good, but I'd much rather pay the foundation the concert was held for and get a much better quality video of the entire show. Would be great if there were some back stage clips...

My thanks have not lessened over time; they continue to grow as I continue to enjoy the sound track of my life performed by the greatest rock band of all time!

THANK YOU AGAIN LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

If you ever read this:

Gentlemen, I fell in love with you when I was 9. My father was in a club in New Orleans in 1969 and I was standing outside and I heard my first song. I had to beg for two years to get an album but I finally wore my parents out and bought my first vinyl album at 11. Then there was no stopping me. I saw you in 1973 and 1975 in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.I am now 49 and there still is no stopping me. I will be in a rocking chair on a front porch still playing your music. We are LOYAL!

We are begging for you to do at least one more live concert ( with Jason, here's that loyalty again)! It could be intimate with an hour of music then dedicate part of the show for discussion as so many of us have only dreamed of talking with you. For a lot of us you have been in our lives for decades and we have had you in our lives as much as family members. WE LOVE YOU!! We are protective of you out of the deepest RESPECT!

There are no words to describe the many emotions that YOUR MUSIC has given us. I went to practically every concert from every rock band in the 70's and 80's and while there are a lot of great bands...there is only one LED ZEPPELIN! No other band can touch your talent.

Thank You for sharing this amazing gift with us. I love all of the individual music that has come from the three remaining-- and now 40 years later I still haven't heard a drummer like John. Gentlemen there is nothing as magical as when you are together.

If you never do a live concert again we at least have these treasured gifts of MUSIC that you shared with us. I would have to write a novel if I expressed how many times your music has and still does touch my life!

Archived