JPJ Secret Project

Kentuckygirl

Sounds like Jonsey has had enough of Bluegrass:

WWD: What are you working on next?

J.P.J.: I’ve got an album that I produced for an artist called Sara

Watkins, who used to be with Nickel Creek. And I’m working on some

other music, which is more rock based, with a couple of other people.

We hope to be everywhere this summer.

WWD: With whom?

J.P.J.: It’s a secret, actually. I shouldn’t have even said that, you

know? There are some exciting projects coming up, let’s put it that

way

Link to full interview:

http://www.wwd.com/lifestyle-news/eye/john...tories/20090414

It's not Jimmy, Robert or Jason. He's already said no to/with/about them. What a short amount of time to change one's mind, record an album, and start talking about a tour. And besides, Jimmy doesn't play anything "rock-based." It just rocks... B)

Well, even if Jonesy's not collaborating with any of the others, at least he's putting something out (not a dig at Jimmy, BTW). Sounds very exciting. Though, the fact that he said it was a secret is a bit suspect.

Oh, no doubt I'm excited about Jonesy doin' it! But I'm on board with everyone who thinks it's silly to speculate that he's working with Jimmy, and then let it slip out during an interview. My thoughts are that he, and he alone, grooved really well with one of the singers they auditioned a few months ago, and that's why it's a secret. But I'm just thinking outloud. :beer:

It's not Jimmy, Robert or Jason. He's already said no to/with/about them. What a short amount of time to change one's mind, record an album, and start talking about a tour. And besides, Jimmy doesn't play anything "rock-based." It just rocks... B)

Not disagreeing but when did Jonesy say "no" about working with Page and Jason? I haven't heard a word out of him since Peter Mensch issued his denial in January...

Not disagreeing but when did Jonesy say "no" about working with Page and Jason? I haven't heard a word out of him since Peter Mensch issued his denial in January...

SAJ HELP! :sos: I can't remember what thread had the article about Jonesy saying no. And I believe it was a bit sour towards Jimmy. Kinda like, "no, I wont be working with him again." Although that part is fuzzy in my mind. I do know he flat out said no to the project.

Yup - I predict this will be 20 pages of wondering in no time :D

I predict 30+ pages of posts for this one...

He's worked with a ton of varying musicians/types of music over the years...

it could be anyone... (so, if we narrowed it down to those who like to rock:

Dave Grohl, Jason Bonham, Slash, Lenny Kravitz, JP, etc..)

R B)

SAJ HELP! :sos: I can't remember what thread had the article about Jonesy saying no. And I believe it was a bit sour towards Jimmy. Kinda like, "no, I wont be working with him again." Although that part is fuzzy in my mind. I do know he flat out said no to the project.

I have to say, I'm on these boards quite often and never read such a thing. It's possible I missed it but wouldn't it have been a huge thread if Jonesy really made such a comment in reference to Jimmy?...

And that is still not one hundred percent clear.

There's hope!

I truly believe that JPJ, Page & Jason Bonham have been working/rehearsing the entire time...I also believe "that managers" statement made to the press, to the contrary, was nothing more than an attempt to keep the media off their backs, so they could work in peace.

I say that with no inside info, but with a deep suspicion on how it all went down. One day the whole project is a go and the next day they're done forever? Sounds to me like Jimmy wanted to end all the speculation in the press.

Just my two cents...

Summer is not so far from now, let's just wait quietly. B)

Yes. I'm not terribly confident that Jones and his mystery musical partners will tour Europe very soon, but it's great if we do have something (perhaps they release a single :stereo: ) to look forward to.

I have to say, I'm on these boards quite often and never read such a thing. It's possible I missed it but wouldn't it have been a huge thread if Jonesy really made such a comment in reference to Jimmy?...

Admittedly, I think I was reading sourness into the whole, "I won't be working with Jimmy" line. But yes, he said "no" to the project. In fact, I remember people making jokes in the thread like: "Well, even though JPJ has turned it down, people will still find a way to blame Robert."

Unless I dreamt it all. :unsure::wacko:

I promise you, mstork, I'm searching the board high and low for the info.

I truly believe that JPJ, Page & Jason Bonham have been working/rehearsing the entire time...I also believe "that managers" statement made to the press, to the contrary, was nothing more than an attempt to keep the media off their backs, so they could work in peace.

I say that with no inside info, but with a deep suspicion on how it all went down. One day the whole project is a go and the next day they're done forever? Sounds to me like Jimmy wanted to end all the speculation in the press.

Just my two cents...

One of the "insiders" on jimmypageonline is hinting that Page will be on the road later this year, "and not with Jeff Beck". Some of the posters over there can be questionable but this particular guy seems to know what he's talking about. Interesting.

It also wouldn't shock me if Mensch said what he said to let the guys breathe a little. Jimmy has always preferred working under the cloak of mystery!

Admittedly, I think I was reading sourness into the whole, "I won't be working with Jimmy" line. But yes, he said "no" to the project. In fact, I remember people making jokes in the thread like: "Well, even though JPJ has turned it down, people will still find a way to blame Robert."

Unless I dreamt it all. :unsure::wacko:

I promise you, mstork, I'm searching the board high and low for the info.

Well if you find it don't tell me because I'd rather believe it could still happen! :rolleyes:

And if he doesn't hurry up and announce something for the summer it will be, "this is tomorrow!" :D

Tomorrow.....tomorrow......tomorrow..." You have to make it echo off.

I hope Jimmy figures into one of the projects too.

Archived