In Through The Out Door

pevsfreedom

If you hate it you're nt a true Zeppelin fan

sorry guys i was getting a sarcasm icon and apparently i didnt work i didnt really meen that i absolutly hate carsoblama i dont even know how to spell it...a recording of bunnies dieing would have been better than that song

Honestly it's my favorite LZ album. I also think it suffers from 30 years of harsh reviews that make people dislike the album before they've even heard it, it's the LZ album you're told not to like. As a guitarist I truly feel some of Jimmy's best work was done on this album, the fills on "All My Love" , the slashing rhythm of "South Bound Saurez" and the brilliant playing on "Fool in the Rain" . Everyone talks about ITTOD being the "synth" album and yes it played a prominent role but it's the sound of a mature band at the top of their game and getting better. Honestly it's the first four albums I could do without. IMO those are formulaic and do little to separate LZ from everything else that was going on at the same time. I think they were starting to hit their stride with HOTH and were smokin' by Presence.

This was the first Zeppelin album I owned, I got it for my sixteenth birthday (from my older sister) when it first came out in August of 1979, my birthday is 8-28-63!

It was really odd, I was not a true Led Zeppelin fan at that time and was more into ELO than any other band. I think I listened to part the of the first side and went back to one of my string based Jeff Lynn classics.

Then after a friend of mine introduced me to Physical Graffiti not long after that, I went back and found "I'm Gonna Crawl" on the side I skipped.

Big mistake on my part!! Now one of my favorite song's of all time!

And I think "Hot Dog" has one of the biggest hooks (the intro run on the guitar) of all music, ever! The drum beat is typical Bonzo, that is not the "same old same old". I can see them all in the studio with that song, I'll almost bet that it just fell together like water pouring out of a bucket!

To much more to say about that master piece album than there's room to write here!

Bonzolikedrumer

I spell that way because I like it like that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have grown to appreciate the album. It is not one of my favorites, but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy the range of songs and the different sound that they gave it. "Hot Dog" and "Carouselambra" have grown on me and "In The Evening" "All My Love" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" are Zeppelin classics. The album wasn't a masterpiece but after 7 of them......what did people expect? :blink:

It's grown on me over time. I actually really like Hot Dog and South Bound Saurez, they tend to be the most disliked tracks but I think they're really good fun songs. Overall, I probably prefer ITTOD over Presence. It's a good album just not a great one.

Every Zeppelin album has a different sound. But "In the Evening" is classic Zeppelin ingrediants. "I'm Gonna Crawl" is also in the same equation. The cool part about this album is the direction it takes with "Carouselambra". It's not like other Zeppelin albums where you can just pull a track off to get your fix. It is definately best heard as a whole.

No man, when in the right mood, it's a great album.

Very true good point man doesn't ITE sound like a part 2 to ITL everytime i hear Fool In The Rain it always brings a smile to my face no matter my mood. I'm Gonna Crawl and All Of My Love are my favorites off the album. and Carouselambra and hot dog are just fun songs to listen to

ITTOD is an okay album. It's not my favorite, but it's not bad either. I think if they would have added Wearing and Tearing or Ozone Baby or Darlene, it would have been a better album. It needs more guitar-driven songs on it -- I think that's why I don't care for it as much.

Don't get me wrong, though. I do like synth/new-wave stuff, but I don't think it sounds right for Zeppelin. I think that's why I have a love-hate relationship with Carouselambra - because it sounds too new-wave-ish for Zeppelin, but at the same time I like the synth sound because it's so different from anything else they did.

I do know one thing: Hot Dog is the one Zeppelin song I don't like! :D

I'm Gonna Crawl and South Bound Suarez are my favorite songs off of ITTOD.

Hey, I love Hot Dog too Aqua!! :D I really enjoy the whole album.

I love the whole album too but Hot Dog is not my favorite. I do respect their doing the song and venturing into that genre a bit but I can't get behind it. And I love country! Ah well - one song out of an entire catalogue isn't a bad ratio :D

To me, though, it's not really country so much as rockabilly, like some of the stuff Robert did later with his own bands, including the Honeydrippers, and on which he does such a great job of channeling early Elvis. :D

I absolutely love the stuff Robert did with the Honeydrippers etc. but I don't know why Hot Dog just doesn't grab me.

• 1 month later...
I honestly used to despise this album, but now I have come to like most of the tracks on it, especially I'm gonna Crawl, which is one of my fave LZ songs now..but I still despise Fool in the Rain..

Same with me, I used to hate the whole thing, but now Im startin to like In The Evening, Carouselambra, and All My Love (Definatley not one of my favorites though, but its OK)

I can't stand this album. Am I the only one?

I don't understand how you can't stand this album? It's not their best work, but it's far from awful.

In the Evening, Fool in the Rain, Carouslambra, All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl are all good rock songs.

You musn't be a diehard......

Archived