What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

• 3 weeks later...

Here I am again in this damn thread and I hate it. Posting here is a self indulgence but a good way to vent my sorrow.

I am so sad but not as distraught as my friend whose husband has only a couple of days left on this Earth. What was suppose to be a routine stint, which went well, led to complications due to a burst ulcer. He has been fighting for his life these last 2 weeks, in an induced coma, on dialysis and now the word was given today by the doctors that they cannot do anything more for him as the infection has caused too much damage.

They will keep him on the respirator but all other life saving procedures are being stopped.

I holed myself in my room and put In My Time of Dying on, loud, and had myself a good cry to get it out of my system. I suspect these next few days will be difficult for my friend and her family.

wow...........i really really feel sorry about thatsad.gif

ummmmm.......seems i have a lot of people in my life right now who are just......crappy people..........and the things they do just seem .........well.........hard for me to understand...........cuz i can't be that way...........and they are such phonies...........sucks when people you thought were your friends and family are just crap..........i'll never get it, i know.........but i refuse to be that way myself...........just isn't the right way to treat people, so i'll take my grief and struggle through.........hopefullysmile.gif

Here I am again in this damn thread and I hate it. Posting here is a self indulgence but a good way to vent my sorrow.

I am so sad but not as distraught as my friend whose husband has only a couple of days left on this Earth. What was suppose to be a routine stint, which went well, led to complications due to a burst ulcer. He has been fighting for his life these last 2 weeks, in an induced coma, on dialysis and now the word was given today by the doctors that they cannot do anything more for him as the infection has caused too much damage.

They will keep him on the respirator but all other life saving procedures are being stopped.

I holed myself in my room and put In My Time of Dying on, loud, and had myself a good cry to get it out of my system. I suspect these next few days will be difficult for my friend and her family.

I'm so sorry :console:

I HATE WALMART.

So my boyfriend and I buy a fish tank for our sons birthday, and we let it cycle for a week to let good bacteria grow before adding fish. Added water conditioner, and did everything to ensure we had a healthy home for our fish. April 16, we go buy 3 fish, a Koi, a Shebunkin, and a sucker fish. A few days later the shebunkin dies. We think ok, maybe it was just a weak fish or something.

Yesterday, I was looking at the fish, and I notice there are white spots all over the sucker fish, even on his eyes, it was horrible. And the koi is rubbing against stuff like it was scratching or something. After a little research, we find out it's something called ich, or ick. So today, my boyfriend goes out and buys this water treatment,(from walmart might I add). He does a water exchange, cleans the rocks with a special tank vacuum he bought, and treats the water. So a couple hours ago, I go to feed them, and the koi is swimming on its side, not dead yet, but knocking on its door. Needless to say, he was gone within a few minutes. We got pretty fond of him too, he had personality. RIP fishies.

Anyway, my beef here is with walmart. This disease obviously came from there, because our tank was brand new. Not to mention after all the accessories and supplies, we easily spent 80-100 dollars on everything for them to just die. But the worst part is these poor animals are just being stocked like another product of walmart, and no one gives a shit if they're diseased, they'll sell em anyway. I will definitely try to shop somewhere else from now on.

The sucker fish is still alive, any fish owners have any suggestions?

I HATE WALMART.

So my boyfriend and I buy a fish tank for our sons birthday, and we let it cycle for a week to let good bacteria grow before adding fish. Added water conditioner, and did everything to ensure we had a healthy home for our fish. April 16, we go buy 3 fish, a Koi, a Shebunkin, and a sucker fish. A few days later the shebunkin dies. We think ok, maybe it was just a weak fish or something.

Yesterday, I was looking at the fish, and I notice there are white spots all over the sucker fish, even on his eyes, it was horrible. And the koi is rubbing against stuff like it was scratching or something. After a little research, we find out it's something called ich, or ick. So today, my boyfriend goes out and buys this water treatment,(from walmart might I add). He does a water exchange, cleans the rocks with a special tank vacuum he bought, and treats the water. So a couple hours ago, I go to feed them, and the koi is swimming on its side, not dead yet, but knocking on its door. Needless to say, he was gone within a few minutes. We got pretty fond of him too, he had personality. RIP fishies.

Anyway, my beef here is with walmart. This disease obviously came from there, because our tank was brand new. Not to mention after all the accessories and supplies, we easily spent 80-100 dollars on everything for them to just die. But the worst part is these poor animals are just being stocked like another product of walmart, and no one gives a shit if they're diseased, they'll sell em anyway. I will definitely try to shop somewhere else from now on.

The sucker fish is still alive, any fish owners have any suggestions?

As a former aquarium owner, don`t go to Wal-Mart. Look to the local mom and pop pet store.

Remember, the Wal-Mart sales person makes about a dollar above minimum wage.

I only shop there for cat food.

I`m sure Wal-Mart sold you an under-gravel filter, gravel vac, air pumps, the works. with all the miracle cures for ick.

Water exchanges can be a shock to fish, try a 25% water change.

You really need to let the tank "cycle" a few weeks before adding fish, or just one. This establishes the necessary bacteria bed to deal with the nitrogen cycle and ammonia which is deadly to fish and can cause stress that leads to ick.

I assume this is a fresh water tank and the "sucker" fish you descibe is a pleco.

Tough little bastards and can live in toilet water.

Just take it slow, you really don`t need the rocks in the tank unless you keep ciclids, which I`m sure Wal-Mart also sells.

The lighting can also lead to a terrible hair algae out-break, until the tank is settled.

Patience!

Marine aquaruims are the real challenge.

Good luck!

edited for syntax

Edited by Poindexter

As a former aquarium owner, don`t go to Wal-Mart. Look to the local mom and pop pet store.

I`m sure Wal-Mart sold you an under-gravel filter, gravel vac, air pumps, the works with all the miracle cures for ick.

Water exchanges can be a shock to fish, try a 25% water change.

You really need to let the tank "cycle" a few weeks before adding fish, or just one. This establishes the necessary bacteria bed to deal with the nitrogen cycle and ammonia which is deadly to fish and can cause stress that leads to ick.

I assume this is a fresh water tank and the fish you descibe is a pleco.

Tough little bastards and can live in toilet water.

Just take it slow, you really don`t need the rocks in the tank unless you keep ciclids, which I`m sure Wal-Mart also sells.

Marine aquaruims are the real challenge.

Good luck!

Actually it was just a 10% water change. We have a 10 gallon and we exchanged a gallon. The guy at walmart said to just let it cycle 24 hours when we got the tank, but we called an actual pet store and they told us a week. So we did a week. But after we got the fish we went back and looked at the tank it came from, and we noticed one of the fish were missing scales, or they looked bubbly, idk how to explain it. That kind of freaked us out.

The only reason we got them at walmart is our pet store has mostly tropical fish, and the freshwater are expensive compared to walmart. But I guess its a good investment if you don't want them to die.

Thanks for the advice.

Actually it was just a 10% water change. We have a 10 gallon and we exchanged a gallon. The guy at walmart said to just let it cycle 24 hours when we got the tank, but we called an actual pet store and they told us a week. So we did a week. But after we got the fish we went back and looked at the tank it came from, and we noticed one of the fish were missing scales, or they looked bubbly, idk how to explain it. That kind of freaked us out.

The only reason we got them at walmart is our pet store has mostly tropical fish, and the freshwater are expensive compared to walmart. But I guess its a good investment if you don't want them to die.

Thanks for the advice.

A ten gallon tank is really small, hardly any room for the fish to move.

You really need to let it cycle for much long.

Give it a month.

I `ve spent $200 on a fish before and I know whats its like.

I just love Moorish Idols and Regal and Sohal Tangs.

But I`m partial to marine fish and the cost of ligthing is horrible. Imagine spending $100 bucks on a lamp (light bulb) when your tanks takes three.

I hope your fish pulls through, but he/she needs a little breathing room.

Good luck and hope I helped.

Now this is a fish, a Moorish Idol.

Moorish+Idol+Fish.jpg

Wow that is a beautiful fish! But yea, it must be hard investing in something so expensive for something with such a fragile life.

I would really like a koi pond though. I liked our little koi, but they deserve to get full size. If you keep them in a little tank they wont grow as large.

Its not something that truly made me un happy, but...

I went to the beach today and while I was tanning on my belly for about 15 minutes, my mom came and put sunscreen (She wanted me to go with out it for at least 15 minutes to achieve a tan since I was kinda too white :rolleyes: ) So after that she went into the water and I flipped onto my back and totally forgot to put sunscreen on the front side after 15 minutes. So know I have the weirdest tan/ slight burn. My bellys red, my back is red, then normal, than red going up :blink: , and theres a line on my shoulder. But my arms are a great shade :) !

• 3 weeks later...

just found out that the place i rent is going on the market to be sold.

now begins the search for a suitable place that i can afford.... not easy, there's not much around. :unsure:

this will be about the 7th move in about 10 years. damn owners always say that they wont ever sell, but they always do. :angry:

i'm so over moving. :(

now begins the search for a suitable place that i can afford.... not easy, there's not much around. unsure.gif

this will be about the 7th move in about 10 years. damn owners always say that they wont ever sell, but they always do. angry.gif

i'm so over moving. sad.gif

Ouch sad.gif !

now begins the search for a suitable place that i can afford.... not easy, there's not much around. :unsure:

this will be about the 7th move in about 10 years. damn owners always say that they wont ever sell, but they always do. :angry:

i'm so over moving. :(

Have You checked to see if they have any first time homebuyer/low down payment home buyer programs availible in your area?

I'm not familiar with the social programs in you country but they have all types of plans in the US both Federal, State and local.

There's nothing like owning your own place even with the maintenance, insurance and taxes you always know as long as you make

your payments no one is going to put you out plus you will build equity instead of making the landlord rich.

Good luck to you and yours STZ

p.s. in most cases you can purchase a home for near the same as rent.

Edited by Dzldoc

Have You checked to see if they have any first time homebuyer/low down payment home buyer programs availible in your area?

I'm not familiar with the social programs in you country but they have all types of plans in the US both Federal, State and local.

There's nothing like owning your own place even with the maintenance, insurance and taxes you always know as long as you make

your payments no one is going to put you out plus you will build equity instead of making the landlord rich.

Good luck to you and yours STZ

p.s. in most cases you can purchase a home for near the same as rent.

loads and i have both owned homes before ( when we were both married to others ). i have no deposit, and as you know i live week to week. we would much prefer to buy, but i can't see it happening. :(

loads and i have both owned homes before ( when we were both married to others ). i have no deposit, and as you know i live week to week. we would much prefer to buy, but i can't see it happening. :(

Yes it is tough I know, I remember purchasing my home I had to get some help from family and had to sell some of my personal assets in order to come up with the down payment and closing costs, insurance, utillity deposits and other moving costs and they won't let you borrow any of those expenses and you have to prove to the bank where you came up with the funds.

One reason why I can't understand how they let the housing market crash, when I purchased they made me jump through hoops and I had excellent credit :rolleyes:

Hope things work out for y'all :)

Yes it is tough I know, I remember purchasing my home I had to get some help from family and had to sell some of my personal assets in order to come up with the down payment and closing costs, insurance, utillity deposits and other moving costs and they won't let you borrow any of those expenses and you have to prove to the bank where you came up with the funds.

One reason why I can't understand how they let the housing market crash, when I purchased they made me jump through hoops and I had excellent credit rolleyes.gif

Hope things work out for y'all smile.gif

Just to add to that, forget the banking crisis ! When my wife and I bought our first home in 1982,, the interest rate was 22%. I had to put our first born up for colatoral ... biggrin.gif Five yrs later, the interest rate was 10% and the bank was kissing our arses trying to ....help us out... wink.gif Just buy a place no matter how hard it may seem at the moment. Go for it and remember that they aren't making anymore land ! If you can make the payments...don't worry about it

This is on right now and I don't get the channel slapface.gif.

http://www.biography...airingid=565042

I caught the end of it tonight, missed most of it, but I have seen it several times before. No interviews with the guys, but it's a good overall general history of the band. Benji LeFevre made several comments about the band and their music, as well as Heart and Ahmet Ertegun.

The show is scheduled to air again on May 28 at 12 AM if anyone is interested in watching it.

Edited to say: They are showing a Jimi Hendrix bio at 11PM and Led Zepp again at midnight.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC