What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

My best friend's parents are getting divorced. The worst part is that he saw his father making out with another woman in public.

Ouch, I'm sorry :( I learned today that another couple we know has separated; not very many of our married friends are married anymore unfortunately :(

I haven't heard anything from my friend even after I tried to contact her. I told her I wanted to work it out and she hung up on me. I have better things to do with my time. I'm not going to worry about her, karma will take care of it.

Ouch, I'm sorry :( I learned today that another couple we know has separated; not very many of our married friends are married anymore unfortunately :(

I read somewhere every fourth couple is divorced. :(

The thing I'm annoyed with is that his mom is puling her son into all that stuff and he needs to focus on the other things... the divorce is something between parents. <_<

Found out yesterday that my mother in law has ovarian cancer. She goes for a consult at the cancer clinic on Tues.

Sorry to hear that buddy, I'll have to reciprocate some of those good vibes thrown my way.

The medical advancements we have today are giving people much more hope as well as a much better cure rate.

If they can remove most of it surgically then the treatments are much more successful.

I'll be starting back with my treatments on the 4th.

I wish the best for you and yours ally. :)

Yes we make poor decisions in the beginning and the clock starts right away :(

I really believe that what makes a relationship last is not what we both like but what we dislike, if you can't get along with our dislikes then what you like is pointless.

Sorry to hear that buddy, I'll have to reciprocate some of those good vibes thrown my way.

The medical advancements we have today are giving people much more hope as well as a much better cure rate.

If they can remove most of it surgically then the treatments are much more successful.

I'll be starting back with my treatments on the 4th.

I wish the best for you and yours ally. :)

Thanks Charles and thank you to all that have responded.

Some of you will know that she has not been well for a couple of month's now and I suppose our worst fears have been realized. She is a very strong person and we are a very strong family so there will be no shortage of love and support for her. Once she has had her consult we will all be able to figure out just what is needed and how to handle those needs. Yes Charles, the treatments have come a long way and we are hopefull that this has been diagnosed early enough.

As for positive vibes coming back this way, I can honestly say that all of you have done that already. :) It is very much appreciated. Thanks so much

Charles, the 4th is the beginning of the tail end of your treatments. As alway's, I look forward to hearing from you

ally, so sorry to hear that. :( hope things go well for her.

charles, best wishes for the 4th :wave:

and charles, you may be right with what you said about being able to get along with your partners dislikes. i think if you can respect your partners favourite things ( and most hated things ) without necessarily agreeing, then you will be ok. my partner and i are SO alike it's not funny, we agree on most things. but if we find something the other happens to not agree with, well that's ok, and sometimes it really broadens your mind to take a second look at something you previously dosmissed.

am i making any sense? :unsure::)

ally, so sorry to hear that. :( hope things go well for her.

charles, best wishes for the 4th :wave:

and charles, you may be right with what you said about being able to get along with your partners dislikes. i think if you can respect your partners favourite things ( and most hated things ) without necessarily agreeing, then you will be ok. my partner and i are SO alike it's not funny, we agree on most things. but if we find something the other happens to not agree with, well that's ok, and sometimes it really broadens your mind to take a second look at something you previously dosmissed.

am i making any sense? :unsure::)

Yup :D

ally, dzldoc, I'm sending my best vibes, prayers, thoughts, etc. to you both! ;)

Thank You Fan S

Slave, I understand what you are saying and agree with Charles point .

Hearing about the body of a little boy being found in a canal up in Boise (Mandy's neck of the woods)

and it is probably the missing eight year old they've been searching for for a week.

Crazy parents <_< , not accusing, but it's sure a fishy case.

^yup.

I've been following that story very closely. He's been topic of many, many text messages among my family and friends.

They haven't positively identified the body yet, but they said it was a "young" male, the same height and weight of the missing boy--and there are NO other missing kids that have been reported in the Boise area.

This has been the biggest missing child case in Boise for A LONG TIME. I know the brother of the kid's mother's boyfriend, he was actually on the news the other day talking about it.

Seriously, the City of Boise is a small(er) city that's still got a small-town feel, so when something like this happens, the entire community puts effort into making the world a better place.

They've had over 3K volunteers out searching for him. A 9-day long candle-light vigil was set up outside his mother's apartment complex.

Hotplant--the spot they pulled him from is nearby my mother's home. She lives outside of Boise. On the news, they said it's almost completely impossible that the little boy's body would have traveled that far (from Boise to Kuna, which is quite a distance). He was found more than 13 miles away from the immediate area where his mother lived, though the canal runs near the apartments she lives in.

To give you a better idea of what Boise is like, just a week ago, a man whose family got a brand-new Extreme Makeover home about two years ago (who lives outside of Boise) got a (hopefully) life-saving surgery entirely funded by donations because his health insurance company wouldn't agree to pay for it. He has cluster headaches, which are said to the worst medical pain known to man, and are also called "suicide headaches," and it caused him to have to drop out of school and be let go from his job because he wasn't able to function. The Boise community was able to collect more than $100K to get this guy the medical attention he needs.

This is why I love living in Boise. Yes, it's a small(er) city, but things like that make this place home.

Edited by manderlyh

Yeah, I even feel like it's "part of our woods" just from growing up, kind of like a sister city.

I saw the map of the distance between and I saw a report tonight about a guy living close to the canal, who's SUV cadaver dogs hit on. He claims it was stolen two days before the boy went missing and then "reappeared" they dug up his backyard before the body was found. hmmm.

I hope justice is served up for the poor kid.

Yeah, Boyz is cool...(teasing!) Hell if Neil Young opened his tour there....well...*sniff, sniff* :(

;)

Didn't exactly have the greatest weekend, especially when this :heartbreaker: happens to you.

I'm sorry, Roxie. :(:console2: Hope the rest of your week goes better. Hey, we always have the music, right? :beer:

PS: I'm off to watch our beloved four virtuosos perform Achilles Last Stand from Knebworth 30 years ago. Something about that number, dunno what, kinda always kills the blues for me. :)

Edited by Fan_S.

Yeah, I even feel like it's "part of our woods" just from growing up, kind of like a sister city.

I saw the map of the distance between and I saw a report tonight about a guy living close to the canal, who's SUV cadaver dogs hit on. He claims it was stolen two days before the boy went missing and then "reappeared" they dug up his backyard before the body was found. hmmm.

I hope justice is served up for the poor kid.

Yeah, Boyz is cool...(teasing!) Hell if Neil Young opened his tour there....well...*sniff, sniff* :(

;)

Yes, the whole backyard thing is strange. They aren't letting too many details out, which is confusing many people. I really would like to be a fly on the wall in the police headquarters/FBI meetings, etc. The FBI is involved, and now so are three different police agencies.

SLC has better shopping than Boise. ;)