Jimmy's Book: VERY Limited Edition!

mstork

Just received the same email from Genesis. My partner has bought me the book for my birthday which is in September, so the publication dates works out well for me. Something to look forward to. B)

It seems that Jimmy is putting a lot of time and effort into the book, the perpetual perfectionist that he is, which I'm sure we all appreciate.

• 3 weeks later...

I received an email today from Genesis. I guess they haven't sold out of the 2150 collector copies yet.

So they are adding more photos/manuscript and delaying the shipping date to September. I'm gonna say they delay it once more. It may come out with Jimmy's new music due to be released this year!

(just pickin')

Maid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would anyone who is interested in buying the book, and has not done so yet, please note that in the Sunday Times Article of 22 August, it is stated as being available, with free p & p, at the Sunday Times Bookshop for £395. This is cheaper than was stated in Genesis Publications email sent last week to anyone who registered with them. (they were also charging for p & p)

It seems a shame for those who have already been invoiced by Genesis for postage and packaging.

I've now had the time to read the Sunday Times article of 22/08 more closely, and on page 24 it states that the book is "...... short on words...."

I saw some proofs on another site. One caption is 'Here I am at Boleskine, planting my begonias'. I kid you not.

Am I the only one who thinks that's sort of amazing? I hope it is a color photo, so we can see them in all their glory! I'm only sort of kidding... I mean, do like begonias.

I saw some proofs on another site. One caption is 'Here I am at Boleskine, planting my begonias'. I kid you not.

• 2 weeks later...

Additional photos from the upcoming book published by the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/arts/music/08page.html?_r=1

JUMPPAGE1-articleLarge.jpg

Thanks for the article. Nice little interview with Jimmy. Glad the book focuses on just the music and is the way it should be. We don't need another tabloid like book. But since Jimmy had complete control over the book, I'm sure it's great. Just a little steep in the price for me.

Archived