Jimmy Page to Release New Material this Year

The Pagemeister

If his output had ceased totally in 1980, his body of work to that point would still massively outstrip that of any other exponent of the genre, before or since.

He's a wonderful guitarist, one of the best-ever rock guitarists, but this strikes me as somewhat inflated.

Oh, and Flyingzepp, why does Jimmy have more "credibility" than Buddy Miller? :huh: They both have a heck of a lot of credibility in the eyes of most guitarists I know.

I really gotta explain???

Buddy Miller is a excellent guitar player, no doubt. But i dont think everyone is anticipating and getting excited about a new Buddy Miller album. Jimmy has left a bigger stamp, impression, nich, etc. etc. on the music world, very few would disagree. Credibility, I respect buddy a lot, Jimmy is more well rounded & respected by guitar players in general. Now, I'm not one to play any 'popularity' game, Doesn't matter to me how popular someone is over another. But in this Criteria, Page is way more recognizable than Buddy Miller. Thats sorta how it is man.

Well, yeah, you do gotta explain. What have the qualities you described got to do with their credibility as musicians? You can't hear that Buddy Miller is an excellent guitarist, albeit in a different mold from Page? They've both got musical cred dripping from every pore, far as I'm concerned, got nothing to do with how many people are getting excited about a new album (thought you said you weren't playing the popularity game?).

Sorry guys, I'm a guitar player & im well educated on The topic. Jimmy Page will always produce better Riffs & sense of melody than Buddy Miller, Joe Bonamassa, and the foo fighter guy. Just the way it is.

Are you this boring in real life or do you just save it up special for the Internet?

Are you this boring in real life or do you just save it up special for the Internet?

Can't say I agree with saying anything negative about anyone in a public arena. But .... Billy, I love the quote. That must be THE QUOTE OF THE MONTH. :P

biggrin.gif ...does anyone remember laughter?

In my defense I just couldn't take another Jimmy Page vs. Buddy Miller post.

It's OK, I've quit now. I'm trying to decide whether to resume cynical mode or go off and watch the football. (No contest.)

Who is Barney Miller? I thought that was a 70s cop show.

Is he as good as Earl Scruggs?

Do you get big yucks in real life with this material or do you save your best stuff for the Internet?

I'm sure Page is deeply concerned he's not exciting his deriders. Since Jimmy is a master composer, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume he's writing his own material and not playing someone else's shit. I never count the guy out.

I agree with you. I will never count Jimmy out. :notworthy: The man is my hero in the music world. I personally prefer to keep a positive faith in his musical genius.

Whatever,to each his own.

• 2 weeks later...

Interview with Jimmy- audio only

http://guitarless.co...ic-pretty-soon/

Straight from "the horses mouth", so to speak.

He sounds very determined to make it happen!

He said that it is not recorded yet.

The project sounds like it will be very exciting and cutting edge!

For Jimmy's sake, I hope that it turns out to be fantastic. And I know that it will!

Good Luck and Best Wishes to Jimmy with this endeavor!

Straight from "the horses mouth", so to speak.

He sounds very determined to make it happen!

He said that it is not recorded yet.

The project sounds like it will be very exciting and cutting edge!

For Jimmy's sake, I hope that it turns out to be fantastic. And I know that it will!

Good Luck and Best Wishes to Jimmy with this endeavor!

It's also encouraging to know that Jimmy is not one to take up residence in a studio. We all know the stories about LZ I and Presence being recorded in a matter of weeks.

Archived