Jimmy Page to Release New Material this Year

The Pagemeister

jimmy-page_outrider.jpg

Led Zeppelin guitar god Jimmy Page has revealed to BBC 6Music that he is working on new material in the studio to be released this year. The project will mark Page’s first studio appearance since Jerry Lee Lewis’s Last Man Standing in 2006 and his first album since his 1998 collaboration with Robert Plant, Walking into Clarksdale.

“I'm just looking forward to making some music and surprising people with it,” he said. “It won't be just teaming up with lots of people who are [big] names. I've got an idea of something which I've had for a long time and now's the time to do it.”

READ MORE

I'll be happpy to hear what he played in "It Might Get Loud," after he finishes the songs. I think he sounds better than ever, to hear his unique sound and style in the movie, even in small clips, was special.

Can't wait, best news of the year. I can't imagine what he is planning though. I was expecting an album with a bunch of A-List rock singers, but perhaps not. Exciting.

For the first time this seems real. He certainly has talked about it more than at anytime. Usually he comes out once a year with a statement. This time it seems like he has spoken on three or four occasions about it since the end of 2009. I think he goes with a power trio and doesn't bother with a vocalist.....will give him more flexibility and a larger library of songs to choose from in live performance.

For the first time this seems real. He certainly has talked about it more than at anytime. Usually he comes out once a year with a statement. This time it seems like he has spoken on three or four occasions about it since the end of 2009. I think he goes with a power trio and doesn't bother with a vocalist.....will give him more flexibility and a larger library of songs to choose from in live performance.

I agree!

This is seriously VERY exciting, I nearly fainted when I heard the clip of him actually saying it.

I wonder what style the album could be in? Blues? Big mix like classic LZ album? Eitherway, I'll buy it.

“I can’t tell you what it is. If you do that sort of thing — say, when there’s a sort of supergroup sort of thing, I’m not going to do that. I did that at the 02. But, you know, you have four members and people automatically think what it’s going to be like, and if they know too much up front it can be really disappointing. I’ve see that happen on a number of occasions. So I’d rather keep what I’m doing very quiet. I’ve always done that, to be honest with you. It seems to be the best way to go about things.”

Does his new management know what he is doing? Is he corporate managed or is there an individual whom is handling the Grand Sorcerer? Or are they blindly believing in Jimmy "Led Zeppelin" Page?

Reads like Mr. James Patrick does not want to get put in a box with any expectations. I believe that Jimmy Page will release a music album this year according to his past quotable statements. It would be interesting to know why he busted up with Peter Mensch.

One possible title for this project "The Boy who cries wolf"

Very funny!!!!

I'm with you on this...It's half way through the year and were supposed to believe a new cd will be out within the next 6 months?? I doubt it! How about a definite release date?...Oh I got it, maybe he did some stuff for a movie soundtrack...I guess technically that would be new AND this year :rolleyes:

Watching his last few performances (It might Get Loud DVD) and RNRHOF with Jeff Beck last year, my bet is on a mostly instrumental album a la Link Wray (since that seemed to be the standout inspiration for him as of recent for the movie). He has been seen wearing a leather jacket like Link did in a lot in promo pix and appearances, too. :)

http://www.wraysshack3tracks.com/openingpage.html

R B)

I am very excited about this, something more focused than what the other zeps are doing, the crooked vultures are cool but starting to tire the mind, Robert is in a great space but the country music is getting sleepy, Jason's my led zep thing is a great tribute to his father but a new JIMMY PAGE album that is a whole nuther animal.

Actually, a more appropriate title would be "All You Cynical Pricks Can Kiss My Ass".

It's a little long, but very memorable.

Ok, so if, IF, Jimmy puts out NEW material this year, us cynics can kiss his ass.

But what if he doesn't?

I'll keep my belt unbuckled and be ready to drop them.

Fair is fair, right? :)

Does his new management know what he is doing? Is he corporate managed or is there an individual whom is handling the Grand Sorcerer? Or are they blindly believing in Jimmy "Led Zeppelin" Page?

According to the link below JP's with Robbie Williams management company IE.

http://ledzeppelin.rockzillatv.com/led-zeppelins-jimmy-page-celebrated-at-mojo-awards-bbc-news/

Archived