Happy Birthday John Paul Jones

Reggie29

Happy 65th Birthday John!

I look forward to hearing more music from you this year. TCV was amazing (especially live) - music, band and shows that my husband and I and our son and his girlfriend all shared a passion for.

I've never forgotten how gracious you were when I was a young teen and approached you and asked for your autograph. I handed you the only thing I had: a 19-cent blue Bic pen. While you were in the middle of signing your name, the pen I handed you stopped working. I was so embarrassed but you just smiled, shook the pen a little, changed the angle, and continued signing your autograph for me. All these years later, I treasure that autograph and the memory of how nice you were.

I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful day!

Fondly,

~MSG

What a lovely story MSG. JPJ is a true gentleman. ;)

What a lovely story MSG. JPJ is a true gentleman. ;)

Thanks, Magic. In retrospect, it would have been so easy for JPJ to just walk by and ignore us, or look over and simply shake his head or wave his hand. Really lovely of him to take the time. Of course, that was also a long, long time ago (before the assassination of Lennon) when it was safer, in many ways, for rock stars to interact with their fans.

Happy 65th Birthday John!

I look forward to hearing more music from you this year. TCV was amazing (especially live) - music, band and shows that my husband and I and our son and his girlfriend all shared a passion for.

I've never forgotten how gracious you were when I was a young teen and approached you and asked for your autograph. I handed you the only thing I had: a 19-cent blue Bic pen. While you were in the middle of signing your name, the pen I handed you stopped working. I was so embarrassed but you just smiled, shook the pen a little, changed the angle, and continued signing your autograph for me. All these years later, I treasure that autograph and the memory of how nice you were.

I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful day!

Fondly,

~MSG

I think this is probably (by far) the best birthday greeting in honour of Jonesy! :thumbsup:

BTW, MSG, thank you so much for sharing that awesome story of how you managed to get Jonesy's autograph! I really enjoyed reading it! :thanku:

I think this is probably (by far) the best birthday greeting in honour of Jonesy! :thumbsup:

BTW, MSG, thank you so much for sharing that awesome story of how you managed to get Jonesy's autograph! I really enjoyed reading it! :thanku:

Thank you, Kiwi Zep...that's so sweet of you. I wouldn't have that awesome story to share if it weren't for Jonesy...so we really have him to thank. :)

• 11 months later...

Another year, and though it's not January 3 in the US yet I thought we would get this party started so everyone can wish this wonderful man a great birthday. A man who just defines class IMHO.

I am still in awe at how brilliant he is as a musician. Even though he was the quiet one, there would not be Led Zeppelin as we know without him. I could literally write pages on how much I think of this man and his talent. :notworthy:

HAPPY 66TH JOHN PAUL JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :birthday: :yay:

Happy Birthday Mr. Jones!

Here's to one of the smoothest cats around and a multi-talented individual..Led Zeppelin's secret weapon. What do you get the man who has it all?

Looking forward to hearing the next musical venture John Paul Jones is involved with.

Happy Birthday JPJ!! I hope you have a fantastic day and thank you for all you have given to us!! :thumbsup:

I agree with Strider, he is/was Zeppelin's "secret weapon" - one of the most underrated musicians of the last 50 years......amazing!

Archived