Jason, you should be PROUD.

LZO2Hall.jpg

I teared up when I saw this pic. I just read that one of Jason's mates from Foreigner said that Jason was nearly sick with fear before the gig. I love how Robert and Jimmy seem to be supporting him - physically and emotionally - in this pic. Yes, Jason should be incredibly proud. His is a brilliant drummer. Bonzo would be proud.

Having worked as hard as he did, and having read about how his relationship developed with the band it could only be perfect But man, did he strike with THE hammer or what? I knew he would be great and I knew that he would be awesome and all of that.

But having watched the clips.... it was just beautiful!

I bet he was nervous...playing with Led Zeppelin for the first time they've truly really played since John's death. Everything could have gone wrong, but Jason nailed it and played extremely well.

I can't believe anyone would ever have thought Jason wouldn't be good enough - although I wished I'd seen him play last night, I have seen him play in the past both with Foreigner in 06 and Paul Rodgers a few years ago.

When I saw him with Rodgers, he even looked just like his Dad - and his playing was unforgettable. He must be one of the hardest working drummers in rock, he (dare I say it) is maybe even better than his Dad was (he has spent years studying him, after all) - and I'm sure Bonzo will have looked down on last night with a huge, proud grin!

Way to go Jason, you made it real. that was stunning. I'll let you know when the ringing stops and i get my ears back :D

The spirit of your father raged within you tonight, the power and accuracy was like that of a controlled explosion - unbelievable!

Your father would be proud of you, mate, I know everyone else is. You grew up wanting to be a bike rider, and your dad, was proud of you then. But to know that his son would grow up one day, taking his place, and completely blow away people's minds, I think would have made him the happiest man in the world.

You were superb and so was everyone, the whole gig was just tremendous!! Well done!

After the final song (Rock and Roll) and after taking their final bows, Jason got down on his knees and bowed down in worship fashion to Robert, Jimmy and Jonesy. He was quickly pulled to his feet by Jimmy and Robert.

Jason, it us and they who should be bowing down to you. You nailed it. You may have been waiting all your professional career for this day, but when the time came you did not let us down. Your dad would indeed have been proud. He was probably looking down with a huge grin whilst suppin' a pint of mild!!

Amazing!

Dear Pilot of the Storm..........this is so amazing. I thank you for this. I would have cried most of the time i think....out of excitment and just emotional ovewhelmed!!!!

and indeed he sure did nail it.........i'm still stunned by the whole thing.

And LZ are on the front cover of Sacramento Bee saying The Zeppelin flies again with rave reviews for all.

Madi

out of all the smiling faces on stage, in the crowd and those around the world listening to every nerve-biting detail, no one in this universe was smiling as much as this guy last night...

jbonham11.jpg

RIP Bonzo, the young lad did you proud.

Amen.

Today, I called one of my friends from back in my Zep days and tried to describe to her what I had read about how Jason genuflected toward Jimmy and Robert at the end of the show. I broke down in tears before I could get to the part where they lifted him up.

Well done Jason.

R.I.P. Bonzo

out of all the smiling faces on stage, in the crowd and those around the world listening to every nerve-biting detail, no one in this universe was smiling as much as this guy last night...

jbonham11.jpg

RIP Bonzo, the young lad did you proud.

dear bigstickbonzo;

oh my God.....this is so moving...emotional ............thank you

RIP sweet John B.

God Bless

Jason if by chance see this, you made your dad in heaven smile just like that! And you are a remarkably brave and talented drummer!!!

Madison

Kashmir was absolutely fabulously done by all, especially Jason. I am still upset that I wasn't there, and the curtain went down 24 hours ago. I've been brooding all day. My husband is sick of me whining on about it.

Jason is the key that unlocks the door for Robert Plant to agree to a tour. He is missing link to make Robert comfortable to truly become Led Zeppelin, not just for one night only. The time is ripe, Robert. It's now or never. Bonzo would want it that way.

The spirit of your father raged within you tonight, the power and accuracy was like that of a controlled explosion - unbelievable!

Your father would be proud of you, mate, I know everyone else is. You grew up wanting to be a bike rider, and your dad, was proud of you then. But to know that his son would grow up one day, taking his place, and completely blow away people's minds, I think would have made him the happiest man in the world.

You were superb and so was everyone, the whole gig was just tremendous!! Well done!

Saw the clips and Jason, your father and the fans are proud. Zeppelin is once more complete with a Bonham on the drums. Simply awesome.

Anolte

Memphis, TN

Kashmir was absolutely fabulously done by all, especially Jason. I am still upset that I wasn't there, and the curtain went down 24 hours ago. I've been brooding all day. My husband is sick of me whining on about it.

Jason is the key that unlocks the door for Robert Plant to agree to a tour. He is missing link to make Robert comfortable to truly become Led Zeppelin, not just for one night only. The time is ripe, Robert. It's now or never. Bonzo would want it that way.

well said...re: tour i know they don't want to be pushed (well Robert doesn't)....but I agree!

and my whole family and friends are now sick and tired of me whining about not being able to go to that show!!! i thought i'd be long over it by now.....but during work and every minute I was thinking of what a concert i missed.

oh yeh, someone else mentioned his mom must be proud too!! She must have been there for the concert.

Archived