Server Problems

Reggie29

Hey Sam,

I tried to log in a few times over the last 24 hours and I kept getting a 404 message.

It has been up and down a couple of times in the last hour.

Are you doing maintenance or an upgrade of sorts?

Cheers,

Reg

I thought at first I must have done something on my end! :o

I think the problem occured about 3:00 am last night Eastern Time.

That's when I received the screen saying there was a hosting/server problem.

Prior to that it was fine. Then, later in the day the message changed to the 404 error one.

Glad that they were able to get things going again. Thank-you Sam webmaster. :yay:

...................missy

I was having the same problem...couldn't access the board all day and I thought it was either the board had crashed or I was banned.

I even sent an email to the webmaster.

Then around 6pm PST the board appeared but when I signed in to post it wrnt right back to the server error screen.

I was going to a film noir double-bill at the Egyptian theatre and it just ended so I checked my phone and voila! The board is back.

Raise your hand everybody who thought you'd been banned. :D

:o:lol:

ME! I was sitting there thinking......ok let me see...what did I post last? Was it That bad? Then I remembered it was only one post about Buffalo Springfield....nothing even naughty or raunchy. Still I kept checking back every now and then and thought...oh well.

:unsure:

Not quite the computer savvy group here huh?

All you have to do to check a website's accessibility is go to it from different proxy's. If you're unable to view doing this, then you can be assured the site is down, not your IP blocked.

Simple.

We all knew the site was down.

It was quite obvious from the messages.

The other comments were in jest!

Welcome to the forum.

Most likely it was either bad software maintenance was applied, hacker attacked the server with a virus or a hardware issue. In either case, I would also say most likely the forum is on a different server then the rest of this site simply because the end users(meaning us) have access to upload. So even though, the forum was unavailable the rest of the site was which is good practice by industry standards. I took this opportunity and discovered some really cool stuff in the "Timeline section" of the site and seen photos and info like you could have seen the Mighty Zep for a dollar on the same bill with B.B King in Central Park NYC or with Buddy Guy at Flushing Meadows Park NYC in 69. Also checked out the Discropgraphy section and listened to interviews i had never heard before like Robert's lyric's for Hots on for NoWhere were written when he was totally pissed of at Jimmy and Peter. This site is just awesome for the wealth of info and the way it is presented is 2nd to none!!

Kudos Led-Zeppelin.com for a job well done!!! :thumbsup:

Would seem to be something other than a "server" problem though as the other pages were functional.

I don't see any explanation for the cause. Do you suppose there will be?

Oh and thanks.

Most likely it was either bad software maintenance was applied, hacker attacked the server with a virus or a hardware issue. In either case, I would also say most likely the forum is on a different server then the rest of this site simply because the end users(meaning us) have access to upload. So even though, the forum was unavailable the rest of the site was which is good practice by industry standards. I took this opportunity and discovered some really cool stuff in the "Timeline section" of the site and seen photos and info like you could have seen the Mighty Zep for a dollar on the same bill with B.B King in Central Park NYC or with Buddy Guy at Flushing Meadows Park NYC in 69. Also checked out the Discropgraphy section and listened to interviews i had never heard before like Robert's lyric's for Hots on for NoWhere were written when he was totally pissed of at Jimmy and Peter. This site is just awesome for the wealth of info and the way it is presented is 2nd to none!!

Kudos Led-Zeppelin.com for a job well done!!! :thumbsup:

I did the same thing - look into other areas of the site that I previously hadn't. Great site Sam, glad things are back the "normal" - whatever that means!! ;)

Archived