Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

I bolded the important points. Let the conspiracy theorists hang themselves with their own rope. It's entertainment for the rest of us. Deathers, birthers, truthers......they're all fruits from the same cracked-out, brain-addled tree.

You never replied to my post to you, #181,? Why is that? Did what I say ring true and you were afraid to reply? Most of US know that you like to bicker and argue with alot of people on this website's forum(s). Me, personally, I love a good challenge and debate. So I will post here again what I said and YOU were to reluctant to reply to:

You know what sickens me is people like you, electrophile, and aquamarine who seem to enjoy putting down Americans because of the love that WE profess for OUR country. (Your country too).

I have stated that I am and will always be a PROUD and LOYAL AMERICAN. I have stated this months ago on this forum (actually MY whole life) and you denigrated me back then. This is a direct quote from you to me back on February 14, 2011.

"So take the American flag out of your ass, wipe the face paint off, and look in the mirror. It's people like you that make people around the world hate us. So good going, genius."

You said this to me when I posted a reply to the topic, Thank You Middle East for?... I said then and I still say now, FUCK YOU Middle East, I would not want to thank that region of the World for nothing. If anyone chooses go back and read my post, #39, to that topic and then read the post #41 by Walesdad. (I would rather thank Walsedad than the fucking Middle East).

Back to your post. Why does it bother you if "People are only patriotic in this country anymore when they can use it to assert superiority over another person or country"? At least they are Patriotic. I have a very strong feeling that YOU are not Patriotic at all. I am positive that I am not the only one who thinks that. It seems that the only thing you do love about the United States of America is the right to free speech. Anonymous speech at that. So why don't you fucking relax and not disparage others because of their love for their country.

Osama bin Laden is dead. Killed by AMERICAN SPECIAL FORCES by bullets made in AMERICA. I would love to meet the man that killed him and shake his hand and really say "Thank You". I bet you would love to meet him and spit in his face.

By the way, I would like to thank you for calling me a "Genuis" and Yes I can name my local Congressmen and the two Texas Senators (and the Governor) if it matters to you which it does not.

This post has been edited by lzzoso: Yesterday, 04:33 AM

lzzoso, how far does your family go back in the US?

Not that it matters but both of my parents and their parents were born in the United States of America, in the Great State of TEXAS, to be exact. I was born in Galveston, Texas. I have lived in Texas, Missouri (St. Louis), and New Jersey (Hillsborough). I came back to Texas and now reside in Plano, Texas, a great city (suburb) of Dallas, Texas.

Even if my parents were fresh off the boat (which, like I said, they are not), I would still have MY strong feelings for the U.S.A. My LOVE for MY country goes back to my earliest childhood memories.

Why fellow Americans seem to "bash" and "dishonor" their OWN country really amazes me. I realize it is okay (and sometimes right) to question the Government. However, some people like electrophile and aquamarine, seem to revel in their "hatred" and "disgust" for the United States of America, the country that I presume they were born in and still live. Maybe they dislike the U.S. because the government cut-off their welfare and food stamp benefits.

Trying to have an reasonable, coherent conversation with this person is next to impossible. Perhaps if those flash cards were dipped in day-glo paint it might be possible but even then, I very highly doubt it.

Oh, Go day glo , hahahahhahahahahahhahahah......ME AND MY GF ARE HAVING THE DAY OF OUR LIFE LAUGHING!!!:):):):):):)

Edited by spidersandsnakes

Thanks again for the reply,but once again nothing in your answer backs up your statement about the west exporting corruption to the middle east.I am not harping on about this to be pedantic,you made a statement and I am truly interested in what facts or opinions draw you to come to the conclusion you have.I want to know.Of course you don't have to explain more if you choose not to,as you've said above,but I'd like to know all the same.I'll not post again on this topic,so the floor is yours.Good luck to you and yours.

Thanx....good luck to u 2.....oh, my GF is taking care of that book on PS you mentioned....thanx for asking:):)!

You should say Amen to the fact that you didn't get banned for the post you generated on my person....I repeat: "it's you or me........."!!:):):):)

Hope it's you :) :)

Osama bin Laden is dead, move on.

He can only die once.

Frankly I don't think there is any place for humour on this thread given it is about a person who orchestrated the deaths of over 3000 people from many countries who was killed, apparently unarmed.

BTW, killing with intent is Murder. no matter whether he deserved it or not.

To all the Red Necks and Conspiracy Theorists pounding your chests and bleating, get over yourselves, the whole jingoistic / doubt thing is fast becoming tedium.

I haven't seen too many posts here offering well wishes to the victims of that tragic event known as 9/11 who undoubtedly have been reliving the experience since day one.

To the victims and their families friends I say peace to you all and and may you find closure.

Lest We Forget.

Edited by Reggie29

I agree with you Reggie. As I said in my first post on this thread, the death of Bin Laden means justice for all those who lost loved ones on 9/11. Something a lot of members here seem to be overlooking.

However, Al-Qaeda, or at least some variant of it, will continue, and as allies Britain and the US should focus on dealing with that.

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

My view is that a lot of people in this thread are speaking as if nothing has happened between 9/11 and now. THOUSANDS have been killed since then in this "War On Terror" - I guess because it hasn't been on OUR soil it has been easier not to notice it.

Liberals like Liz will then seek to prosecute those responsible for his death. :slapface:

Did I call my shot & hit a grand slam or what? Here ya go, less than 72 hours later:

The killing of bin Laden: Was it legal?

By Alan Silverleib, CNN Author

May 5, 2011 1:44 a.m. EDT

Attorney General Eric Holder told members of the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday that the U.S. raid on bin Laden's compound was lawful "as an act of national self-defense."

"He was the head of al Qaeda, an organization that had conducted the attacks of September the 11th," Holder said. "It's lawful to target an enemy commander in the field."

The raid on Obama's compound "was conducted in a manner fully consistent with the laws of war," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters. Carney declined to offer specifics, but said "there is simply no question that this operation was lawful. ... (Bin Laden) had continued to plot attacks against the United States." "The authority (during the raid) was to kill bin Laden," CIA Director Leon Panetta said Tuesday during an interview with PBS. "Obviously, under the rules of engagement, if he had in fact thrown up his hands, surrendered, and didn't appear to be representing any kind of threat, then they were to capture him. But they had full authority to kill him."

A number of experts have said the question of actual legality may come down to bin Laden's response at the moment U.S. Navy SEALs burst into his room.

"If a person has his hands in the air, you're not supposed to kill him," said Steven Groves, a fellow at the conservative Heritage Foundation.

U.S. officials have revised their account of what happened during the assault on the compound in Pakistan. Bin Laden was not armed during the 40-minute raid, they now say, but he put up resistance to U.S. forces.

The al Qaeda leader was moving at the time he was initially shot, according to a U.S. official who has seen military reports of the incident. The official declined to describe the movements more specifically.

Asked if bin Laden tried to grab a weapon or physically attack a commando, the official would say only that "he didn't hold up his hands and surrender."

Officials earlier claimed that bin Laden was an active participant in the firefight that erupted, implying that he was armed and gave the SEALs little choice but to shoot him.

Groves, citing the Geneva Conventions and international humanitarian law, said that, based on the most recent White House account, "there is nothing to indicate anything illegal happened."

Bin Laden, considered a combatant by virtue of his position as head of al Qaeda, needed to immediately make clear a desire to surrender, if that was his decision, in order to avoid being shot. That apparently didn't happen, Groves said.

"The United States offered bin Laden the possibility to surrender, but he refused," Martin Scheinin, the United Nations' special rapporteur for human rights, said Tuesday. "Bin Laden would have avoided destruction if he had raised a white flag."

Geoffrey Robertson, a human rights lawyer who has defended WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange among others, made clear that international law requires any killing to be done in self-defense.

If members of the SEAL team "reasonably (believed there was) a risk to themselves, then the killing was justified," Robertson asserted. But given the changing White House account of the raid, "there needs to be an inquiry," he said.

Cherif Bassiouni, head of DePaul University's International Human Rights Law Institute and a former U.N. war crimes investigator, said that the "killing of any individual sought by law enforcement in the course of a lawful arrest is always a question of facts. Did the person resist? Did the person have a deadly weapon? Were the arresting officers in fear of their lives? These are all pertinent questions."

Bassiouni stressed that any "extrajudicial execution of an unarmed person is in violation of international law."

"It is necessary for the Navy to conduct an internal investigation into the appropriateness of the use of armed force," Bassiouni said. "However, it is also important not to make the Navy SEALs be the scapegoats for (any) secret orders which the public is unaware of to simply kill bin Laden no matter what."

Was the incursion of U.S. forces into Pakistani territory without the clear permission of Islamabad legal?

Bin Laden was an indicted international criminal who had evaded all attempts to apprehend him, Robertson said. As a consequence, the operation was legal, he asserted.

Groves argued the use of the SEALs does "present complications," though he noted that there has been a "kind of a wink and a nod game (the U.S. government has) been playing with the Pakistanis for years" in terms of predator drone strikes and other attacks against Islamic extremists on Pakistani soil.

Bassiouni argued that "the mission to capture was legal, even though there are some questions under international law about one state sending its forces into another state to kidnap a person wanted for trial."

The issue first arose in the early 1960s, Bassiouni noted, when notorious Nazi Adolf Eichmann was kidnapped by Israeli agents in Argentina and subsequently brought to Israel for trial.

Half a century later, that issue remains a matter of sharp dispute.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/04/bin.laden.legal/index.html?hpt=C1

Edited by SteveAJones

Steve, can you do me a favor and explain why you insist on painting everyone with the same brush? Am I a liberal Democrat? Yes. Does that mean that every single liberal Democrat in this country thinks like me, or that I think like every single liberal Democrat in this country? Because there is no such thing as "liberals like me". Sorry to burst your bubble. Because I think I can safely say that if posted something akin to "conservatives like you", you'd have a stroke.

No one is going to take what you just posted seriously, nor should they even attempt to. You know that, I know that, most people with working pre-frontal cortices know that. So just stop it.

My view is that a lot of people in this thread are speaking as if nothing has happened between 9/11 and now. THOUSANDS have been killed since then in this "War On Terror" - I guess because it hasn't been on OUR soil it has been easier not to notice it.

and thousands have been saved,....

Steve, can you do me a favor and explain why you insist on painting everyone with the same brush? Am I a liberal Democrat? Yes. Does that mean that every single liberal Democrat in this country thinks like me, or that I think like every single liberal Democrat in this country? Because there is no such thing as "liberals like me". Sorry to burst your bubble. Because I think I can safely say that if posted something akin to "conservatives like you", you'd have a stroke.

No one is going to take what you just posted seriously, nor should they even attempt to. You know that, I know that, most people with working pre-frontal cortices know that. So just stop it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there's a lot of truth in sterotypes. If you label me you negate me.

The fact is I called my shot! Add perceptive to my other dominant traits - good looks and charisma. Now I've got more street cred than an undefeated pool hall hustler. It remains to be seen if I use it to try to change the world or score with a Thai coyote dancer. Winning!!

Edited by SteveAJones

Sorry but that's just speculation. It's fact that thousands have been killed - if anyone can provide evidence of thousands being "saved", I'm listening.

Edited by Knebby

Sorry but that's just speculation. It's fact that thousands have been killed - if anyone can provide evidence of thousands being "saved", I'm listening.

Does this not constitute proof?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6195914.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/30/uk-security-crime

We should be thankful our intelligence agencies are so effective in doing their job.

MFTA - Did I say anywhere that I'm NOT thankful? People seem very ready to read all sorts of things into posts on this thread that are not there.

And no, I don't think it does, but I do prefer cold hard facts.

Edited by Knebby

Times Square:

A crude car bomb of propane, gasoline and fireworks was discovered in a smoking Nissan Pathfinder in the heart of Times Square on Saturday evening, prompting the evacuation of thousands of tourists and theatergoers on a warm and busy night. Although the device had apparently started to detonate, there was no explosion, and early on Sunday the authorities were still seeking a suspect and motive.

Shoe bomber?

Underwear bomber?

Countless others the media is unaware of??? <_<

Next.

Times Square:

Shoe bomber?

Underwear bomber?

Countless others the media is unaware of??? <_<

Next.

I know you want to deliberately keep avoiding my point, but NONE of that actually proves how many WOULD have been killed had the actions not been stopped and therefore how many HAVE been saved.

But back to the fact that thousands HAVE been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001 - howcome no-one seems to give a sh*t about this?