Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

First let me state I am an Independent who leans more liberal. I believe in God, but not organized religion. I was raised to hate evil, not human beings. I am grateful to have been born in the US but I believe this earth was put here for all of us. I know that wars have been waged for thousands of years, still does not make it right. I do rejoice that the evil that OBL created is gone. I know that there will still be fanatics to take his place as he was yet another fanatic in his beliefs that caused a lot of pain, grief, hurt and devastation for a lot of people. My heart goes out to people who have lost loved ones. It hurts no matter what part of this world you are from to lose someone you love and care about.

So many of you here have gone at each other and there have been a lot of rude, misunderstood statements and comebacks posted here and some that make no sense what so ever...and to a lot of people I enjoy spending time with here. It's really sad to see this.

And as far as left wing liberals and right ring conservatives...this is what is wrong with our country IMO. The last time I looked in the sky and saw an eagle fly, it took both wings for it to soar!!

Well said Deb

Frankly I don't think there is any place for humour on this thread given it is about a person who orchestrated the deaths of over 3000 people from many countries who was killed, apparently unarmed.

Shortly after Challenger crashed there were already people making jokes about it. Right after the earthquake that hit Japan, I saw a photo of Godzilla rising from the waves of the Tsunami with the caption "Too Soon?" I don't always subscribe to that sort of black humor but I think humor can always been found in nearly every situation, including the capture and assassination of Osama Bin Laden. Just because someone Photoshopped the Situation Room photo of Obama to make it look like he was playing a video game doesn't mean it was intended to be disrespectful to the victims of September 11, 2001. At least I didn't perceive it that way.

As for those of us that don't agree with people partying in the streets following the shooting of Bin Laden, how does that translate into "you hate the U.S.A."? I'm certainly not mourning his death but I never expected that sort of reaction from the American public. So, if I find it inappropriate, that means I'm not patriotic? What a load of bullshit that is.

Al-Qaida has confirmed the death of Osama bin Laden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Al-Qaida vows revenge for Osama bin Laden's death

By Maggie Michael, Associated Press

centurylink.net

Canine Commando

Why did the military send a dog to help kill Bin Laden?

By Brian Palmer

slate.com

Cats of War

The Pentagon's top-secret feline special-operations program, revealed.

By Holly Allen and Christopher Beam

slate.com

Photo

Cats are prized for their ability to see at night without the need for special equipment. In this exclusive image from the Abbottabad raid, a special ops cat sneaks up on Bin Laden's bodyguard.

Edited by Silver Rider

Shortly after Challenger crashed there were already people making jokes about it. Right after the earthquake that hit Japan, I saw a photo of Godzilla rising from the waves of the Tsunami with the caption "Too Soon?" I don't always subscribe to that sort of black humor but I think humor can always been found in nearly every situation, including the capture and assassination of Osama Bin Laden. Just because someone Photoshopped the Situation Room photo of Obama to make it look like he was playing a video game doesn't mean it was intended to be disrespectful to the victims of September 11, 2001. At least I didn't perceive it that way.

As for those of us that don't agree with people partying in the streets following the shooting of Bin Laden, how does that translate into "you hate the U.S.A."? I'm certainly not mourning his death but I never expected that sort of reaction from the American public. So, if I find it inappropriate, that means I'm not patriotic? What a load of bullshit that is.

American Public??? partying in the streets??? Are you kidding me? How do you know what their own personal reason was for going to the white house or ground zero last Sunday night??? btw i think that hardly represents the American public. From what i saw It was done peacefully, there was no flag burning, koran burning etc etc.... by a few thousand people who i saw alot of them crying maybe they lost a loved one, maybe they feel it might bring a loved home from these terrible wars were involved in? Who lnows? It is 1 of the basic core values on which this country was founded need i say Freedom of Speech. I know when i 1st heard the news i wasnt fist pumping, beating my chest but reflecting what happened on that horrible day as i was very deeply affected by 9/11. It was done peacefully and i am ok with it bcz it wasnt about a murder or an unjustified killing it was simply about this evil can no longer do harm by his teachings and influence of hate that he represented on every level. If it just stops 1 less person from joining Al-Qaeda, 1 less mother who loses 1 less kid strapping bombs to their body and mostly if there is 1 less attack carried out against us or any civilized human being then let those people rejoice if they want!!! Its a SILLY argument dont matter how i look at it and has no importance whatsoever! Maybe the reason was just simply they were showing their support for OUR TROOPS!

Now here you go, your gonna go find a previous post from me, twist my words and intentions, find a news article that proves me wrong, well let be the 1st to tell you 1) Dont waste your time! and 2) Stuff IT where the sun dont shine!

partying in the streets huh what a jerk!

What did you think they were gonna say? Ok you killed our leader we give up??? Our countries and many others must keep this effort to fight the good fight! Not just for 9/11 but for all the terror attacks before and after. America has had it share too before 9/11. We must not back down EVER!

American Public??? partying in the streets??? Are you kidding me? How do you know what their own personal reason was for going to the white house or ground zero last Sunday night??? btw i think that hardly represents the American public. From what i saw It was done peacefully, there was no flag burning, koran burning etc etc.... by a few thousand people who i saw alot of them crying maybe they lost a loved one, maybe they feel it might bring a loved home from these terrible wars were involved in? Who lnows? It is 1 of the basic core values on which this country was founded need i say Freedom of Speech. I know when i 1st heard the news i wasnt fist pumping, beating my chest but reflecting what happened on that horrible day as i was very deeply affected by 9/11. It was done peacefully and i am ok with it bcz it wasnt about a murder or an unjustified killing it was simply about this evil can no longer do harm by his teachings and influence of hate that he represented on every level. If it just stops 1 less person from joining Al-Qaeda, 1 less mother who loses 1 less kid strapping bombs to their body and mostly if there is 1 less attack carried out against us or any civilized human being then let those people rejoice if they want!!! Its a SILLY argument dont matter how i look at it and has no importance whatsoever! Maybe the reason was just simply they were showing their support for OUR TROOPS!

Now here you go, your gonna go find a previous post from me, twist my words and intentions, find a news article that proves me wrong, well let be the 1st to tell you 1) Dont waste your time! and 2) Stuff IT where the sun dont shine!

partying in the streets huh what a jerk!

You sure read a lot of things into the three sentences I posted that I didn't even say, nor even inferred.

What did you think they were gonna say? Ok you killed our leader we give up??? Our countries and many others must keep this effort to fight the good fight! Not just for 9/11 but for all the terror attacks before and after. America has had it share too before 9/11. We must not back down EVER!

Quite a response there.

Liberals like Liz will then seek to prosecute those responsible for his death. :slapface:

It's important to note the critical link to his couriers came during interrogations at Gitmo. Keep it open!

Please don't just assume anyone against the celebration or satisfaction of Osama's death is liberal. I consider myself liberal in many many aspects, but definitely agree with Osama's killing and the continued use of Gitmo.

The terrorists have won.

I find it really ironic that the 2 people who were offended by the so called partying in the street BOTH have profile pictures of someone giving the finger in a discussion forum. I find it classless, inappropiate and just plain rude behavior which pretty much sums up both of your character's in which you both portray yourselfs on here always trying to push buttons of other forum members. 1 thinking that they are special bcz they have close ties to the band and the other thinking he is an auhtority on music. Well i dont give a shit who you know or what you know as I politely express myself in saying FUCK YOU to the BOTH of you!

Have a nice wknd as i will be partying and celelbrating in the city I Love like no other!!!

Well, yeah, but we may want to calm down for a little bit, and remember to bring the kitty. Those extra nine lives are good to have sometimes.

:peace:

I find it really ironic that the 2 people who were offended by the so called partying in the street BOTH have profile pictures of someone giving the finger in a discussion forum.

What does my avatar even have to do with the discussion? Last I checked, absolutely nothing. If you're offended that easily, what are you doing here?

I find it classless, inappropiate and just plain rude behavior which pretty much sums up both of your character's in which you both portray yourselfs on here always trying to push buttons of other forum members. 1 thinking that they are special bcz they have close ties to the band and the other thinking he is an auhtority on music.

When is it that I have ever said I thought I was an "authority" on music? And again, what does it even have to do with the discussion at hand? Hang on a second, let me answer that for you. Nothing.

Well i dont give a shit who you know or what you know as I politely express myself in saying FUCK YOU to the BOTH of you!

Just how ironic is this statement.

Edited by Jahfin

Deborah J

First let me state I am an Independent who leans more liberal. I believe in God, but not organized religion. I was raised to hate evil, not human beings. I am grateful to have been born in the US but I believe this earth was put here for all of us. I know that wars have been waged for thousands of years, still does not make it right. I do rejoice that the evil that OBL created is gone. I know that there will still be fanatics to take his place as he was yet another fanatic in his beliefs that caused a lot of pain, grief, hurt and devastation for a lot of people. My heart goes out to people who have lost loved ones. It hurts no matter what part of this world you are from to lose someone you love and care about.

So many of you here have gone at each other and there have been a lot of rude, misunderstood statements and comebacks posted here and some that make no sense what so ever...and to a lot of people I enjoy spending time with here. It's really sad to see this.

And as far as left wing liberals and right ring conservatives...this is what is wrong with our country IMO. The last time I looked in the sky and saw an eagle fly, it took both wings for it to soar!!

Magic Fills the Air

Deborah, as always on here, yours is the voice of reason.

I second that a 100%! That's for sure! B)

I agree with you both. Wonderfully stated post Deb. :)

......................missy

I find it really ironic that the 2 people who were offended by the so called partying in the street BOTH have profile pictures of someone giving the finger in a discussion forum. I find it classless, inappropiate and just plain rude behavior which pretty much sums up both of your character's in which you both portray yourselfs on here always trying to push buttons of other forum members. 1 thinking that they are special bcz they have close ties to the band and the other thinking he is an auhtority on music. Well i dont give a shit who you know or what you know as I politely express myself in saying FUCK YOU to the BOTH of you!

Have a nice wknd as i will be partying and celelbrating in the city I Love like no other!!!

Seems you're trying very very hard to push buttons here yourself. What's classless is the level of discussion on this issue, which surely deserves more serious thought and less knee-jerk braying and ad hominem attacks.

The terrorists have won.

Have they ? What exactly would have been the proper approach with Bin Laden ? I don't think letting a sleeping dog lie would have curbed the threat of a terrorist act happening this year or any other year for that matter. My only real concern now is that we pull a runner and stop with him . Get them all ASAP

Edited by ally

Oops, not quite the truth.

Seems the above photograph was more for show than actually seeing the action live, as they first claimed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/8493391/Osama-bin-Laden-dead-Blackout-during-raid-on-bin-Laden-compound.html

No personal attack here, Electro.

You posted a legitimate link.

I'm only pointing out how that has since been revealed to be somewhat of a charade.

Sucks for all of us, really.

The official story thus far:

1) There was a firefight.

2) There was no firefight.

3) Bin Laden was “resisting.”

4) Bin Laden wasn’t armed. (Makes the concept of “resisting” interesting.)

5) He used his wife as a shield.

6) His wife was killed too.

7) He didn’t use his wife as a shield, she ran at a SEAL who shot her in the leg, but she’s fine.

8) Some other woman – the maid? – was used as a shield. By somebody. Downstairs.

9) That other woman – downstairs – was killed.

10) Maybe not. She was killed unless she wasn’t – and who was she, anyway?

11) Bin Laden’s son was killed.

12) Unless it was some other guy.

13) Bin Laden’s daughter saw him get killed. She’s undoubtedly traumatized, poor dear.

14) They were going to capture Bin Laden until the problem with the helicopter, which was:

A) It had mechanical trouble

B ) It did a hard landing

C) It crashed

D) It clipped a wall with a tail rotor, effectively a crash

15) They were never going to try to capture him, it was always a kill mission.

16) No it wasn’t.

17) The chopper blew up.

18) The SEALs blew it up.

19) Panetta said yesterday the world needed proof, the photo would be released.

20) Obama said today in an interview he taped with Steve Kroft for “60 Minutes” to be broadcast Sunday that it won’t be released. It’s too gruesome, would offend Muslim sensibilities (something he worries about a lot – I personally do not give a warm fart on a wet Wednesday about Muslim sensibilities), and how would Americans feel if Muslims released pictures of dead Americans?

21) Kroft – whose not a total idiot – pointed out that ever since “Black Hawk Down” days, Muslims have been doing precisely that, filming American bodies being dragged through the streets, filming Daniel Pearl’s head being cut off, filming any and everything.

22) Obama gets pissed at CBS, the tape gets cleaned up, that question disappears. (Inside info.)

23) We got a “treasure trove” of stuff from hard drives, etc.

24) There were no phone lines, and no internet access at the “mansion,” they didn’t even have TV – what “treasure trove?”

25 There is obviously in the pictures of the place a large satellite dish. I guess they used it for making salads.

26) And now, just today: apparently the idea was to capture him, but only if he was naked. There was a suspicion he might be wearing a suicide bomber type explosive vest, or belt. So if he’s not naked and you can’t see if he has a vest on or not – shoot him.