Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

So I'll ask you again - have you travelled very much?

PS - sorry didn't answer you - yeah I'm English.

After all I just said, that is Still the only question you can ask me? I take that as a very lame excuse to disregard everything I just pointed out to you (and anyone else) who cares to read what I typed.

Did what I just point out not make any sense to you? Or are you another one who disregards all the Good that the United States does for alot of the world? If that is all you can say, then, I guess I have to assume that I am correct.

Ask your parents or Grand-Parents how much the United States of America means to them and I am sure that They would never "put-down" the role that the Americans played in their (and Yours) survival.

To answer your very lame question, I have never travelled abroad. Maybe some day, but why would I want to do that when there are so many places I would rather visit in the United States.

Don't get me wrong, I highly respect Great Britian. If it were not for the English, there would be no Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc...

Let me say that I (somewhat) respect you because you are and do not seem as Ignorant as some others on this forum. However, I still and always will stand by my statement that the United States of America is and will always be the Greatest Country on the Planet.

If you still want to "debate" me on this I will do so some other time. I am still eager to read what the other people I replied too have to say and probably make my day and make me laugh all day.

Maybe this will apease you. LONG LIVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN...

There's no point to this particular discussion then - you have never left the US so you have NO personal experience of any other country. It's like someone saying "This is the best peanut butter in the world!" when they've never tried another brand.

It's not because you are American. I'd say the same to a person from any country - even England :) - who tried to make the same claim.

Hey I'm really glad that you love your country - and yeah, you have a lot to be proud of. Of all the places I've visited, the US is in my top 10, for sure. Try to stay open-minded too, though. The world has a LOT to offer.

Happy Sunday! :beer:

AUSTRALIA!

Per capita we give as much. if not more than the USA.

:goodpost:

The USA and it's citizens are very, very charitable when it comes to helping others around the globe.

But, let's remember many other nations and their people contribute time, money and resources to those in need.

I wasn't aware of the Australian statistic, and it demonstrates the kindness of others in addition to those of us here in America.

.........................:) missy

If only someone had given him a hug before he plotted to kill. He might have found something better to do wth his time and taken himself a little less seriously. And we would all be a lot happier.

Maybe he thought his own little world was all that mattered. And to compensate for his own inadequacy, he over-reacted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Explosion heard in town where bin Laden killed

cbsnews.com

(AP) ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan (AP) — A loud explosion has been heard in the town where Osama bin Laden was killed in Pakistan.

There has been speculation that authorities may demolish the house in Abbottabad to try and stop the intense media attention in the town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Home vids peel away Osama’s jihad facade

By Margery Eagan

bostonherald.com

We know why the U.S. government yesterday released videos of a vain and image-obsessed Osama bin Laden — this supposed holy crusader who in fact dyed his beard and carefully stage-crafted all his taped messages to the world.

The point was to demean and belittle him in the eyes of the Muslim world and anyone else inclined to take up his treachery. It’s harder to make a martyr out of someone who appears so calculating and insincere, rehearsing and re-rehearsing his tirades against America.

Edited by Silver Rider

AUSTRALIA!

Per capita we give as much. if not more than the USA.

The difference is we don't brag about it.

That is why IMO, mine is the greatest country on the planet.

Argue with that!

I don't know how true your per capita statement is (and don't really believe it), but isn't about 75% (+ or -) of Australia basically just no man's land. The Outback? All your main cities are all on the coasts of various oceans.

Is Australia helping the the citizens of Tuscaloosa, Alabama (U.S.A) which was recently hit with a series of powerful tornadoes? Maybe your country is helping, I don't know, I don't live there? What about Hurricane Katrina when it hit New Orleans back in 2005. Did your country and government give any assistance?

About bragging. The United States of America itself is not bragging about all the things I mentioned about helping out other countries in times of crisis. If anything, I (me) and bragging about it (and not really bragging), more like saying and being Proud that my country helps out all over the world.

I am just giving facts along with my opinions. Is that arguement enough, even though I am not argueing with you.

Edited to say: I am glad that you happen to love your country. You should.

Edited by lzzoso

I don't know how true your per capita statement is (and don't really believe it), but isn't about 75% (+ or -) of Australia basically just no man's land. The Outback? All your main cities are all on the coasts of various oceans.

Is Australia helping the the citizens of Tuscaloosa, Alabama (U.S.A) which was recently hit with a series of powerful tornadoes? Maybe your country is helping, I don't know, I don't live there? What about Hurricane Katrina when it hit New Orleans back in 2005. Did your country and government give any assistance?

About bragging. The United States of America itself is not bragging about all the things I mentioned about helping out other countries in times of crisis. If anything, I (me) and bragging about it (and not really bragging), more like saying and being Proud that my country helps out all over the world.

I am just giving facts along with my opinions. Is that arguement enough, even though I am not argueing with you.

Edited to say: I am glad that you happen to love your country. You should.

Yes the population is mostly on the coastal regions and inland of up to 1000 kms, what that has to do with anything I'd like you to explain?

We have a population of 20 million + as opposed to America which has over 300 million, so I stand by my statement.

I'm sure our government has asked if any assistance is required and if so will provide it just like Katrina.

You don't seem to believe anything except what you want to believe?

You said you only read 2 newspapers, The Dallas Morning News and USA Today?

I would've thought you subscribed to The National Enquirer too?

Well I read a lot of newspapers here from all around the world online, so I at least get a handle on what's going on and try to come educated enough to make an informed opinion.

Maybe if you broadened your horizons you may actually learn something?

Not arguing either, just saying.

I love my country because I do, not because I should!

Edited by Reggie29

Anybody posted this yet,

5b77de.jpg

One of the most obvious fakes of all.

Bin Laden's lower face and beard is chopped (and quite poorly, at that - look at the drastic change in skin tone/color) onto the photo of some other dead guy on the left...

osama-bin-laden-death-photo-fake_460x344.jpg

from the photo below (flipped to match the orientation of the source photo), one of the most commonly available images of him.

bin_laden_35744t.jpg

weaksauce

These are the closest I've seen that look somewhat more believable, but there's no way of knowing.

First problem is it's reported he was shot above left eye, this shows right eye, unless the photo was flipped by accident.

I certainly haven't been able to find any available photos of Bin Laden like this, with the somewhat clipped beard on his cheek.

But this one has that troubling white blob where the eye should be that looks very unrealistic.

225458_1684799165598_1406198155_31381197_4037083_n.jpg

The one below is much more graphic, click link only if you aren't easily disturbed by graphic images...

http://politicular.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bin-laden-death-photo.jpg

Neither is probably genuine, but as mentioned earlier, authentic shots of Saddam's hanging got out, and no doubt phonecam pics were taken at the scene in this case, as well.

Edited by TypeO

One of the most obvious fakes of all.

Bin Laden's lower face and beard is chopped (and quite poorly, at that - look at the drastic change in skin tone/color) onto the photo of some other dead guy on the left...

osama-bin-laden-death-photo-fake_460x344.jpg

from the photo below (flipped to match the orientation of the source photo), one of the most commonly available images of him.

bin_laden_35744t.jpg

weaksauce

These are the closest I've seen that look somewhat more believable, but there's no way of knowing.

First problem is it's reported he was shot above left eye, this shows right eye, unless the photo was flipped by accident.

I certainly haven't been able to find any available photos of Bin Laden like this, with the somewhat clipped beard on his cheek.

But this one has that troubling white blob where the eye should be that looks very unrealistic.

225458_1684799165598_1406198155_31381197_4037083_n.jpg

The one below is much more graphic, click link only if you aren't easily disturbed by graphic images...

http://politicular.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bin-laden-death-photo.jpg

Neither is probably genuine, but as mentioned earlier, authentic shots of Saddam's hanging got out, and no doubt phonecam pics were taken at the scene in this case, as well.

Green picture is a fake also.

Of course, with this being the "digital" and "information" age, most of us knew that fake photos of Osama bin Laden's dead body were going to surface. I would tend to think that these photos are fake.

The green photo with the Navy Seal in it looks "real" but then again, who knows? One of my doubts about the green photo (if it is real) is that it is/was taken from a somewhat side angle. I would think that whoever did take the "real" pictures that were transmitted back to Langley and Washington would have taken a straight "dead on" (pun intended) picture of bin Laden. What I mean is that whoever took the picture that was the "confirmation" that "WE" killed bin Laden would have taken a picture standing directly above bin Laden looking down at him. Just him and not a profile of a fellow Navy Seal. Of course, I realize that there were probably dozens of pictures taken of the dead bin laden in the fast and frantic aftermath.

Hopefully one day soon, the "official" photos of a dead Osama bin Laden will be released to the whole world. If Al-Qaeda can release videos of them chopping off the heads of innocent Americans (and others), then We should release pictures of a very dead bin Laden with the warning that there is no escape from American Justice.

WOW......how many fakes can ya get in one single thread of one forum???!!!, hehehhehehehehehhehehehehhehehehhe!!!:):)

....and pray tell me someone, why and how did this thread come to talk about charitable countries???! (ref. posts above!!:))

Well, the conversation got going and then rambled on. ;)

Of course, with this being the "digital" and "information" age, most of us knew that fake photos of Osama bin Laden's dead body were going to surface. I would tend to think that these photos are fake.

The green photo with the Navy Seal in it looks "real" but then again, who knows? One of my doubts about the green photo (if it is real) is that it is/was taken from a somewhat side angle. I would think that whoever did take the "real" pictures that were transmitted back to Langley and Washington would have taken a straight "dead on" (pun intended) picture of bin Laden. What I mean is that whoever took the picture that was the "confirmation" that "WE" killed bin Laden would have taken a picture standing directly above bin Laden looking down at him. Just him and not a profile of a fellow Navy Seal. Of course, I realize that there were probably dozens of pictures taken of the dead bin laden in the fast and frantic aftermath.

Hopefully one day soon, the "official" photos of a dead Osama bin Laden will be released to the whole world. If Al-Qaeda can release videos of them chopping off the heads of innocent Americans (and others), then We should release pictures of a very dead bin Laden with the warning that there is no escape from American Justice.

They're all fake & the most embarrassing thing about it is United States senators had reviewed a fake photo when making their determination to release or not. I'm hoping Genesis Publications decides to do a limited edition leather bound Osama book next. It could include a foreward by whoever plays him in the made for tv film about the raid that you just know is in the works.

Well most of this post is transparent - a complete over-reaction to anything Jahfin and I have said in this thread and an obvious long-held resentment which belies your postcount. So responding to it in any depth is only gonna feed your hate and I don't have the time or inclination for that.

But you are right about one thing - its time I changed my avatar. That one came about because of a situation between another poster and myself and belongs in the past - it doesn't reflect my mood anymore. So I think I'll go back to the av I had when I first came to this site about 9 years ago. Thanks for the nudge!

Sorry for the off-topic theme folks, as you were! :beer:

You put up an avatar in a formum of over 13 thousand members because of a problem you had with ONE poster and i over-react??? Yup that about says it all to me and your right there is no point in going into any depth as i am not going to waste your time or mine in this thread in dealing with someone who needs to find that tiny little cloud in a beautiful blue sky on a gorgeous sunny day!

:wave: Have a nice night and keep the positive changes coming. :D

And let's face it, that particular poster caused major problems with all 25. ;)

Of course, I realize that there were probably dozens of pictures taken of the dead bin laden in the fast and frantic aftermath.

If it was fast and frantic, they wouldn't have been hanging around taking dozens of pictures, would they?

And let's face it, that particular poster caused major problems with all 25. ;)

If it was fast and frantic, they wouldn't have been hanging around taking dozens of pictures, would they?

Are you fucking stupid and ignorant?

The aim of the mission was to find, capture and/or kill Osama bin Laden. Found him, he resisted capture and "WE" killed him.

The second aim (in my opinion) was to positively and absolutely identify this dead terrorist as bin Laden. I think the Navy Seals would have hung around long enough to get confirmation from both D.C. and Langley (CIA). Remember, all this was happening and being relayed back and forth in "real-time". How long do you think it would take for them to take dozens of pictures of a dead bin Laden with an ultra high-tech, above state-of-the-art digital Navy Seals camera? My guess would be no more than a minute or two (IF that). After all, they were not taking pictures with a fucking Polaroid camera.

I think that you should look in the mirror before criticizing other members who You say seem to cause problems for others. I seem to think that You and a couple of others (electrophile, knebby and jahfin) are the ones causing or starting shit with alot of us. If all of you can dish it out, I assume you can take it. I am positive that alot of others would agree with me.

Let me say that I realize I could be completely wrong with what I think. However, I do read alot and most of what I typed was from different newspapers and various new organizations along with my own thoughts, opinions and interjections.

Edited by lzzoso