Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

Only about 25 members actively contribute posts to the Led Zeppelin threads.

While that may be true or not i dont know as i dont post alot but that really wasnt my point as if you take this thread for example there are 400 posts while there are over 7000 views.

Are you fucking stupid and ignorant?

The aim of the mission was to find, capture and/or kill Osama bin Laden. Found him, he resisted capture and "WE" killed him.

The second aim (in my opinion) was to positively and absolutely identify this dead terrorist as bin Laden. I think the Navy Seals would have hung around long enough to get confirmation from both D.C. and Langley (CIA). Remember, all this was happening and being relayed back and forth in "real-time". How long do you think it would take for them to take dozens of pictures of a dead bin Laden with an ultra high-tech, above state-of-the-art digital Navy Seals camera? My guess would be no more than a minute or two (IF that). After all, they were not taking pictures with a fucking Polaroid camera.

I think that you should look in the mirror before criticizing other members who You say seem to cause problems for others. I seem to think that You and a couple of others (electrophile, knebby and jahfin) are the ones causing or starting shit with alot of us. If all of you can dish it out, I assume you can take it. I am positive that alot of others would agree with me.

Let me say that I realize I could be completely wrong with what I think. However, I do read alot and most of what I typed was from different newspapers and various new organizations along with my own thoughts, opinions and interjections.

You go to far fella. Learn to communicate on a respectful level or you will be removed by a higher authority.

The "U.S. celebrating Osama's death" angle has definitely been overstated. I think some people forget how diverse and populous the U.S. is - a crowd of kids in front of the White House or a bunch of tourists in Times Square hooting and hollering has fuck-all to do with the rest of the country.

The "U.S. celebrating Osama's death" angle has definitely been overstated. I think some people forget how diverse and populous the U.S. is - a crowd of kids in front of the White House or a bunch of tourists in Times Square hooting and hollering has fuck-all to do with the rest of the country.

Yep, you've hit the nail on the head !

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace: Right on sista:):)!!!!

I think that you should look in the mirror before criticizing other members who You say seem to cause problems for others. I seem to think that You and a couple of others (electrophile, knebby and jahfin) are the ones causing or starting shit with alot of us. If all of you can dish it out, I assume you can take it. I am positive that alot of others would agree with me.

I'm positive that you are both paranoid and delusional, at least judging from the vast majority of your posts.

Let me say that I realize I could be completely wrong with what I think.

You said it, I didn't.

I never implied that everyone in the U.S. had taken to the streets in order to celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden. I merely expressed my own feelings regarding the inappropriateness of celebrating anyone's death. Some see statements like that and instead of reading and comprehending what's actually there, they see "I hate the U.S.A.", especially the jingoistic types such as lzzoso who apparently bleeds red, white and blue.

:goodpost: Not to mention it was a "gut reaction" and it was ONE night.

:gimmefive:

You go to far fella. Learn to communicate on a respectful level or you will be removed by a higher authority.

Hey fella. I may go too far but it is because I have strong convictions (and I stand by all of them).

I proudly say what I think, feel and mean, Just because you or anyone else does not agree with what I say, that is not my problem. After all, this is a "forum".

The definition of forum is: "A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged".

Does that comprehend with you, fella?

And, by the way, I have no idea what you mean by I "will be removed by a higher authority". If you mean that I am going to be killed by God for posting my convictions, than I think that you may need more help than YOU think that I do.

As usual, I am ready and eager to read what you and others may say or think about my comments. Say what you will and disparage me and try to denigrate me. Yours are only words from "anonymous" people, that I do not know and do not care to meet.

It's seriously irritating when your country is mis-represented like that, I understand. It's certainly happened in the media over the years regarding various things (and countries) and this is no exception. However, if it's any consolation I don't think anyone who has spoken up in this thread is under the impression that it ever was more than a small faction of people doing that - certainly no-one has written any such thing. I think it is still OK to find that pretty off-putting though, even if you understand that it doesn't represent the country as a whole. The student riots in London recently, for example, made me angry and disappointed, but I did know that not only were those people a small section of the public but also actually only a small section of students.

Hey fella. I may go too far but it is because I have strong convictions (and I stand by all of them).

I proudly say what I think, feel and mean, Just because you or anyone else does not agree with what I say, that is not my problem. After all, this is a "forum".

The definition of forum is: "A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged".

Does that comprehend with you, fella?

And, by the way, I have no idea what you mean by I "will be removed by a higher authority". If you mean that I am going to be killed by God for posting my convictions, than I think that you may need more help than YOU think that I do.

As usual, I am ready and eager to read what you and others may say or think about my comments. Say what you will and disparage me and try to denigrate me. Yours are only words from "anonymous" people, that I do not know and do not care to meet.

Clearly, you did not comprehend the statement I made. Calling someone stupid and ignorant was the issue. Not your opinion. (which I have no interest in.) As pointed out, if you are unable to debate without calling people names you will be removed from this forum. Not by God, (I can't believe this needs to be pointed out) but by the forum moderators.

Edited by MrZoSo

I never implied that everyone in the U.S. had taken to the streets in order to celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden. I merely expressed my own feelings regarding the inappropriateness of celebrating anyone's death. Some see statements like that and instead of reading and comprehending what's actually there, they see "I hate the U.S.A.", especially the jingoistic types such as lzzoso who apparently bleeds red, white and blue.

Oh, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular on our Forum. I had just been reading about reaction in the European press - mainly France and Germany - about how distasteful they found "Americans celebrating an assasination" and it seemed like a grossly unfair generalization. From what I had seen and read, the celebrations were very few and far between.

It's seriously irritating when your country is mis-represented like that, I understand. It's certainly happened in the media over the years regarding various things (and countries) and this is no exception. However, if it's any consolation I don't think anyone who has spoken up in this thread is under the impression that it ever was more than a small faction of people doing that - certainly no-one has written any such thing. I think it is still OK to find that pretty off-putting though, even if you understand that it doesn't represent the country as a whole. The student riots in London recently, for example, made me angry and disappointed, but I did know that not only were those people a small section of the public but also actually only a small section of students.

I have to disagree with you again with your generlizations and analogies as i dont feel my country was misrepresented at all by people going to the White House or Ground Zero peacefully and lawfully demonstrating their freedon of expression. What would have bothered me if it did turn violent or if the police and military decided that it was inappropiate for them to be there and broke it up. To provide another example of this is even though i dont agree with the people who are peacefully and lawfully demonstrating against a Mosque being built near Ground Zero, i still feel it is appropiate behavior for them to express themselves as long as it is done peacefully and lawfully. I just feel very strongly that as soon as people start deaming what is appropiate and what isnt appropiate behavior in terms of what is appropiate to express oneself in my book is a form of censorship and more often then not leads to oppression to where one is forced to suppress one's feelings and for the people who cannot control that anger will often turn violent in order to be heard. i.e OBL felt it was inappropiate for Americans troops to be on the ground in Saudi Arabia in the 1st Iraq war and his offer of his troops to the Saudi Arabian government was refused thusfore started his resentment and fueled his hatred towards the U.S.A and if i was to take an educated guess he was probably forbidden to express this anger in a peaceful demonstration against the Saudi goverment. I for one do not want to live or be part of a society where people are discouraged to voice themselves in any form of communication. Again i might not agree but still believe that it is not only their right as an American but as a human being. Now i am not saying that you are for any of this but only stating that the words(Sickening, Unpatriotic etc etc) you are using and the analogies( student riots, drunken hoolagins at a sporting event) you are giving are INAPPROPIATE as those people down at Ground Zero and the White House represented very well what America stands for and i for one am very proud of the way the majority of them acted peacefully, lawfully and very patriotic. Now you have every right to express you were dissapointed bcz you see it as celebration of a man dying which is so not how i see it as America doesnt even celebrate the executions of serial killers in the USA but more of a celebration of someone who represented and chose to be a symbol of hate and evil .Afterall we brought a man to justice who declared war on the USA and commited ACTS of WAR not only in my country but many others as well of innocent people in which when he declared war stated he would do. America never rejoices or glorifies in the deaths of any innocent people here or abroad whether its in a conflict or not. At least i have never seen it.

Please also remember that any attack whether it happens in your backyard or mine affects people all over the world and not just the place of where the attack happened. As i can assure as i was helping and assisting with the recovery effort in NYC with not only New Yorkers, not only Americans but people of all faiths and nationalities as 9/11 was just not an attack on New Yorkers, not just America as there were over 50 countries that day that lost citizens but it was an attack on the American freedoms in which is 1 of the big reasons why people all over the world come to sometimes because they were not allowed to express themselves in the countries in which they came from., so i say to the people of the world please see our people who went to White House or Ground Zero when they heard the news that this man who clearly MisRepresents so many oppressed people in many countries and was no longer to spread his hatred as they were a fine example of how to peacefully and lawfully demonstrate in a non violent way their freedom to express themselves whether you feel it is appropiate or not doesnt matter as that is the American WAY!

I have to disagree with you again with your generlizations and analogies as i dont feel my country was misrepresented at all by people going to the White House or Ground Zero peacefully and lawfully demonstrating their freedon of expression. What would have bothered me if it did turn violent or if the police and military decided that it was inappropiate for them to be there and broke it up. To provide another example of this is even though i dont agree with the people who are peacefully and lawfully demonstrating against a Mosque being built near Ground Zero, i still feel it is appropiate behavior for them to express themselves as long as it is done peacefully and lawfully. I just feel very strongly that as soon as people start deaming what is appropiate and what isnt appropiate behavior in terms of what is appropiate to express oneself in my book is a form of censorship and more often then not leads to oppression to where one is forced to suppress one's feelings and for the people who cannot control that anger will often turn violent in order to be heard. i.e OBL felt it was inappropiate for Americans troops to be on the ground in Saudi Arabia in the 1st Iraq war and his offer of his troops to the Saudi Arabian government was refused thusfore started his resentment and fueled his hatred towards the U.S.A and if i was to take an educated guess he was probably forbidden to express this anger in a peaceful demonstration against the Saudi goverment. I for one do not want to live or be part of a society where people are discouraged to voice themselves in any form of communication. Again i might not agree but still believe that it is not only their right as an American but as a human being. Now i am not saying that you are for any of this but only stating that the words(Sickening, Unpatriotic etc etc) you are using and the analogies( student riots, drunken hoolagins at a sporting event) you are giving are INAPPROPIATE as those people down at Ground Zero and the White House represented very well what America stands for and i for one am very proud of the way the majority of them acted peacefully, lawfully and very patriotic. Now you have every right to express you were dissapointed bcz you see it as celebration of a man dying which is so not how i see it as America doesnt even celebrate the executions of serial killers in the USA but more of a celebration of someone who represented and chose to be a symbol of hate and evil .Afterall we brought a man to justice who declared war on the USA and commited ACTS of WAR not only in my country but many others as well of innocent people in which when he declared war stated he would do. America never rejoices or glorifies in the deaths of any innocent people here or abroad whether its in a conflict or not. At least i have never seen it.

Please also remember that any attack whether it happens in your backyard or mine affects people all over the world and not just the place of where the attack happened. As i can assure as i was helping and assisting with the recovery effort in NYC with not only New Yorkers, not only Americans but people of all faiths and nationalities as 9/11 was just not an attack on New Yorkers, not just America as there were over 50 countries that day that lost citizens but it was an attack on the American freedoms in which is 1 of the big reasons why people all over the world come to sometimes because they were not allowed to express themselves in the countries in which they came from., so i say to the people of the world please see our people who went to White House or Ground Zero when they heard the news that this man who clearly MisRepresents so many oppressed people in many countries and was no longer to spread his hatred as they were a fine example of how to peacefully and lawfully demonstrate in a non violent way their freedom to express themselves whether you feel it is appropiate or not doesnt matter as that is the American WAY!

Great post.

Oh, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular on our Forum. I had just been reading about reaction in the European press - mainly France and Germany - about how distasteful they found "Americans celebrating an assasination" and it seemed like a grossly unfair generalization. From what I had seen and read, the celebrations were very few and far between.

I totally agree. I think the overall jist of the conversation in this thread has gone south because of that generalization as well.