Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

^It's a little unclear as to exactly what happened.

What exactly would have been the proper approach with Bin Laden ?

It seems that the SEAL tried to take him into custody, but before he could do so, Osama was "unable to reach for his AK-47 and Makarov handgun and tried blocking the soldiers by shoving his wife on them".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Bin Laden shoved his wife at soldiers'

Ynet Published: 05.06.11, 00:36 / Israel News

ynetnews.com

"Osama bin Laden was scared and confused in his last moments, shoving his wife at the Navy SEAL who ultimately shot him," sources who were involved in the operation that killed al-Qaeda arch-terrorist told Fox News on Thursday.

According to the sources, a frightened bin Laden was unable to reach for his AK-47 and Makarov handgun, and tried blocking the soldiers by shoving his wife on them.

Bin Laden wife: I didn't leave hideout for 5 years

msnbc.msn.com

Mystery surrounds bin Laden wife wounded in raid

msnbc.msn.com

Amal Ahmed Abdul Fatah, also known as Amal Ahmed al-Sadah, was the youngest of bin Laden’s five wives. Media reports put her age at 27 or 29 — roughly half the age of the 54-year-old bin Laden.

“Even at her young age she was religious and spiritual enough and believed in the things that bin Laden — a very religious, pious and spiritual man — believed in,” Sheikh Rashad Mohammed Saeed Ismael, a bin Laden aide who helped arrange the matchmaking, told The Sunday Times of London in an article last year.

“Coming from a modest Yemeni family, she could live with him the tough life in mountain caves and be someone he could mold. She was also someone who did not mind marrying a man as old as her father, and truly believed that being a dutiful and obedient wife to her husband would grant her a place in heaven,” said the aide, also called Abu al-Fida.

The girl, daughter of a civil servant, lived in al-Fida's hometown of Ibb in southwest Yemen. Al-Fida met with her to get her consent, according to the Times account.

“I told her: You know of bin Laden, who gave away his palaces and fortune to wage jihad on behalf of Muslims. He lives in Afghanistan, sometimes in fear for his life, sometimes secured; sometimes in a city and a house, at other times in a mountain and a cave on the run.”

In a 2002 interview with the London-based Arabic-language weekly Al-Majallah, a bin Laden wife identified only as "A.S." — Amal al-Sadah's initials — offered some insight into her husband's personal life in hiding. She said he suffered from kidney and stomach ailments, needed pills to sleep and considered the U.S. his "number one enemy," according to a BBC account of the interview.

She also said her husband would often come home late "and lie down alone on his bed for long hours."

"He did not like anybody to talk to him. He became angry if I tried to talk to him and I would therefore leave him alone," she said.

"He used to sit and think for a long time and sleep very late. He did not sleep for more than two or three hours at a time. Though he was beside me, I sometimes felt lonely."

Photo

abcnews.go.com

Edited by Silver Rider

Have they ? What exactly would have been the proper approach with Bin Laden ? I don't think letting a sleeping dog lie would have curbed the threat of a terrorist act happening this year or any other year for that matter. My only real concern now is that we pull a runner and stop with him . Get them all ASAP

I was referring to zeplives66's remarks.

The official story thus far:

The photo release:

1. United States Senators reviewed a photo to make a determination on if any should be released.

2. The photo they reviewed was a fake/photoshopped.

3. Obama announces no photo will be officially released.

I find it really ironic that the 2 people who were offended by the so called partying in the street BOTH have profile pictures of someone giving the finger in a discussion forum. I find it classless, inappropiate and just plain rude behavior which pretty much sums up both of your character's in which you both portray yourselfs on here always trying to push buttons of other forum members. 1 thinking that they are special bcz they have close ties to the band and the other thinking he is an auhtority on music. Well i dont give a shit who you know or what you know as I politely express myself in saying FUCK YOU to the BOTH of you!

Have a nice wknd as i will be partying and celelbrating in the city I Love like no other!!!

Well most of this post is transparent - a complete over-reaction to anything Jahfin and I have said in this thread and an obvious long-held resentment which belies your postcount. So responding to it in any depth is only gonna feed your hate and I don't have the time or inclination for that.

But you are right about one thing - its time I changed my avatar. That one came about because of a situation between another poster and myself and belongs in the past - it doesn't reflect my mood anymore. So I think I'll go back to the av I had when I first came to this site about 9 years ago. Thanks for the nudge!

Sorry for the off-topic theme folks, as you were! :beer:

The dude is cracked. He thinks I'm married to people here because we live in the same state and joined this message board on the same date. He ain't playing with a full deck. Treat him like you would that crazy person at the bus stop who talks to cracks in the sidewalk because he thinks Satan is communicating with him.

Is that the best you got? I am cracked and talks to cracks on the sidewalks of bus stops because Satan is communicating with me? Where the Fuck do you get that from? That is probably the MOST ridiculous retort I have ever read.

I think that is your so called defense mechanism talking because I have called you out on a number of issues. Some, I have noticed that you failed to reply too. Just because you happen to "dislike" your own country (from words that You have posted) and seem to be upset that Osama bin Laden was killed by Americans. If that is not American Justice, I do not know what is.

I think it's adorable that you think I not only hate the United States (if I did, I wouldn't still be living here) and that I'm upset that Navy SEALs killed Bin Laden (which I never said, nor inferred in even a minute way).

You confuse criticism for hate. You need to work on that. It's patriotic to criticize your country. It's patriotic to want better things for your country. It's patriotic to DEMAND better things from your country. I don't hate the United States, if I did, I wouldn't still be living here. I'd have moved years ago. The fact that I still live here, still pay taxes here, still work here, still do everything here, pretty much negates the "you hate this country" garbage you seem to think is true. Furthermore, I'd love to see you point out to me using my exact words where I said I'm upset that Bin Laden was killed by American military forces. You're going to have a hard time of it because it didn't happen. What I said was while killing Bin Laden was a good thing, it's not the end of Al-Qaeda, nor the end of terrorism, and that we as a country should worry about possible retaliatory strikes. I don't know how you got "I'm upset Bin Laden was killed" from that, but I'd love to see you try.

You're disgusting and reprehensible. That's not based on your political ideology, but on your continued harassment campaign to slur me and insult me, with ZERO proof of anything you're saying. You've insulted my parents, you've accused me of bigamy (which is illegal, BTW)......WTF is wrong with you? Is there no low to which you will not stoop? Do me and everyone else on this board a favor and put me on your ignore list so you never have to worry about reading anything I say; maybe that will get to you leave me the fuck alone.

The terrorists have won.

The terrorists have lost to themselves from the get go. There's that old saying, "the best revenge is a life well lived" which is a big part of their problem with us. They are stuck in a depraved world of their own devise.

Edited by Gospel Zone

I think it's adorable that you think I not only hate the United States (if I did, I wouldn't still be living here) and that I'm upset that Navy SEALs killed Bin Laden (which I never said, nor inferred in even a minute way).

You confuse criticism for hate. You need to work on that. It's patriotic to criticize your country. It's patriotic to want better things for your country. It's patriotic to DEMAND better things from your country. I don't hate the United States, if I did, I wouldn't still be living here. I'd have moved years ago. The fact that I still live here, still pay taxes here, still work here, still do everything here, pretty much negates the "you hate this country" garbage you seem to think is true. Furthermore, I'd love to see you point out to me using my exact words where I said I'm upset that Bin Laden was killed by American military forces. You're going to have a hard time of it because it didn't happen. What I said was while killing Bin Laden was a good thing, it's not the end of Al-Qaeda, nor the end of terrorism, and that we as a country should worry about possible retaliatory strikes. I don't know how you got "I'm upset Bin Laden was killed" from that, but I'd love to see you try.

You're disgusting and reprehensible. That's not based on your political ideology, but on your continued harassment campaign to slur me and insult me, with ZERO proof of anything you're saying. You've insulted my parents, you've accused me of bigamy (which is illegal, BTW)......WTF is wrong with you? Is there no low to which you will not stoop? Do me and everyone else on this board a favor and put me on your ignore list so you never have to worry about reading anything I say; maybe that will get to you leave me the fuck alone.

Why would I want to put you on my ignore list? I actually like it when you reply back to my posts. I consider most of your replies as pure entertainment. Some of them are funny as hell. I like to think that I have a wonderful sense of humor and alot of what you type makes me laugh out loud.

This is where you and I really differ. You say that it is "patriotic to criticize your country". I say it is patriotic to "Love" your country in good times and bad and not "criticize" it. Criticize the government if you wish, not your Country. The United States of America itself as a Country, World Power and "institution" is vastly different then the current government or "administration" that happens to be in Power at the time. The U.S.A. will be around and be the Best Country on the Planet long after you and I are long gone. That is a fact. What is also a fact is that U.S. administrations change every 4 or 8 years. I happen to Love and Honor the United States of America no matter what political power is in charge (Republican or Democrat). Even if I would not agree with a certain party or their decisions, I would not "criticize" them, I would "question" them. Two totally different logics.

Not that it matters to you or anyone else, however, I happen to read two newspapers a day. I buy and read the USA Today and the Dallas Morning News. So as much as you may think that I talk to sidewalks and listen to Satan, in fact, I read the papers and listen to Led Zeppelin. And, by the way, my favorite colors are Red, White and Blue.

No it isn't.

Travelled much, have you?

Out of my three paragraphs you picked out that line and say, "No it isn't"? And not even elaborate on why? I really don't care who you are or where you are from, however, I am curious as to know what country is the best on the Planet. Again, not that your answer means anything to me, but what is?

I can't say mate as I haven't been to them all - that's my point really. How can you say that it's a fact that the USA is the best country on the planet and always will be? What evidence do you base that fact on? You love your country - yeah that's fine. But giving it "Best on the Planet" status is another thing altogether.

I can't say mate as I haven't been to them all - that's my point really. How can you say that it's a fact that the USA is the best country on the planet and always will be? What evidence do you base that fact on? You love your country - yeah that's fine. But giving it "Best on the Planet" status is another thing altogether.

I said this before and I will say it again. Whenever there is a natural or man-made disaster almost anywhere in the world, what country spends millions, if not billions, of dollars to send aid or relief to help out whatever country has been affected? Not just U.S. dollars, but United States Humanitarian aid and military assistance? Is that evidence and proof enough for you? That is the fact that I base that on! Japan, Indonesia, Iran, Haiti, Mexico, Bali, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Greece and dozens of other countries around the Planet. Some may say that they do not want the United States of America to be the Policemen of the World, but where would those same people be if the United States of America was not the Humanitarians of the World? I think that should satisfy the answer you requested. If not, I can and will give you further proof.

I gather you are from England (Albion)? Am I correct? If you are, then another fact I can base this on is the fact that You very well could be a German "Subject" if it were not for the assistance of the United States of America. I don't know about you but I read alot about history and the U.S.A. had a lend/lease policy with Britain back in the early days of WWII. Without that, Great Britian was in poor shape. So, again, this IS ONE OF THE REASONS THAT I SAY THAT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS AND IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET.

Whenever there is a natural or man-made disaster almost anywhere in the world, what country spends millions, if not billions, of dollars to send aid or relief to help out whatever country has been affected? Not just U.S. dollars, but United States Humanitarian aid and military assistance? Is that evidence and proof enough for you? That is the fact that I base that on! Japan, Indonesia, Iran, Haiti, Mexico, Bali, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Greece and dozens of other countries around the Planet.

AUSTRALIA!

Per capita we give as much. if not more than the USA.

The difference is we don't brag about it.

That is why IMO, mine is the greatest country on the planet.

Argue with that!