Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

I know you want to deliberately keep avoiding my point, but NONE of that actually proves how many WOULD have been killed had the actions not been stopped and therefore how many HAVE been saved.

But back to the fact that thousands HAVE been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001 - howcome no-one seems to give a sh*t about this?

You can't prove a negative.....and that includes your statement: "no-one seems to give a sh*t"

You can't prove a negative.....and that includes your statement: "no-one seems to give a sh*t"

Fair comment. And also my point.

And therefore also there is no proof for the comment "thousands have been saved".

As for my comment about people giving a sh*t I'm just going by this thread. Would be delighted to be proved shown to be wrong.

Edited by Knebby

Did I call my shot & hit a grand slam or what? Here ya go, less than 72 hours later:

The killing of bin Laden: Was it legal?

Had he been captured and not been killed, can you imagine the endless hoopla that would have ensued? We dodged a bullet there!

Edited by Gospel Zone

Had he not been killed, can you imagine the endless hoopla that would have ensued? We dodge a bullet there!

Correct, we were spared that circus and now the country can simply fast forward to partisan politics and grandstanding as usual.

Am I the only one who senses the continued feminization of the country - the pictures cannot be officially released as they are "too gruesome"...or my favorite his death brings us "closure". Can you even imagine men behaving in this manner after Geronimo was

hunted down.

United States Senators talking about closure...bunch of frigging pussies. dry.gif

MFTA - Did I say anywhere that I'm NOT thankful? People seem very ready to read all sorts of things into posts on this thread that are not there.

And no, I don't think it does, but I do prefer cold hard facts.

The only way to get your 'cold hard facts' is for people to die.

I'm sure MI5 could tell you how many people pass through Bluewater Shopping Centre everyday, and an estimate of how many would have been killed if that bomb had been detonated.

Maybe you could take a look at MI5's website which provides more details about the current threats to the UK:

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/output/international-terrorism.html

I know you want to deliberately keep avoiding my point, but NONE of that actually proves how many WOULD have been killed had the actions not been stopped and therefore how many HAVE been saved.

But back to the fact that thousands HAVE been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2001 - howcome no-one seems to give a sh*t about this?

Maybe because America and many Americans have become so very insular, they are fixated with 9/11 and the 3000 deaths that day and seem to forget the millions of deaths that the Terror organisation called the CIA has caused worldwide.

well said GZ and Mr Jones,

Correct, we were spared that circus and now the country can simply fast forward to partisan politics and grandstanding as usual.

Am I the only one who senses the continued feminization of the country - the pictures cannot be officially released as they are "too gruesome"...or my favorite his death brings us "closure". Can you even imagine men behaving in this manner after Geronimo was hunted down.

In the first two world wars,our government censored photos as being too gruesome.

[united States Senators talking about closure...bunch of frigging pussies. dry.gif

No loads is a better term. :D

This thread has been an interesting read. I was unaware of the "Underwear bomber":

"Is that a bomb in your pants or are you happy to see me?"

"Both!"

The fact remains that a very disturbed man that caused the death to thousands and worldwide fear has been killed. I don't mourn him. I personally don't want to see photographic proof of his death and I don't want my kids to either.

Can you even imagine men behaving in this manner after Geronimo was

hunted down.

You know, as soon as they mentioned the code word "Geronimo", I was wondering how long it would take for American Indians to voice a complaint, and I can't say I blame them. For my money, probably the only complete mistake of this whole mission. Considering the care they took to be politically correct to Muslims, somebody should have known better. Maybe "Ali Baba" was spoken for ?

The USA has dodged nothing.

There will be Congressional hearings and investigations as there always is and someone looking for a scapegoat.

So let me get this straight, any man, Senator or otherwise who is looking for "closure" is a friggin' pussy, eh?

I'm sure the Fire Fighters, Police and Port Authority officers who watched their mates perish while trying to rescue victims from the World Trade Towers will find comfort in those words.

Not to mention the families of the servicemen and women fighting and dying in Afghanistan and Iraq etc.

There have been 1000's of lives lost to terrorist attacks over the years and yes there have been numerous lives prevented from being lost due to the increased vigilance since 9/11.

One question that still hasn't been answered to this day and that is, how was 9/11 allowed to happen in the first place?

We had a terrorist bomb detonated outside the Hilton Hotel in Sydney in the early '70's by some moronic group called Ananda Marga who claimed responsibility.

Four council workers, "Garbo's", were killed when they emptied a rubbish bin into a garbage compactor.

Hardly a holy jihad but all the same just as deadly.

The point is, these "random" attacks can happen anywhere at any time and no-one is ever 100% safe from them.

Let's hope it doesn't happen again but sadly it probably will somewhere and sooner rather than later, unfortunately.

So with all the rhetoric and articles spruiking the end of Al Qaeda etc, if we get carried away and become complacent and not stay vigilant, then heaven help us.

Edited by Reggie29

Personally, I'm just glad that the SOB is dead and just like all the innocent people he and his followers are reponsible for killing, he never saw it coming. I find that rather fitting and I couldn't give a rats ass about the semantics of what word was used... was he given a proper Muslim burial.... or heaven forbid.. was somebody offended ! He was a mass murder folks. He doesn' t / didn't deserve any respect . I hope the same fate awaits his other coherts

Personally, I'm just glad that the SOB is dead and just like all the innocent people he and his followers are reponsible for killing, he never saw it coming. I find that rather fitting and I couldn't give a rats ass about the semantics of what word was used... was he given a proper Muslim burial.... or heaven forbid.. was somebody offended ! He was a mass murder folks. He doesn' t / didn't deserve any respect . I hope the same fate awaits his other coherts

Hi Ally!

I agree with you except on one thing.

He did see it coming, if only briefly.

For my money, probably the only complete mistake of this whole mission.

The big mistake afaic was not keeping his death a secret. At least until we had time to sort through all the intel we got at his hideout and go after the rest of the AQ network before they even knew what had happened.

EYE am glad that this, corrupt Western-backed RIGHT WING culprit died...pity of natural causes:):):):)......and quoting an old Chilean saying: "may the desparacidos eat his soul forever" (translated from old Spanish:):))

Dead

Augusto Pinochet

Field:Military, Politics

Info:Longtime leader of Chile, he overthrew elected president Salvador Allende in a bloody military coup in 1973 and finally relinquished power after 17 years

Date of Birth:11/25/1915Date of Death:12/10/2006Age at Death:91

Cause of Death:

Heart attack

Edited by spidersandsnakes

My view is that a lot of people in this thread are speaking as if nothing has happened between 9/11 and now. THOUSANDS have been killed since then in this "War On Terror" - I guess because it hasn't been on OUR soil it has been easier not to notice it.

I understand your view. As a US citizen I recognize that we not fighting the battle of terrorism alone. I will further say, I absolutely acknowledge the US is NOT the only country that suffers loss of innocent people, military, and families who are victims of organized terror. I recognize Australia, Denmark, Israel, Japan, Britain, and many of our strongest allies, brothers & Sisters who stand guard, and risk there lives for the safety of mankind. May God bless you, and protect your families.

In the same breath, id like to thank the United States of America, President Barack Obama, and our fantastic Military armed forces for having the courage and resolve to stamp out evil, in bringing justice for all to a despicable monster, and making the world a safer place for all mankind.

One question that still hasn't been answered to this day and that is, how was 9/11 allowed to happen in the first place?

It has been answered, but I will further elaborate. The 9/11 attack used the United Stated greatest attribute against us. Freedom. Up until 9/11 the US had a naive false self provided state of safety. Our doors (and to this day really still are) are open to the entire world to come in, bring your faith, your culture, and you family to a safe place where all are welcome.

Today, (as mentioned) we'd like to think we still have those values. Just now, we are watching a bit closer, actually paying attention, and hopefully putting the safety of all our citizens up front.

Osama bin Laden is dead, move on.

He can only die once.

Frankly I don't think there is any place for humour on this thread given it is about a person who orchestrated the deaths of over 3000 people from many countries who was killed, apparently unarmed.

BTW, killing with intent is Murder. no matter whether he deserved it or not.

It would be, except there are probably defenses in this case. He made it on to their hit list for a reason.

To all the Red Necks and Conspiracy Theorists pounding your chests and bleating, get over yourselves, the whole jingoistic / doubt thing is fast becoming tedium.

I haven't seen too many posts here offering well wishes to the victims of that tragic event known as 9/11 who undoubtedly have been reliving the experience since day one.

To the victims and their families friends I say peace to you all and and may you find closure.

Lest We Forget.

So, I just pray for everyone concerned to find serenity and healing, including the victims, and leave it in Heaven's providence and mercy to pass judgement and guide any lost souls on the path to salvation. He looks into the depths of our souls and absolves us at His discretion.

Moses came down from the mountain with a message of "thou shalt not kill". Generally it is a mortal sin to kill, the problem being that once a life is taken you cannot simply return the stolen merchandise to the shelf, unlike the venial sin of shoplifting.

It was a show of good faith towards the followers of Islam that the U.S. Navy tried to give the deceased person as proper of a burial as they knew how to do. And knowing that they had taken a man's life, however guilty he may have been, it seems maybe the guys realized that they ultimately answer to a higher power. They were apparently just wanting to show reverance for any human life lost, even that of someone who has done great wrong. Or it may have simply been to have favorable public relations and limit repercussions.

Edited by Silver Rider

I understand your view. As a US citizen I recognize that we not fighting the battle of terrorism alone. I will further say, I absolutely acknowledge the US is NOT the only country that suffers loss of innocent people, military, and families who are victims of organized terror. I recognize Australia, Denmark, Israel, Japan, Britain, and many of our strongest allies, brothers & Sisters who stand guard, and risk there lives for the safety of mankind. May God bless you, and protect your families.

In the same breath, id like to thank the United States of America, President Barack Obama, and our fantastic Military armed forces for having the courage and resolve to stamp out evil, in bringing justice for all to a despicable monster, and making the world a safer place for all mankind.

Very fair, understood, and cheers to you :beer: