JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

There's some really overpriced crap in there. Thirteen quid for a mug, get the fuck out. You need to be a mug to pay those stupid prices....And Polo shirts wtf ? how un rock and roll are they. You would not see me dead in one of those things.

we we really want

Page shades

Page scarf

dragon suit pyjamas

a jimmy page Led Wallet

replica pendant(s)

zozo overly small jumpers

You got that right! Tie-dyed T's, oh yes please. Can't believe he picked any of that extremely tacky merch on offer!

Old Led Wallet has an expensive lifestyle to maintain, especially with the extended family and a couple of divorces that he probably took a hit from. Just enjoy what you enjoy from the man and just look away when you see this vulgar crap for sale. Clearly some people want this stuff.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I might be...hmm...one of those people. Lol. Just a few of the more tasteful items, including some to give as gifts.

One mans trash is another mans treasure! Who are we to judge?

Thanks. I'm going to buy a shirt and mug as gifts.

I did buy the grey t-shirt, as I have always loved the drawing used for Lucifer Rising, I admit, but I still am a little surprised he is selling this type of thing. I do love his new look for his facebook page. That is very tasteful and more like him.

I did buy the grey t-shirt, as I have always loved the drawing used for Lucifer Rising, I admit, but I still am a little surprised he is selling this type of thing. I do love his new look for his facebook page. That is very tasteful and more like him.

I hear you, aen27. -- and agree.

I really detest the "Led Wallet" comments. The pricing isn't outrageous, and Page is trying to establish a "brand" of sorts...although I have to admit that, before I opened the email, I was hoping it had something to do with his archives.

we we really want

Page shades

Page scarf

dragon suit pyjamas

a jimmy page Led Wallet

replica pendant(s)

zozo overly small jumpers

A mug designed by Denby in England would have been really great!!! The Lucifer Rising tees look okay though.

It looks like Jimmy has hired a new company to manage his online presence. The shop announcement and design was different to the kind of thing we've seen before, the email that was sent out had a brand new design (and text written by someone who knows email marketing), his Facebook page has been refreshed, and someone new is running his Twitter account (someone who does this for a living - they're using images and quotes and tweeting from a different client than the automated tweets we've seen before).

Bodes well, Jimmy has invested in his digital presence ahead of...something? We'll see.

I really detest the "Led Wallet" comments. The pricing isn't outrageous, and Page is trying to establish a "brand" of sorts...although I have to admit that, before I opened the email, I was hoping it had something to do with his archives.

Actually the pricing is outrageous. I would have hoped that Jimmy would be trying to establish a band, rather than a brand - it's not like nobody knows who he is ffs.

The average price of an 'official band merchandise' mug is £9.99. There are a couple out there at £11.99 (do a Google, or search-engine-of-your-choice search and find out for yourself).

That makes his mugs, on average, about 30% dearer than pretty much anything else you can buy.

Also I couldn't find any (new) at £13. Other than Jimmy's of course.

As henrybonzo says:

you can buy LZ mugs in HMV for a fiver

You can have mugs printed with your own artwork in small runs for about £4.99 a mug. Do a larger run and they get cheaper. That's just over a 160% profit margin!!!

Now for the T-shirts.

Let's check out the offical ledzeppelin.com merch page.

Hm..... Most expensive t-shirts come with the deluxe CD set of the new remasters, priced at £26.95

T-shirts without the CD sets are £19.95

Jimmy's are £29.99 - that's around a 50% markup.

Chances are he uses the same supplier.

Now, just add all this to the fact that everything else he's merchandised from the photo autobiography onwards has been way overpriced from the average fans point of view and a compelling picture emerges. You may detest the 'Led Wallet' comments, but you have to give them a little credence.

If he does end up playing anywhere anytime soon, I wonder how much the tickets will go for? Will they only be available 'exclusively from jimmypage.com' at a small venue for 'those that can afford an evening with Jimmy Page'.

Cynic buttons well and truly pressed.

what is the point of this merch anyway? the polo shirts are rubbish unless you are a JP fan and golfer

music maestro please? we're all a bit bored of asking,

he lied to my face man, when i asked him about new music he said maybe ;)

I opened the email today thinking it would be about music, oh well!

The t-shirt looks very nice, the price not so much.

The polo shirt is really rock'n'roll :sarcastic_hand:

The mug for £13.00 must be a misprint or a joke.

Anyway good that Jimmy is producing new erm....stuff.

If he was selling this stuff last summer, that polo shirt would depress me...I would be like, oh man jimmy is definitely retired. But since the release of the first zep records with extra fascinating material...nothing can affect my zeppelin buzz...haha.

Archived