JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Thanks Melcore, didn't see SuperDave's post. SuperDave I searched to see if it might be posted elsewhere, is anyone archiving all this type of audio? I wonder how much audio material like that (alternative takes, demos, etc.) has been on the site? Would make a neat On This Day CD what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

I know today's post is not a new one but this point has only just occurred...

In the setting of that cool design and all the energy behind it, the actual TV has nothing to do with the 1950s ... i wasn't around then but I do remember TVs which looked like that one and they were all late sixties/ early seventies.

Does that sound nerdy ? I just hate that someone has conceived the idea of a mid-century image and has used the wrong image !

The OTD for 25 March says in part ...."t was so chaotic getting into the building and, although the audience were really enthusiastic, the whole of this episode had left such a sour taste that we didn’t play in France again with Led Zeppelin until Paris in the 1980 tour."

There's no Paris 1980 gig is there???

Led Zeppelin was scheduled to perform at the Palais des Sports in Paris on June 14, 1980 but it was one of nine shows postponed on account of more extensive tour rehearsals being necessary. Paris was the only postponed show among the nine cancelled instead.

Led Zeppelin was scheduled to perform at the Palais des Sports in Paris on June 14, 1980 but it was one of nine shows postponed on account of more extensive tour rehearsals being necessary. Paris was the only postponed show among the nine cancelled instead.

Interesting to know. Several years ago, while in Paris on holiday I stayed across the street from the Palais des Sports. It was pretty cool to see this as I know LZ played there in 1973 and staying so close to there was pretty cool. It's in the very south part of Paris.

I remember today's OTD from when it originally appeared...very interesting thinking of them in tiny venues!

The reason I posted this is that I just noticed that today's OTD has a post script note.

And... I am on my phone, so I can't tell for sure, but I don't see a displayed date.

After talking about the Charrington Pub and the Toby Jug as venues, the note below is added.

From our notes, the dates was performed of the 9th, some people say it was the 16th - it was a long time ago and I don't remember!

:) peace

Edited for clarity :)

I know today's post is not a new one but this point has only just occurred...

In the setting of that cool design and all the energy behind it, the actual TV has nothing to do with the 1950s ... i wasn't around then but I do remember TVs which looked like that one and they were all late sixties/ early seventies.

Does that sound nerdy ? I just hate that someone has conceived the idea of a mid-century image and has used the wrong image !

Yeah, that was a 70s tv, with the plastic simulated wood grain. I found that yellow wallpaper graphic very strange, but it did make the TV set appear 3d.

• 2 weeks later...

Classic Rock Magazine interviewed one of the people who selects content to go on Jimmy's site:

“Jimmy definitely wasn't involved in the making of these videos”, reveals a spokesman for the website, which has been running since July 2011. “The site is run by small collection of people, and we're continually searching for new and interesting material. We came across a video on YouTube one afternoon, and Jimmy was very receptive to the idea putting it up. So we've spent hours — if not days — searching for others.

"If we see any more we like, we'll definitely add them to the site. There's a huge variety of material spanning Jimmy's amazing career, from footage shot at Hiroshima featuring the music of Henryk Gorecki to a Cambodian version of Wham's Last Christmas!"

Apart from the On This Day section (which anyone can read), anyone who registers with the website gets access to unique content and an online store. This sells exclusive signed prints and quality vinyl editions of the Death Wish II soundtrack and the previously unreleased Lucifer Rising.

The spokesman added, “As with all Zeppelin and other projects, Jimmy is hands-on. The site is a long term commitment and will expand and develop in the future. It'll get pretty interesting!”

Classic Rock Magazine

• 4 weeks later...

Conneyfogle honored a request from me a few years ago and made a great video/doc to compliment this version of SIBLY in Birmingham.

I've stood on my stump before about this version.

Plant's vocals (inflections) are off the charts. Page, to me, compared to other '77 versions, keeps his guitar artistically restrained. It's like Jimmy plays in accordance with Robert's vibe that night, or vice versa.

Just a fantastic rendition...(bearing in mind that just because I was at this show, it never jaded my opinion......)

Love the little dig about the emotional Firm concert :-)

What's he digging at? Just "everyone who was actually on the stage was way too plastered to actually remember", or something more?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived