Jimmy Page BBC 6music interview

truth and beauty

Very interesting interview, but I doubt he'll be returning to the stage very soon. I mean what would be a good idea if he did his silver jubilee of the last time he toured with his Outrider album. Yes folks that's 25 years ago next year !! I caught the last night of that tour in Manchester and have a very good recording of it too. :D

Jimmy was interviewed earlier this week by BBC 6music news .

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00s7txp

Truth and Beauty, thanks for the link!!! I always enjoy an up- to- date interview. Any news is good news here these days.

I couldn't help but notice in the short article below the video-the journalist spelled them as "Led Zepellin" and said he (Page) had just released

an album of material from Death Wish 3.....he could have done his homework more accurately and used some better English. That makes for a cheap

source when reading.

Regardless, (of the writer misprints) the info is much appreciated. :thumbsup:

There's always hope. The famously fractious Beach Boys are touring for their 50th anniversary (great show, saw them last week) and even have a new album coming out. You never know.

I'm just happy that Lord Page is alive and well.

Been hearing the same old thing about new music for ages now, and he's only getting older. Same with performing live. If he's so keen to be on stage performing then why isn't he??

I firmly believe that Jimmy is waiting for Robert to issue some new studio stuff. I mean what could he do better than that ? It's not at all a matter of being dry on inspiration. IMHO he doesn't want any new/alternate singer to sing on his new tracks. Jimmy knows deeply that LZ is the best part of his legacy and he doesn't want to dissipate his energy on unfocused projects. So it's Robert or nothing. And if i'm seeing well, it seems plain RIGHT.

I firmly believe that Jimmy is waiting for Robert to issue some new studio stuff. I mean what could he do better than that ? It's not at all a matter of being dry on inspiration. IMHO he doesn't want any new/alternate singer to sing on his new tracks. Jimmy knows deeply that LZ is the best part of his legacy and he doesn't want to dissipate his energy on unfocused projects. So it's Robert or nothing. And if i'm seeing well, it seems plain RIGHT.

I do believe you are right in that its Zeppelin or nothing...outside of what were seeing with guest appearences. I have always thought Pagey has avoided, for the most part, playing smaller halls and risking not selling out. Wouldn't surprise me to see reissues of the Firm, "Whatever Happened to Jugula," as well as Coverdale/Page.

I think that he shares a few really insightful comments in this interview - pertaining to his appreciation of the aesthetic/attention to detail that Genesis operates from and that he feels an affinity with "cause that's what I'm about".

The guy is a perfectionist - look at the first 5 years of Zeppelin - untouchable. Now I believe his output whilst struggling with addictions is something that he has come to terms with (the good stuff and perhaps some of the less fabulous) - I've never read him make any apologies/ share regrets about his substance abuse - I think he just views it for what it was and accepts it as the past. It's very hard to deliver perfection when you're not entirely in control. My interpretation of things now would be one where he is very mindful of delivering only the very best in whatever format he's working in - hence the gorgeous packaging delivery of the Lucifer Rising LP, the gorgeous Genesis book, the truly engaging/ innovative website (daily update front page). All things that he's clearly taken his time over and ensured were delivered flawlessly. I get the feeling Mr Page has a clarity now that perhaps has not been so present in sections of his past. I am looking forward to whatever he next releases - as I believe it'll be top shelf - beautiful and desirable.

My personal wish would be for a solo acoustic album - drawing upon the myriad of great acoustic influences he's absorbed over the years - part delta blues, part Jansch-esque folk, part north African traditional. THAT - is something I believe he could deliver wonderful - and with complete dignity.

Go on Mr Page, you know you want to!

My personal wish would be for a solo acoustic album - drawing upon the myriad of great acoustic influences he's absorbed over the years - part delta blues, part Jansch-esque folk, part north African traditional. THAT - is something I believe he could deliver wonderful - and with complete dignity.

that's not a bad idea. i think that could go over very well and he doesn't need a band to do this. he's just as good of an acoustic player as an electric.

I think that he shares a few really insightful comments in this interview - pertaining to his appreciation of the aesthetic/attention to detail that Genesis operates from and that he feels an affinity with "cause that's what I'm about".

The guy is a perfectionist - look at the first 5 years of Zeppelin - untouchable. Now I believe his output whilst struggling with addictions is something that he has come to terms with (the good stuff and perhaps some of the less fabulous) - I've never read him make any apologies/ share regrets about his substance abuse - I think he just views it for what it was and accepts it as the past. It's very hard to deliver perfection when you're not entirely in control. My interpretation of things now would be one where he is very mindful of delivering only the very best in whatever format he's working in - hence the gorgeous packaging delivery of the Lucifer Rising LP, the gorgeous Genesis book, the truly engaging/ innovative website (daily update front page). All things that he's clearly taken his time over and ensured were delivered flawlessly. I get the feeling Mr Page has a clarity now that perhaps has not been so present in sections of his past. I am looking forward to whatever he next releases - as I believe it'll be top shelf - beautiful and desirable.

Go on Mr Page, you know you want to!

Engaging and innovaative website, huh? It was crap from the start - full of errors and aside from the daily reference of the far past which is really meaningless in 2012 it has been a huge disappointment. Look at the photos....garbage. Sorry, Love Jimmy - Jimmy of the past.

Archived