How long have you been a fan?

MollyHendrix

135 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a fan?

I was a late bloomer - 11 years old in 1971 when I heard "Immigrant Song" while walking to my grandparents house in the dead of winter. Hearing "We come from the land of the ice and snow...." against that thunderous beat had me hooked from that minute till today!

Fell in love with LZ via "Kashmir" in July 1979 so it's been 33 years for me.

I fell in love with the riff of "Kashmir" at about 5 years old (1979-1980) before I made the connection it was Led Zep. I thought it was a new song. I was only 4-5. :D

I think that is another reason I have a special love for PG. It was released exactly a month almost before I was born.

Long time. I was maybe 10, 11 years old when I first heard them on the radio and really paid attention to it. That was what, 20 years ago? Like I said, long time. Not as long as some other members here, but I was born two years after the band ended, so I don't have the benefit of having been at the height of it all.

I've only been listening to them for one year, I haven't regretted it since. I have all the studio and live albums :D. I bought Mothership after hearing that someone in school liked Led Zeppelin. At first I wasn't really into it, but I bought the first 3 albums and thoroughly enjoyed them (especially Led Zeppelin III). When I had them all, I was really happy, but upon listening to the live albums, I thought Led Zeppelin were (are) amazing! So, after a summer holiday of Led Zeppelin, I start year 11 telling everyone about Led Zeppelin (After being heavily obsessed with The Beatles for the previous year). Of course, all they want to listen to is Oasis, Coldplay, etc. Which I guess isn't too bad. :peace:

A year on, they're still one of my personal favourites. Especially after being blown away by some of their unofficial concerts :angel: Blueberry Hill 1970, Texas Pop Festival 1969, Royal Albert Hall 1970 (yes, I have the DVD) and Earls Court 1975 just shocked me so much (mainly because these were 3 hour concerts and 20+ minutes of No Quarter on Earls Court and LA Forum 1977).

So I'm only new to Led Zeppelin compared to everyone else, but I guess it's good to know that the younger generation such as myself will still appreciate some of the greatest music and that Led Zeppelin will be remembered for generations to come (I know that sounded proper cheesy).

I listened to Zeppelin on my own since I was around 6 or seven. My dad said I was concieved during Ten Years Gone.

I assume you are unable to listen to this song today. :blink:

4 years... Summer going into high school. Before then, I had heard stairway, immigrant song, Kashmir, etc on the radio, but they didn't hit home until then. It's like they filled a missing void I previously didn't know existed.

I think it really began when I started reading the book "A Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin" just to pass time, and I listened to the songs to see what the authors were talking about.

For about a year, I have listened to their songs and have just fell in love with them. They helped me get through my freshman year of high school, I can't go a day without hearing a lick from wizard and master Jimmy Page. I have never been obsessed with any band like I have with Zeppelin. <3

• 1 month later...

I've been a fan for two years and a few months but it seems to me more than that. The best thing is that as time passes by, my approach to Led Zeppelin doesn't "get worse", it gets better and better!! I mean, time enable me to appreciate songs that perhaps at first I didn't use to listen to... :yesnod:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

When I heard the twelve string strumming section just before the solo in stairway on the radio, I was hooked. That changed my life! Man I will never forget that feeling. I was 13, now 19. Been my favourite band ever since.

Pretty much since day 1 of the release of their first album. Loved it immediately. I think I was around 12 or so then. My brother liked it a lot too, and he was around 7 at that time. He also liked the Doors at that age as well.

They were, man - you were just too old :P

There's one LZ show from around 72-73 where Plant dedicates a song to 'The worst band in the world - Slade'. I'm not sure whether this was an early example of his notoriously impenetrable sense of humour, but even after all these years, that pissed me off big time :mad:

Didn't Noddy holder try and recruit Plant into an early version of Slade, or whatever they were called in 1966?

Maybe that was RP's little dig by way of response?

I got into Zeppelin around 75/76, something like that.

Been a fan since the early 70's 1st memory is listening to Whole Lotta Love on my headphones, and being utterly amazed when the music jumped from one ear to the other and back again, maybe the 1st time I heard music in stereo on my headphones. Even now sit most nights listening to Zep on my headphones. Their early music is my favourite, love the raw and loudness of Communication Breakdown and Dazed and Confused etc

I was around 12 yo, which is 17 years back. I am about to grow adult in Zeppelin Time ;). Its definitely over 10 years as for the poll.... Led Zeppelin was my first musical mistress and was, is and forever will be nr 1 !!!

Late 70's before I was in High School I went to see The Song Remains The Same.....

I only knew Stairway to Heaven. So I was excited to see Hundreds and HUNDREDS in line for a Concert Movie...

Well I had to wait till the Video came out.....

They Sold Out 30 feet from getting tickets..

Then a Mini Riot broke out LOL.

I started Listening to them more carefully and finally when I got to High School I bought ITTOD and was BLOWN Away....

And found out they Played All My Love.... a song I would couple rollerskate too in Jr. High LOL

Archived