New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

In terms of completeness and/or musical enjoyment, so far I've been most impressed by the In the Court of the Crimson King box and The Dark Side of the Moon "Immersion" box set.

I'll be more interested, and derive more pleasure, from these boxes because they're Zeppelin, though.

I'm still keeping my expectations low, based on my general experience with DE's. If they turn out to be great, then that will be a big plus. From a completist perspective, I must have them all, naturally.

I'm looking for information pertaining to the vinyl pressing locations for the new remasters. I pre-ordered the super deluxe sets on Amazon.com. If I order the same on amazon.co.uk will I actually get a different pressing? The vinyl pressings for the recent Pink Floyd remasters from the USA and Europe were quite different in packaging and pressing quality. This is why I ask. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Pretty ballsy if you ask me, posting a pirate link on the official Zeppelin forum. Just makes it easier for the team to have it taken down, though. ;)

Can't see why they would care at this point. I mean, the song has already been played on the radio...KLOS's "Get the Led Out" played it Tuesday night...so it's not as if they've revealed a big secret. And anyone who would accept a YouTube clip as a substitute for the real thing ala buying the cd or album is a moron anyway and not worth the trouble of worrying about.

Can't see why they would care at this point. I mean, the song has already been played on the radio...KLOS's "Get the Led Out" played it Tuesday night...so it's not as if they've revealed a big secret. And anyone who would accept a YouTube clip as a substitute for the real thing ala buying the cd or album is a moron anyway and not worth the trouble of worrying about.

You obviously don't know how dangerous a site like YouTube can be, then. I (unfortunately) have met such "morons," who would rather download lossy YT audio than pay a dollar for the track on iTunes.

Isn't the YouTube link from the "Official Led Zeppelin" YouTube account? That's where I first saw/heard the song.

The YT link from the previous page is not -- but I see they've uploaded the full track themselves, so I guess it's a moot point.

It was really interesting to hear the Jam Sandwich riff at the end of GTBD/ CB...

Sounds an awful lot like "It's Your Thing," to me. ;)

I'm still keeping my expectations low, based on my general experience with DE's. If they turn out to be great, then that will be a big plus. From a completist perspective, I must have them all, naturally.

Not a bad idea, keeping them low. Makes the good that much better, and the bad (or at least not great) slightly less so.

Well, that was probably the nick behind the Jam Sandwich riff, but yes, it sounds like both.

Definitely where Jimmy got the riff -- he'd been including bits of "It's Your Thing" into "Communication Breakdown" since (at least) June.

I'm looking for information pertaining to the vinyl pressing locations for the new remasters. I pre-ordered the super deluxe sets on Amazon.com. If I order the same on amazon.co.uk will I actually get a different pressing? The vinyl pressings for the recent Pink Floyd remasters from the USA and Europe were quite different in packaging and pressing quality. This is why I ask. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

I am not really sure how different pressing plants, end up with different results, is there not say a THX standard when it comes to vinyl.?

I am the sort chap who is taking in that new fresh vinyl smell to bother with the details. :blush:

The smell is intoxicating, Cecil. This will be the first vinyl I will have purchased since the 80's and I don't currently have a working turntable. All the more reason to get the old one working again...;)

Jimmy has chosen Pallas in Germany

^^^^ That's right, when the remasters of the Fourth and HOTH are released this coming October the bonus discs will only have alternate versions of the tracks on the original albums. No live stuff. A bit of a downer for those hoping for a live show or two.

^^^^ That's right, when the remasters of the Fourth and HOTH are released this coming October the bonus discs will only have alternate versions of the tracks on the original albums. No live stuff. A bit of a downer for those hoping for a live show or two.

October?

October?

The rumoured timeline of these releases is as follows:

• October 2014: Led Zeppelin IV and Houses of the Holy
  • February/March 2015: Physical Graffiti and Presence
  • Summer 2015: In Through the Out Door and Coda

The rumoured timeline of these releases is as follows:

• October 2014: Led Zeppelin IV and Houses of the Holy
  • February/March 2015: Physical Graffiti and Presence
  • Summer 2015: In Through the Out Door and Coda

Okay...so why would Jimmy's New Year's announcement only mention the first three coming in 2014?

I continue to hope and pray that we get No Quarter live from Earls Court 24th May 1975 on the HOTH or PG set. What possible justification can than there be for this masterpiece failing to see the light of day in all its multi-tracked glory?

That would be spectacular. As far as I'm concerned, the single greatest performance of NQ.

Archived