New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Go for the Super Deluxes, if your wallet can afford it as I did. I know you're one of the core fans as I am and these editions will be quite special and may be something we will never see again. Don't know how many of these SDs will be produced, so hoping for one down the road long after its' release may not be guaranteed. There may be Ebay for these later, but could be quite inflated, depending on supply and demand. Who knows? It's really up to the individual on how much you want it. how great these releases may or may not be and how important it is to you!

Rats. I was going to just stick with the Deluxe CDs. But no, I read stuff like this. Can my wallet afford it? Not a chance. Am I going to do it? I'm looking at a bank to knock over. What's a few years in jail compared to having the best of the best?

Does anyone know if a studio take of "As Long As I Have You" was ever recorded? I would be elated to hear one on the Coda box set or something

That's the million dollar question. If it existed, i would honestly pay the price of the super deluxe just for that song. Our only hope now, if it was recorded, is it's included on CODA.

That's the million dollar question. If it existed, i would honestly pay the price of the super deluxe just for that song. Our only hope now, if it was recorded, is it's included on CODA.

Yeah I would defiantly fork up for that!

Something interesting happened to me at work today, I was speaking with an Australian guy on the phone, and he asked me how much I made and I told him, and also told him I was working an extra shift today to get the new Led Zeppelin box set, and then he started talking about John Paul Jones using Manson instruments since the Zeppelin days, and then he told me he was a personal friend of Andy and Hugh Manson. Pretty cool I thought. Yeah I still have to get the super deluxe of Zeppelin 3 pre-ordered, I will be doing that soon enough.

The production sounds good on the Paris communication breakdown, good separation of guitars, drums, vocal. It sounds like the music is being illustrated, like the drums fade way back during the guitar solo. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of it, the production gives a movement to the music, even if it might be accentuating and spelling out a bit much. But that's better for zeps music I guess, instead of keeping everything even and linear sounding.

The alternate takes alone, are going to be sooo interesting !

So I must have missed this, are there Regular, Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Platinum Deluxe versions?

So I must have missed this, are there Regular, Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Platinum Deluxe versions?

Here you go!

There is a Super Deluxe box set for each album that has everything; 2-CD and multi-LP releases; single CD and LP releases; and the albums will be available on iTunes and elsewhere, obviously.

Thanks Melcore.

Holy crap, $118??? I'm sorry, but this really smells like taking advantage of your fans. But for those who can afford it, I hope you enjoy it!

Nah, it is pretty fair. Jimmy is pretty reasonable, and there are bands out there that are sooo much worse. Zeppelin seem to follow market trends, but with far more tact and respect than some bands who really gouge their fanbase.

Speaking of Pallas pressing plant; The Celebration Day vinyl box set was pressed at Pallas. However they decided to print the boxes seperately (US/Europe) but the vinyls are the same for both continents. I have a very fine stereo set up with a high end turntable (ProJect, Rotel, Canton, Ortofon 2M black stylus) and can confirm the very high quality pressings they make and I am sure that the reissues will be treated with the same respect.

Thank you for your feedback. Looks like I'll be fine with just the US copy then.

Nah, it is pretty fair. Jimmy is pretty reasonable, and there are bands out there that are sooo much worse. Zeppelin seem to follow market trends, but with far more tact and respect than some bands who really gouge their fanbase.

Definely agreed. I ordered the first three Super Deluxe sets and feel it will be worth the price knowing how much attention and detail Jimmy puts into things like this!

Does anyone know if a studio take of "As Long As I Have You" was ever recorded? I would be elated to hear one on the Coda box set or something

I'm sure of it.

I'd also like to hear a studio version of We're Gonna Groove or Train Kept A Rollin'

Agreed Super Dave! I bought the deluxe for the same reasons, plus I want Walter Jr. to have the experience of opening new Zeppelin vinyl and all the goodies that go along with each release.

I'm sure of it.

I'd also like to hear a studio version of We're Gonna Groove or Train Kept A Rollin'

You're full of something...

:P

Just kidding. I've love to hear any of those, but am unconvinced they were recorded (or, if they were, still exist).

...I was just directed to this site, and I must say it's the best reproduction/deciphering of the lyrics I've ever seen. The song being discussed was "Carouselambra," which led me to listen to the song...I can't thank Jimmy and John Davis enough for remastering In Through the Out Door. After twenty or so years, I finally "get" it all.

...I was just directed to this site, and I must say it's the best reproduction/deciphering of the lyrics I've ever seen. The song being discussed was "Carouselambra," which led me to listen to the song...I can't thank Jimmy and John Davis enough for remastering In Through the Out Door. After twenty or so years, I finally "get" it all.

"The First 100% Accurate Transcription of Led Zeppelin's Lyrics."

I'm not so sure. For third verse of "Fool in the Rain," he has, "Now, I will stand in the rain on the corner/I'll watch the people go shufflin' downtown."

I've always believed it's "watch the people go shopping downtown." Plant is making a P sound, not an F sound followed by an L sound. But thanks for the tip on Carouselambra.

"The First 100% Accurate Transcription of Led Zeppelin's Lyrics."

I'm not so sure. For third verse of "Fool in the Rain," he has, "Now, I will stand in the rain on the corner/I'll watch the people go shufflin' downtown."

I've always believed it's "watch the people go shopping downtown." Plant is making a P sound, not an F sound followed by an L sound. But thanks for the tip on Carouselambra.

I should have tempered my statement by saying that it might not be 100% accurate, as it claims. :P

Upon careful listening of the track -- the remastered version ;) -- I have to say that either "shopping" or "shufflin'" sound possible. I'll try to isolate it further.

As far as I can tell, "Carouselambra" is spot on.

EDIT: Used phase inversion, it definitely sounds like "shufflin'" to me.

I've always felt the lyric for the close of Custard Pie is "Sure wanna piece of your custard pie" - as this fits with the polite tone of the last verse and the way Plant delivers it on the release [Your custard pie, sweet and nice, when you cut it mamma, save me a slice of your - custard pie, I declare it's sweet and nice! love your custard pie!!..... When you cut it momma, momma pleeaase, save me a slice] Makes sense to me in that moment, even if not the written lyric, Plant went for the continue feel of that "politeness" with a perfectly fitting "Sure wanna piece of your custard pie!".

I am sure many will disagree, I'll continue to believe it! :P

Custard and curdling go hand in hand, in the cooking process, and it sounds to me like Plant sings, "When you're curdled momma, momma please save me a slice".

No I'm pretty sure it's - "...When you cut it momma, momma please save me a slice!"

Haha, didn't mean to turn this into "let's decipher Zeppelin's lyrics -- the thread!" :P

Listening again to the Davis remasters, it seems very clear that the two lines in question are as the site have them: "When you cut it, mama," and "I'm chewin' a piece of your custard pie."

Archived