New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know (having heard a preview of the LZIII re release) if SIBLY still includes the squeaky bass pedal?

I like it and would miss it but I've read that JP regretted its getting onto the album saying that it sounds louder and louder in repeated listens.

I just pre ordered the third Led Zeppelin Super Deluxe box set, I ordered the first two in the first week the pre order began. 7 day shipping or something like that.

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know (having heard a preview of the LZIII re release) if SIBLY still includes the squeaky bass pedal?

I like it and would miss it but I've read that JP regretted its getting onto the album saying that it sounds louder and louder in repeated listens.

I'm sure it does, that bass pedal squeaked on several songs. It's one of my favorite things about SIBLY.

Jimmy was asked about this, and although it may have been in jest, he said that the squeaky bass pedal remains. Then he said that they added some '80's sounding synths to update the track by about 10 years. Okay, maybe I made up the part about the synths. :-)

This one stands out for a few reasons...

Less photoshop (i.e., not a Ross Halfin photo), less sycophancy (i.e., not a Brad Tolinksi interview).

Result: not perfect but more revealing, i.e., more interesting.

"He’s just playing games, and I’m fed up with it, to be honest with you."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/17/arts/music/jimmy-page-talks-about-his-old-band-its-legacy-and-himself.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=nytimesarts

This one stands out for a few reasons...

Less photoshop (i.e., not a Ross Halfin photo), less sycophancy (i.e., not a Brad Tolinksi interview).

Result: not perfect but more revealing, i.e., more interesting.

"Hes just playing games, and Im fed up with it, to be honest with you."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/17/arts/music/jimmy-page-talks-about-his-old-band-its-legacy-and-himself.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=nytimesarts

That is an excellent interview. Thanks for posting.

Oh, and how dare Jimmy not realize that Robert was only kidding when he said he had nothing planned for 2014, and go ask the capricorns? Maybe he should read this forum more often for the "definitive opinions". Haha.....

Jimmy Page said:

"I was told last year that Robert Plant said he is doing nothing in 2014, and what do the other two guys think? Well, he knows what the other guys think. Everyone would love to play more concerts for the band. Hes just playing games, and Im fed up with it, to be honest with you. I dont sing, so I cant do much about it. It just looks so unlikely, doesnt it?"

The games have stopped now that Plant has recently said in an interview, zero.

It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Time for Jimmy to move on and do his own thing.

He won't have any trouble putting a new band together.

Can't really blame Jones for ignoring this. The guy is writing an opera for goodness sakes, among performing with Seasick Steve and Minibus Pimps and what have you. Plus, how many times has he been ignored anyway. I can't imagine how excited Page, Jones and especially Jason were when they thought something more was going to happen after the O2, yet another disappointment for Jonesy...and that's that he was actually invited this time. Plant's had his couple of interviews about it, but he sort of became sidetracked in the press due to his "ask the capricorns" comments and is now facing the endless barrage of "WILL ZEPPELIN TOUR?" headlines that every journalist seems to think has never been seen before.

That Plant comment... yikes

I agree Plant is a bit of a dick about Zeppelin post- O2, but I really hope there is no bad blood between them because of it. They had a great show, and it is a worthy career closer. Everyone is free to pursue what they want to pursue. Should Plant have done a few more gigs? Absolutely, but it is what it is.

I always thought the band accepted this but that comment Jimmy made might indicate otherwise. A shame!

I agree Plant is a bit of a dick about Zeppelin post- O2, but I really hope there is no bad blood between them because of it.

I think we can be pretty sure by now that there's bad blood between them.

I think we can be pretty sure by now that there's bad blood between them.

So stupid to have such disagreements this late in their careers (and 34 years after their band split up)

They seemed to get along just fine in the years post O2, even up until the Celebration Day release. I know they aren't all the greatest of friends but they seemed to be on ok terms. I wonder what has happened since.

You can set blame on Robert for Jimmy's sour remarks about him. Over the years Robert has toyed with and cajoled the other members about their careers.

Saying he had nothing to do in 2014 and then being so busy has obviously pissed Jimmy off big time.

You can set blame on Robert for Jimmy's sour remarks about him. Over the years Robert has toyed with and cajoled the other members about their careers.

Saying he had nothing to do in 2014 and then being so busy has o

bviously pissed Jimmy off big time.

I agree even if he was being tongue-in-cheek about that it didn't come off that way... Robert just seems sour that as much effort as he puts into his solo career that all questions lead back to Zeppelin... i don't blame him in some ways especially since hes trying to move on but then again why do the O2 and then not realize that people will crave more... what a curse to have been in the greatest rock band of all-time... And Jonesy i love that he has such a great career going and never seems like his time in Zeppelin over-shadows what he's doing now and that he has sooo much fun with it all

I agree even if he was being tongue-in-cheek about that it didn't come off that way... Robert just seems sour that as much effort as he puts into his solo career that all questions lead back to Zeppelin... i don't blame him in some ways especially since hes trying to move on but then again why do the O2 and then not realize that people will crave more... what a curse to have been in the greatest rock band of all-time... And Jonesy i love that he has such a great career going and never seems like his time in Zeppelin over-shadows what he's doing now and that he has sooo much fun with it all

You attract what you fear, and Robert has handled his Zeppelin history poorly over the years. He could not have done a better job at making himself the point man for this discussion if he tried to.

First time I've looked closely at one of the unboxing videos. Am I right in saying that's a new photo of Strider?

Also looks like the original studio reels feature "Bathroom Sound" on them, which is neat. Jimmy at Bron-Yr-Aur? And Robert's hand-written lyrics for Bron-Y-Aur Stomp?

post-20091-0-83170900-1400264915_thumb.j

post-20091-0-92958200-1400264916.jpg

post-20091-0-02012200-1400264918_thumb.j

post-20091-0-28441900-1400264919_thumb.j

post-20091-0-65436400-1400264920_thumb.j

Led Zeppelin's remastered third album will include additional companion audio, featuring previously unreleased studio outtakes and one unreleased track.

Trailer:

So studio demos are in various stages of completeness, whereas the "unreleased track" is all done? Is that the dividing line? I would have considered them all "unreleased" but recognize some stuff wouldn't be labeled "ready for release".

Semantics!

First time I've looked closely at one of the unboxing videos. Am I right in saying that's a new photo of Strider?

Also looks like the original studio reels feature "Bathroom Sound" on them, which is neat. Jimmy at Bron-Yr-Aur? And Robert's hand-written lyrics for Bron-Y-Aur Stomp?

Oh man! I can't explain how happy i am to see a picture of strider. Every time i listen to Bron-Y-Aur Stomp i'm gonna picture that face.

Oh man! I can't explain how happy i am to see a picture of strider. Every time i listen to Bron-Y-Aur Stomp i'm gonna picture that face.

Well I guess this a good time to share my Strider photos collection.

post-20091-0-66490200-1400266027_thumb.j

post-20091-0-09695300-1400266029_thumb.j

post-20091-0-59863300-1400266030_thumb.j

post-20091-0-12823600-1400266032_thumb.j

post-20091-0-37576600-1400266034_thumb.j

post-20091-0-34726200-1400266035.jpg

post-20091-0-38049100-1400266036.jpg

post-20091-0-70579000-1400266037_thumb.j

post-20091-0-23344600-1400266039_thumb.j

post-20091-0-05054800-1400266041_thumb.j

Archived