New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I wonder about tracks such as Sugar Mama, which has been 'overlooked' for the LZII reissue perhaps because it doesn't fit too well with the rest of that album, but could it see the light of day on Coda MkII?

We are all quietly putting out hopes and dreams in coda being pimped to the max with a new songs, including my own personal holy grail (a full studio take of As Long As I Have You from the first album sessions).

But I think we're setting ourselves up for a bit of a fall though :)

Question - on the pictures of the super deluxe sets, what is that album cover thing on the bottom/center? It's not the vinyl, or the book, or the CD's, or the download card....? (see LZ II, for example)

Think you are referring to the print of the album cover, the first 30,000 are numbered.

We are all quietly putting out hopes and dreams in coda being pimped to the max with a new songs, including my own personal holy grail (a full studio take of As Long As I Have You from the first album sessions).

I would go insane for "As Long As I Have You"

I was thinking, does anyone know if there is a recorded version of "Swan Song" that may be included on Houses or Graffiti? I know they worked on it but does anyone know if a demo was cut?

Yes, there are definitely two complete and properly recorded arrangements of that song available in pretty good quality on bootleg. One version is approximately 1:21 in length, the other around 3:35. My fear is that Jimmy will leave these off the PG companion disc because they have circulated so widely on bootleg. I hope he treats this song in the same way as Jennings Farm Blues and deems it too essential to exclude.

Yes, there are definitely two complete and properly recorded arrangements of that song available in pretty good quality on bootleg. One version is approximately 1:21 in length, the other around 3:35. My fear is that Jimmy will leave these off the PG companion disc because they have circulated so widely on bootleg. I hope he treats this song in the same way as Jennings Farm Blues and deems it too essential to exclude.

I too am hoping thes e are included. Even though, "Swan Song" has been on the bootleg market for some time, it may be tough for him to keep this off the PG release or perhaps there may be another version of this, we have never heard.

I think, Jimmy said there would be just one companion disk per album. Don't remember him mentioning PG specifically, since it was originally a double, whether there'd be an extra disk. we'll find out by early next year, when this is being geared up for the Spring release with Presence!

I have all the bootleg material floating around except for the stuff thats in the hands of the actual deep circle traders ( which hasnt made it out yet to the rest of us regular collectors) and considering Jimmy came up with something I haven't heard in the thirty eight years since I've been loving them for Zep three I'd say its a fair bet to say that the stuff jimmy has left is better than we thought.

Possible Track for CODA could also be from Zep III rehearsals, The track, Feel So Bad (Fixen To Die) as named on the bootleg, is probably the ruff idea that led to the more complete feeling, Keys To The Highway and finally Hats Off To Roy Harper which is just as enjoyable maybe more! Jimmy plays a very lively acoustic guitar with slide while Robert shows what a compendium lyrics he is.

Other maybe's for PG are also from the Zep III rehearsals he could have used the ruff idea for Bron Yr Aur and the rough idea for Down by The Seaside. Bron Yr Aur is so intimate its like your are in the room.

I know that brutal artisrty one have a full version of Swan Song, clocks in 72min.

New material from JP is the most interesting tidbit.

We love him but rehashing old stuff is getting old.

Actually, not really. For a fan like myself who has heard and compared various versions over the years... yet never actually owned the material... a boxed set or at least HD downloads of a new remaster would be what I and others have been waiting for ;) .

The Postman has just been with my July edition of MOJO issue 248....with a twenty one page Led Zeppelin feature...Including "The 50 greatest Led Zeppelin songs of all time" " From the Yardbirds to Led Zeppelin" and "The 2014 remasters reviewed"

I wonder about tracks such as Sugar Mama, which has been 'overlooked' for the LZII reissue perhaps because it doesn't fit too well with the rest of that album, but could it see the light of day on Coda MkII?

I think they overlooked "Sugar Mama" because it's dreadful. :P

You're definitely going to be let down.

One companion disc for all albums, including PG.

If that's the case, that'll be one box less for me.

The Postman has just been with my July edition of MOJO issue 248....with a twenty one page Led Zeppelin feature...Including "The 50 greatest Led Zeppelin songs of all time" " From the Yardbirds to Led Zeppelin" and "The 2014 remasters reviewed"

I'm going to be spending nearly as much on magazines as I am on the albums...

Me too. I just bought Guitar World yesterday. I know that is only the beginning. Classic Rock isn't out in the States yet.

Fascinating to see Jimmy so visible in the media when compared to the '70s. Of course we know why it was that way then.

Jimmy is an icon now, obviously; he has plenty to say about the remasters, and the mags want to hear it. I'm pretty sure putting Zeppelin on the cover of any music-related publication noticeably increases sales. I'd guess 10-15%.

Fascinating to see Jimmy so visible in the media when compared to the '70s. Of course we know why it was that way then.

Jimmy is an icon now, obviously; he has plenty to say about the remasters, and the mags want to hear it. I'm pretty sure putting Zeppelin on the cover of any music-related publication noticeably increases sales. I'd guess 10-15%.

yeah, doesnt seem so camera shy these days, gutted he doesn't look like the Hermit from TSRTS ;) get that beard back ol boy

Given the front covers I would hazard a guess that Led Zeppelin will be second only to The Beatles in terms of boosting sales of a magazine.

I tend not to buy them now unless I'm travelling but the excitement over these releases has got me back into the newsagents.

Wonder if anyone HERE got their hands of one of the sets yet? Yeah, yeah, I know the "official" release isn't until a little over a week now, but I remember seeing what appeared to be the first three sets on Jimmy Fallon, so I imagine other members of the press/media must have gotten some preliminary copies already. Anyone of you out there?

L'Olympia concert on the LZ I companion disc has had Plant's "We'd like to feature the wanking dog Jimmy Page" introduction to White Summer cut........also HMMT has been edited down from 23 to 11 mins, now that is a bummer.

L'Olympia concert on the LZ I companion disc has had Plant's "We'd like to feature the wanking dog Jimmy Page" introduction to White Summer cut........also HMMT has been edited down from 23 to 11 mins, now that is a bummer.

Really? That sucks. Why do you think he did that, time constraints or royalties for the cover songs, perhaps?

Really? That sucks. Why do you think he did that, time constraints or royalties for the cover songs, perhaps?

I would imagine both. I listened to the boot last night to try and work out what' s been cut. I reckon 'Over Under Sideways Down; has gone along with Becks Bolero, Smokestack Lightning, Boogie Chillin', Hideaway and a few other bits I'm not sure of the names.

I would imagine both. I listened to the boot last night to try and work out what' s been cut. I reckon 'Over Under Sideways Down; has gone along with Becks Bolero, Smokestack Lightning, Boogie Chillin', Hideaway and a few other bits I'm not sure of the names.

Having a listen now. Don't know if its time, the entire show is 1 hour 18 minutes, just enough to fit onto a cd. BTW, would they have to pay royalties to the Yardbirds? Kind of a weird grey area there lol.

Archived