New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I guess that one of the main problems is that Robert is such a great singer that its hard to find someone who would do the Zeppelin songs justice were he to play them live.

New Jimmy Page music wouldn't need Robert Plant, because why would there be a need to play any Zeppelin songs at all?

New Jimmy Page music wouldn't need Robert Plant, because why would there be a need to play any Zeppelin songs at all?

The same reason Robert still plays the Zeppelin songs - because people want to hear them and they're an important part of his career. Plus, maybe he'd want to regardless of any other reason. I agree though that there's no need, I'd still see him if he just played new stuff.

I believe that Jimmy is ready. He said that he needed to get these projects out of the way and for his own music, he would not need Robert. To be honost it sounds like he has had enough of Robert. He already has gotten no help from Robert or Jonsey promoting these. I don't know what will happen when it comes time to the other 6, but so far they have left it solely to Jimmy. SteveAJones has said over and over again about Jimmy being inactive musically since 1998 and promising a solo album for years. These nasayers are only proving him right. I believe Jimmy and we will just have to see what happens.

The DJ Moby has infused old field recordings of blues singers and world beat rhythms into modern techno - dance and R and B musical mosaic masterpieces.

He basically does all the music and vocal recordings in his small studio using modern technology. It really works!

Jimmy can certainly follow Moby ' s footsteps and incorporate the tons of musical pieces and field recordings in his possession into Jimmy's vision of the old and new. There are many authentic blues singers that would sing with Jimmy and allow for new ventures into self produced music using hi tech methods.

The DJ Moby has infused old field recordings of blues singers and world beat rhythms into modern techno - dance and R and B musical mosaic masterpieces.

He basically does all the music and vocal recordings in his small studio using modern technology. It really works!

Jimmy can certainly follow Moby ' s footsteps and incorporate the tons of musical pieces and field recordings in his possession into Jimmy's vision of the old and new. There are many authentic blues singers that would sing with Jimmy and allow for new ventures into self produced music using hi tech methods.

You're going slightly off topic here people.....

I think Jimmy wants to believe what he is saying about a solo band and album, but I agree that it is unlikely at this point. I don't think IV- Coda will be delayed, especially since the judge just blasted Spirit's lawyer, but taking on a solo project is a huge undertaking. Jimmy needs to find musicians, write an album's worth of songs (he says he has material, but I doubt he has completed songs with lyrics and everything), record them, come up with packaging ideas and a release plan, rehearse at least 20 songs for a setlist, finalize dates, etc. That is at least a 2 year commitment. IF he really decides to tour the earliest we would see a solo show would be in late 2015. I just don't see that happening, and it isn't because he doesn't want it, it is just a huge project.

I hope I am wrong!

Do you have a link for that ? I've been trying to find more info.

I was going to get my super-deluxe box sets through media-mail (usps) but I just recently got something that way and there was a good crease on the shipping box telling me something heavy was on top of it, luckily the vinyl in it was not damaged. For these box sets I am going to have my shipping changed to UPS, either 3-5 day or less shipping. I am not taking any chances on getting damaged merchandise!

I was going to get my super-deluxe box sets through media-mail (usps) but I just recently got something that way and there was a good crease on the shipping box telling me something heavy was on top of it, luckily the vinyl in it was not damaged. For these box sets I am going to have my shipping changed to UPS, either 3-5 day or less shipping. I am not taking any chances on getting damaged merchandise!

I think that's the wise choice. I've used media mail, but I think it's better for lighter and less complex orders!

have there been any hints or evidences as to the release of 7" or 10" vinyl singles of certain tunes yet ?

would love to see an alt version / mix of WLL or IS as single release. also maybe the live version of GTBT/CB,

all backed with the original tunes OR something even more interesting (outtakes?).

i know the market for this is probably relative small, but i'm a deejay myself and wouldn't wanna carry all those vinyl albums around when spinning in a club situation. plus, wasnt there a (withdrawn?) 7" of STH for the Remasters thing in 1990?

The market for vinyl freaks has since become more interesting again i might think.

Yesterday i was reviewing all the studio sessions that i have of LZ, and i was surprised that in a EV disc found many acoustic interesting things they recorder on Headley Grange, Bron Yr Aur and Page's house.

Also a rough version of Fixin To Die.

What i learned about is thar pleny of material was released unofficialy and they stitl have surprises in the pocket, i wonder how many tapes of sessions and live documents they have???

Just listened to La La, as it was played by Nicky Horne on the Classic Rock Magazine show. Wow, there's been a lot of talk about the organ intro, but Jimmy's guitar work is amazing on this track.

Hello all, long long time visitor first time poster here. Zep is, of course, the best band ever.

Just noticed today on Amazon.ca (CANADA) that the super deluxe boxes 1 and 3 are not available for pre order, says sign up to be notified when they are available.

I ordered all 3 SDBS within the first couple of days of the announcement so my order is locked in, but I am wondering, did Amazon sell out all their allotted boxes, and it seems weird that its 1 and 3 since 2 is one of the more popular albums in terms of sales, maybe Amazon pre-ordered more of II than I and III? Or is this some hokey glitch?

Just a little concerned, not to get anyone too worked up here in Canada, but I pre-ordered the Beatles Stereo CD box set from Amazon.ca months in advance back when that came out and they only were able to send it about 2 weeks after release, even though the listing said the whole time ORDER NOW AND WE WILL SHIP SEPTEMBER whatever the release date was.

I am hoping to get a numbered edition of each (not critical just would be a nice bonus) but more important is I want these sets the day they come out, or at least to ship the 3rd, usually I get amazon stuff in 1 business day from shipment. I am locked in at $113 per box.

Anyways, nice to finally join I have been reading this thread since page 1.....

Hi friends. Anyone familiar with the concept of "nesting" will appreciate that today I've prepped my glorious IKEA-supplied bookshelf in anticipation of the Led Zeppelin super deluxe next week (and others to follow in due course).

A place of honor, to be sure. (Tom Petty's a genius: the waiting IS the hardest part).

Hi friends. Anyone familiar with the concept of "nesting" will appreciate that today I've prepped my glorious IKEA-supplied bookshelf in anticipation of the Led Zeppelin super deluxe next week (and others to follow in due course).

A place of honor, to be sure. (Tom Petty's a genius: the waiting IS the hardest part).

With you on that on one Pujols. Patience is a virtue that i really don't have the time for.

I'm so excited for the 24/96 remaster downloads that I got myself a new DAC! Two Sabre32 chips, one dedicated to two channel stereo! It's in an Oppo 105 DVD player. It plays all discs; DVDa, SACD, BlueRay, 3D, all region, PAL, etc. It has 7.1 analogue outputs and volume controls so it could replace a preamp/processor. It has digital inputs: USB, co-ax and optical so I can plug my external drive into it. It even allows me to surf the web and play Netflix, Youtube or Pandora!

I never would have bought this for myself if these remasters weren't available in 24/96. Thanks Jimmy!

(Now Jimmy can start the 5.1 surround remaster project!)

The Nicky Horne interview was a good one. Not because Jimmy said anything particularly interesting but because they played 3 previously unheard tracks from the companion disks: Heartbreaker (Paris 1969), Living Loving Maid (Instrumental mix) and La La.

Archived