New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Today my box sets I and II (2 cd-version) arrived. Glad Amazon sent them early because tomorrow we have a feast day here. The digipacks look nice. Unfortunately there are no linear notes in the booklets; only credits and of course many pictures. Had a short listen to the live concert. Sound is very similar to the bootleg version which had lots of reverb.

Then I listened to a few songs on disc 1. To be honest, I cannot hear much difference in the sound compared to the 1994 releases. I will listend to the complete discs later.

I think the companion disc of II could have been more interesting if you compare it to the "Studio Sesssions Ultimate" bootleg.

Does anybody know why "Baby Come On Home" was not released on the companion disc of I ?

And what will happen with "Hey Hey What Can I Do?" ?

Today my box sets I and II (2 cd-version) arrived. Glad Amazon sent them early because tomorrow we have a feast day here. The digipacks look nice. Unfortunately there are no linear notes in the booklets; only credits and of course many pictures. Had a short listen to the live concert. Sound is very similar to the bootleg version which had lots of reverb.

Then I listened to a few songs on disc 1. To be honest, I cannot hear much difference in the sound compared to the 1994 releases. I will listend to the complete discs later.

I think the companion disc of II could have been more interesting if you compare it to the "Studio Sesssions Ultimate" bootleg.

Does anybody know why "Baby Come On Home" was not released on the companion disc of I ?

And what will happen with "Hey Hey What Can I Do?" ?

That's the first I've heard of someone receiving them early. Could you post a photo?

Yes I'll try. Is it possible to upload it directly to this site? I don't have a photobucket etc account.

Yes you can upload directly. Click "More Reply Option" on the full editor to see the attachment options

Awesome! Thanks for posting. Looks like today is the day when these remasters get their accidental release.

Yes, I think it's because of the feast day we have here tomorrow and amazon wanted to be sure that the discs arrive on friday (official release date here in Germany).

Listening to the Paris concert right now :stereo::suntan:

If somebody had told me, I would've arranged a holiday in Germany this week...

Fingers crossed some of the British Amazon orders arrive early on Saturday, that would make my weekend/week/month/year.

If somebody had told me, I would've arranged a holiday in Germany this week...

Fingers crossed some of the British Amazon orders arrive early on Saturday, that would make my weekend/week/month/year.

I'm hoping the same thing, many of my new release online purchases over the past few years have arrived on the Saturday before the Monday retail outlet release day.

So I will expect an order dispatched e-mail late Thursday/early Friday.

If the worst comes to the worst and there is a postal delay at least I will have the third album autorip download to fall back on in the early hours of Monday morning.

Loosely translated:

Page: "I knew we were precursors"

GUILLAUME TION MAY 27, 2014 AT 18:06

648320-portrait-culture-musique.jpg?modi

Jimmy Page, in Paris on May 21 (Photo Richard Dumas)

MUSIC On the occasion of the reissue of the first three albums by Led Zeppelin, meeting in Paris with her guitarist and founder, Jimmy Page.

The thirty-second and final sonata Beethoven's Opus 111, reference number of a certain musical achievement. It is in the following 111 a Parisian hotel that we expect Jimmy Page. It appears in a doorway: tall, thin, white hair, ponytail. He coughs. Disappears, certainly in the bathroom. The attached press stirred: he pads against sore throat it needs. Whispers. King of staff is responsible for running the pharmacy, in the rain. It feels his own pockets, before remembering that forgot the Lysopaïne office. Too bad, we could have been the first to reach the tube to the star, as his hand toward the stage during a concert tends. Because this is what remains, Page, even thirty-four years after the end of the group: a star, shooting for ten years and shiny since, now founder of hard, sometimes manitou production, Gambling, draft, visionary and legend charged. A capital guitarist 70 years clears throat on a couch, come to sell the reissue of the first three albums of the group he founded in 1968, Led Zeppelin.

These remastered versions, we still hear the pick in Moby Dick or squealing pedal Since I've Been Loving You?

Of course! These are not remixes. The transfer of albums on CD in the early 90s, was not good. The sound was even terrible, horrible. A musician wants his music to be heard in good conditions. I got the original tapes and made new CD. Methods for remastering improved in twenty years. I wanted everything put right with today's standards.

About Since I've Been ... what did you have in mind for this great solo?

I just wanted to create a blues atmosphere and go beyond. Curiosity about this song is that it is a minor blues, but not in the usual style, there is a lot of work on the ropes, a. We played a blues, but extended.

Listen always the Chicago blues?

Yes. I listen to a lot of rural blues. But Chicago remains a bewitching movement, magic, I am always sensitive.

What song Led Zeppelin was the most difficult to develop?

In concert, Achilles Last Stand.

And in the studio?

Oh ... uh ... Stairway to Heaven was complicated. It was difficult to have accelerated this movement ... but not insurmountable for brilliant musicians that we are (laughs).

You can see a YouTube BBC where you play the guitar at 13 years old ... Do you remember now?

I remember when we were in the studio. This is something that haunts you, like when you take a picture of you diaper. It's a little embarrassing. I have not seen the show after. I remember that I was whistling the song. I was still playing on folk.This corresponds to the period when I started wanting to become a guitarist.

In 1969-1970, just starting with Led Zeppelin, you feel innovative?

I knew we were precursors. From the first song of the first album, Good Times Bad Times. Had a personality. And drums John Bonham, with this bearing and pedal set ... It was huge. Just this sentence stirred everyone. And we experimented a lot.There were so many ideas in the songs I had never heard that before. At the end of each album, yes, there was no doubt about it, we were precursors. The music level was very high and we could live, we had, allow us to explore. Every night we stretched what was in the albums. The spectators also came to see how far we could go.

648493-led20zeppelin2001-20lzi20era20-20

Led Zeppelin in 1969 From left to right:. John Bonham, drummer, Robert Plant, singer, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and guitarist, bassist. Photo Atlantic Records.

Today you think you were rather progressive as an odd measure or conservative as a song riff?

It was progressive. We were talking about the battery, for example. John Bonham was an incredible musician. He established the rules of rock drums, but was also able to play other styles, like Rain Song .

It all comes down to this: no matter that we were good individually, none of us are playing with this intensity and technicality in previous groups. And I was a studio musician, I was part of the Yardbirds and more good things we played. This intensity, this is what I wanted when I was thinking about Led Zeppelin. I had already planned tracks like Babe I'm Gonna Leave You or Dazed and Confused , even before he met Robert Plant and John Bonham. Nobody played like Bonham, as he showed in the album I. Because he had not had the opportunity to do before.With Led Zeppelin, we gave ourselves the freedom to play as we wanted.

Led Zeppelin is he not born of a drum and died with him?

Yes, but it is also because other batteries were only counterpoint. Within the group, everyone had their role, everyone was important, it was a fascinating mixture. It still is, the bonus CD will show you how it was all good.

Have you ever regretted the decision to quit the band in 1980 after the death of John Bonham?

No. Lots of business people told us a drummer is not a singer, you could replace it ... But it would not have made ​​sense. Because the way the band played live, changing songs, the synergies between us, we would not have had them in integrating someone else. And at the time, ask a copy drummer John, it was not good. Years later, the most honorable way to replace it was to ask his son. And it went well.

In The Best Band You Never Heard in Your Life, a live 1988 Frank Zappa shows Stairway to Heaven and your solo is played note for note by the brass section ...

Yes, it is fabulous. I respected Frank Zappa. Moreover, no one can despise when you see the volume and quality of its productions. I know it solo in the brass was not a joke, but something respectful. He did as an illustration of the guitar.

The Spirit group accuses you have copied one of their songsStairway to Heaven...

This is ridiculous. I have no further comment on the subject.

Your rhythms are always clean, even after a three-hour concert, while your solos are dirtier...

Because I improvise.

Yes, but I think that first of all you are more a rhythm-ist than a soloist...

It is true that I love the rhythm, play, Jamer and look what comes out of the ordinary. This is fundamental, organization guitars and accents on the beat. This is also why we got along well with John. Consider For Your Life, presented live on the album Celebration Day. Nobody expected us to play this song, but there is an interesting timing in this.

What guitarists do you like to listen?

There are so many different...

A favorite...

Hmm ...It can not be that Les Paul. He was a genius in so many fields: he created the multi-track system, his recordings capture the moods and know when you listen to the songs he recorded with Mary Ford, there was great cascades of guitars. He was so smart in everything he did. We would have had a different life if he had not invented the multitrack. Honestly, thank you, Les.

What is the life of a rock star 70 years?

70 years ... It's a little scary, right? But I do not feel I am as I have always lived. I do not drink for many years, I take care of me, I'm on a diet. I enjoy life. I listen to a lot of things. There six months, I played a lot, but now less. Say that throughout the process of remastering, I played a little guitar. But what matters more is that I am seen playing on stage.

Robert Plant does not want to give new concerts with Led Zeppelin.He even told Rolling Stone that it would be a good idea if you had a new singer...

It would be also good to have an instrumental band (laughs). There are many songs with instrumental moments in Led Zeppelin. The problem is that as soon as you replay all the financial stakes become enormous. For me, the most important thing is the music. If we were playing together, if only two members, it would be a nightmare. With a singer in addition, it is an outright event is too political.

Guillaume TION

Yes, I think it's because of the feast day we have here tomorrow and amazon wanted to be sure that the discs arrive on friday (official release date here in Germany).

Listening to the Paris concert right now :stereo::suntan:

Du bist der glücklichste Mann der Welt! Ich freue mich fuer dich.

It's been a long time since I posted here and I hope my English is still working...

I think the reissues are a great occasion to start participating here again

My question especially to user the ocean 87: How do the new recordings sound in comparison to the priror releases? Do you notice any significant differences in sound quality? (btw I'm form Germany too :D )

It's been a long time since I posted here and I hope my English is still working...

I think the reissues are a great occasion to start participating here again

My question especially to user the ocean 87: How do the new recordings sound in comparison to the priror releases? Do you notice any significant differences in sound quality? (btw I'm form Germany too :D )

Hallo!

No I don't hear any significant differences. To my ears, the 1994 releases already sounded as good as it gets, given the time the records were made.

I have to say that I don't own the most expensive hifi system. Maybe a sound fetishist can hear a siginificant difference :D

Maybe a remix could have been more interesting than a remaster because you cannot really change the volume of certain instruments with a remaster.

Archived