New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Strange, I put IV and HotH in my cart and only IV said it had autorip, so I chatted with them and they said HotH didnt have it. Not sure what the deal is with it.

Sorry, Tone Boss. Not sure what to say.

I got an email from Amazon shortly after midnight: "We thought you'd like to know that the CD is AutoRip eligible. This means that the MP3 version of the album is now available for you to play or download from your Amazon Music Library for FREE."

And, my order confirmation e-mail for HOTH (and fourth album) from Oct. 9 definitely states: "Includes free AutoRip."

Sorry, Tone Boss. Not sure what to say.

I got an email from Amazon shortly after midnight: "We thought you'd like to know that the CD is AutoRip eligible. This means that the MP3 version of the album is now available for you to play or download from your Amazon Music Library for FREE."

And, my order confirmation e-mail for HOTH (and fourth album) from Oct. 9 definitely states: "Includes free AutoRip."

Could be that they removed it, I've seen it happen before with other non zep titles.

Awesome. I think I will be getting very similar chills to you 'Justanothercrow123'.... :)

That sux Mook.

When I get my box sets I would be happy to rip them for ya mate but that wont be for another week or so.

Is the amazon auto rip MP3 format?

I've e-mailed Amazon who are looking into it, my CDs should be there when I get home tonight so not the end of the World.

HOTH SDBS just arrived. :chickeddance:

hoth2.jpg

For whatever reason, fourth will be coming in separate shipment today...

Wanted to get right to the HD downloads...HOTH not available yet! What's up with that?

Sam, turn on the downloads!!!

Have to say that I'm a little underwhelmed by the two alternate discs, little snippets here and there but if you had them on in the background you would hardly notice the difference other than the instrumentals.

Love the drums in the alternate Rain Song though, sublime.

• Administrators

HOTH SDBS just arrived. :chickeddance:

hoth2.jpg

For whatever reason, fourth will be coming in separate shipment today...

Wanted to get right to the HD downloads...HOTH not available yet! What's up with that?

Sam, turn on the downloads!!!

Downloads are up :) (technical issues)

There's not much rhyme or reason in the limited print numbers. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon in the US on day one. My prints for IV and HOTH are numbered 29981/30000 and 29140/30000 respectively.

Interestingly, my box set of IV had 2 download cards for the hi-res tracks. I guess I'll have a back-up if the first download fails for some reason.

It's almost like you should subtract your number from 30,000 to see where on the list you were. Same happened to me the first time around. The must have a stack and pull them off the top, which means the last numbered set. I'm getting mine tomorrow. :)

Today sees the second anniversary of this thread and the release of the second batch of this reissue campaign. The remasters of the original albums sound far superior to the previous re-releases but the material on the companion discs hasn't quite lived up to the expectations or speculation of what might of have come out. It's a little disappointing that we don't have at least surround sound mixes, but they are what they are. Let's just hope we get a surprise or two with what's left.

Less than 24 hours to go...I'm in Los Angeles so it's just past 2:30pm (or 14:30 for you Euros) as I write this. As with the last batch, I'm getting the Super Deluxe Box sets at Amoeba tomorrow (Tuesday Oct. 28 is the U.S. release date). If I have time I'll pick them up before work, if not I'll get them after work.

Since Led Zeppelin IV is Led Zeppelin's highest-selling album, I assume IV will be the biggest-selling of the remaster series. I didn't keep up with the final sales results of the first batch of remasters but I seem to recall that Led Zeppelin I was the highest charting one that first week. Does Sam or anyone have more recent sales tallies for the I, II, and III reissues?

Amoeba is finally out of all the numbered edition Super Deluxe Box sets...there were a few III's hanging around thru the late-summer and into October. I still haven't seen any Super Deluxe Boxes that weren't numbered editions. Has anyone else?

Anyway, as the hours tick by the excitement grows...like on Christmas Eve!

Release date in USA is 27th for some reason ...stores here on east coast have them... at least the cd versions and I got my single disc remasters from amazon today...local BB has cd's for sure but I have not seen deluxe boxes in any stores ever.....as for previous post I have to agree I would not expect much from remaining discs except for the people that have liked what has come so far...the well is dry...live videos Thats another story apparently NOt to be continued by Jimmy...There's always 2 opinions at least but I think they should have left originals to stand alone as always...

Here is an interview when Jimmy was in Berlin. I am going to put this on Roger Berlin's thread as well:-) It is available until 11/2/14.

I got the email that my sets are being delivered tomorrow...I hope so:-)

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/ttt-titel-thesen-temperamente/Einer-der-besten-Gitarristen-der-Welt-J/Das-Erste/Video?documentId=24328082&bcastId=431902

Release date in USA is 27th for some reason ...stores here on east coast have them... at least the cd versions and I got my single disc remasters from amazon today...local BB has cd's for sure but I have not seen deluxe boxes in any stores ever.....as for previous post I have to agree I would not expect much from remaining discs except for the people that have liked what has come so far...the well is dry...live videos Thats another story apparently NOt to be continued by Jimmy...There's always 2 opinions at least but I think they should have left originals to stand alone as always...

I seen your post an hour ago, hurried to the store and am listening to them right now! Haha :D What's the deal?! I thought these were supposed to wait until the 28th in the U.S.

There's not much rhyme or reason in the limited print numbers. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon in the US on day one. My prints for IV and HOTH are numbered 29981/30000 and 29140/30000 respectively.

Interestingly, my box set of IV had 2 download cards for the hi-res tracks. I guess I'll have a back-up if the first download fails for some reason.

IV arrived tonight...YAY!! Can't wait to give it a good uninterrupted listen. HOTH should arrive Wednesday. I pre-ordered both on day one from amazon US and IV was numbered 292. I did not have low numbers for I, II, and III...also pre-ordered from amazon US on day one. Not sure there is definite rhyme and reason.

It's almost like you should subtract your number from 30,000 to see where on the list you were. Same happened to me the first time around. The must have a stack and pull them off the top, which means the last numbered set. I'm getting mine tomorrow. :)

I was thinking that the print numbers might have gone from high to low during the distribution process. That is to say, if you ordered on day one, you got a number close to 30,000. If you ordered a few months later, you got a number that was much lower. My wife ordered months after I did and got a super low number on the LZ III SDBS. I think the early number prints were successively buried by later numbers on pallets; so the last pallet, at the bottom of the pile may have contained print number 1, assuming they were printed in numerical order, which they appear to have been.

The print numbers went from high to low during the distribution process. That is to say, if you ordered on day one, you got a number close to 30,000. If you ordered a few months later, you got a number that was much lower. My wife ordered months after I did and got a super low number on the LZ III SDBS. I think the early number prints were successively buried by later numbers on pallets; so the last pallet, at the bottom of the pile probably contained print number 1, assuming they were printed in numerical order, which they appear to have been.

I agree. Ordered I and II very early, ordered III a week later.

The number on III was significantly lower than the first two.

I should have paid more attention to that before ordering the next two.

Ah well. Just happy to have numbered copies

Ah well. Just happy to have numbered copies

Agreed. I'm not going to get hung up on the numbers of the prints. I'll be mounting and hanging the whole set of nine eventually, regardless of numbers.

The sweet packaging, prints, books and outtakes are all great to own but the brand new vinyl and HD masters of the main albums are what I was after anyway.

By The Dark Lord's logic, I was the 20th person in the world to order the SDBS of IV. That's kinda cool.

I was thinking that the print numbers might have gone from high to low during the distribution process. That is to say, if you ordered on day one, you got a number close to 30,000. If you ordered a few months later, you got a number that was much lower. My wife ordered months after I did and got a super low number on the LZ III SDBS. I think the early number prints were successively buried by later numbers on pallets; so the last pallet, at the bottom of the pile may have contained print number 1, assuming they were printed in numerical order, which they appear to have been.

I'm not sure that theory pans out. I ordered July 29 (can't recall if that was day one but I think it was). LZ IV is numbered 3118, HOTH is 11,086. They were shipped together in one box, not separately like some people have had happen.

I'm not sure that theory pans out. I ordered July 29 (can't recall if that was day one but I think it was). LZ IV is numbered 3118, HOTH is 11,086. They were shipped together in one box, not separately like some people have had happen.

I agree that the theory is not concrete, but I have seen a greater number of low numbers being purchased months after the release date. You also have to figure that they probably drive a fork lift in, grab some pallets, and then ship them to a certain country. The next load goes to another country and so on. This is where a degree of mixing would occur, unless you were LordStanley and bought from the only distributor in the world, as he suggests. You can see how the numbers would eventually get lower as the supply was depleted, and shipped around the world. Or, perhaps, there is no rhyme or reason at all, and that is possible too.

Haven't got my boxes yet, but am listening to the mp3s now. ( BTW - how great do these mp3s sound? I mean, of course the HDs and the vinyl are all great but even the freakin' mp3's have been stunning IMO.) I am loving these companion discs, myself. Misty Mountain Hop - Wow! This track really got me to understand what Jimmy is going for with these. Kind of showcasing what's awesome about each track. Hopefully I'll be getting my physical copies tomorrow. But count me as a happy camper, no regrets about going all in on these. The definitive release of the greatest catalog in rock

Archived